Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I have problem of ear. My ear flows continuous water since 25 year. I treated many ent doctor but not get any proper solution. Which treatment is best for this problem. Firstly I stop my ear flowing. Then I decide middle ear surgery. Pleas give me proper solution and suggest proper treatment. First I stop my ear water flow.

1 Doctor Answered
First of all you have to keep your ear free from water & soap. Secondly you have to prevent any indirect flow due to common cold or allergy. These are the two most important issues which needs your attention. Use a vaseline coated cotton in the ear during bath etc and take your already prescribed anti cold or anti allergic medication accordingly. Don't lift heavy weights and don't blow your nose frequently. This should dry up your ear substantially. Then you can have surgery done. If the discharge is not infected, surgery can be done in a healthy wet ear also.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.