Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My father is 52 years old. He is serviceman so setting work is more. His blood sugar level is fasting - 144 mg/ dl and pp - 188 mg/dl, Pp urine - trace. What should be the diet plan for maintain sugar level? What to be done to control diabetes? Please suggest me.

2 Doctors Answered
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease which can be reversed by diet and life style changes. Cut down on carbs Eat a high fibre diet Sleep well Regular exercise start juicing --Only Vegetable juicing which will reduce both Bp and sugar and you will be able to reduce the dose of medicines with proper advice. Stop animal foods Eat plant based diet Eat only home cooked foods Do not eat fast foods and processed foods This concept is not yet popular in India because doctors s do not know nutrition because it is not taught in medical curriculum. Patient mind set also has to change because they are never told about alternative options and they do not get educated about their health issues Remember You cannot fix your health without fixing your diet. You are what you eat eats. So if you need specific advice take a consult.
4 people found this helpful
high sugar need control check once HbA1C so this can be confirmed of high fasting For a new onset diabetes first increase exercise so that muscle eat more sugar and insulin resistance reduced diet small frequent diet and compose diet of one part rice/roti, one part fish /dal and 2 part vegetables avoid sweet
6 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.