Doctors in Sanjeevan Hospital
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Colic
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Black eye
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Submit a review for Sanjeevan HospitalYour feedback matters!
Be it burgers, bagels, muffins, sandwiches or simple toasts, bread has made headway into the diets of a huge portion of the populace. Although a staple diet for many since time immemorial, the consumption of bread has increased extensively in the recent past. But, which type of bread should we intake to incur the best health impacts is a question that bothers many. The general assumption is that the wholegrain variety is the best alternative. However, the barrage of marketing tactics makes it impossible to distinguish the best variety from the others.
There are a whole lot of myths surrounding the best variety of bread and you must choose wisely before settling for one particular type. It is expedient to look beyond the overt appearance or the name of the bread, one needs to be wary of the ingredient before taking a call.
Mostly, white bread is made out of refined flour which is often striped off essential nutrients and fibers. To worsen the situation, white bread is often bleached with certain chemicals to enhance its appearance.
Certain assumptions deem brown bread as the healthier option. Unfortunately, it isn't true always. More often than not, brown bread is simply white bread with artificial coloring added to it or is caramelized. They essentially add no surplus nutritional value.
Similarly, multigrain bread can often mislead the consumers about its health impacts. Unlike whole wheat bread, multigrain breads are usually chemically treated with softened grains. This does not effectively recover the lost nutrients of the bread.
Whole wheat bread has more pronounced health benefits. It contains more wheat germ and fibers in comparison to the more processed varieties of bread. Having evaded the toxic additives, it has relatively healthier effects on our blood sugar levels.
As you realize that the bread that you eat does not necessarily affect your health favorably, wisdom lies in seeking out the least harmful variety. In that context, rye bread or spelt bread contains greater amount of minerals. Besides, bread made from barley, oats and millets have greater mineral content than the commercially hybridized varieties and promote better health.
The skin on your scalp renews its cells like every other skin cell on your body. They restore every twenty-four days by forming new types skin cells underneath the old cells to reveal the new ones eventually. Dry skin and dandruff are caused due to many reasons, however, are different than each other. Here are a few signs and causes that separate the two:
Dandruff is not caused by dryness but instead an excessive amount of oil. In a few people, the yeast begins to feast upon the excessive oil and dead skin cells on the scalp, making the skin cells shed off and form flakes on the head. Here are a few reasons why dandruff is caused:
- Excessive intake of sugar, fat, starch
- Improper nourishment
- Heredity problems
- Allergies or sensitive skin
- Lack of rest
- Emotional anxiety
- Hormonal changes
- Poor well-being
Dry scalp is caused because of loss of oil and moisture from the skin and can be caused because of certain shampoos, cleansers, climate, water, or even your eating routine. Signs and side effects include itching and tingling and little white flakes that fall off excessively.
Here are a few ways in which you can fight dry skin:
- Dry scalp can be dealt with by using normal cures, for example, apple cider vinegar since help in normalizing the pH on your scalp and remove the flakes and residue left behind by shampoos, conditioners, and other hair items.
- You can likewise do a light scalp message using regular oils, for example, additional virgin olive oil, jojoba oil, and so on.
- Yogurt and honey can help the hair recover by hydrating them and adding dampness to your scalp to fight the dry scalp.
Here are a few ways in which you can treat dandruff on your scalp:
Wash your hair consistently with a delicate shampoo to decrease the amount of oil on your scalp. qIn case that your dandruff is more serious or a normal shampoo doesn't work, try an anti-dandruff shampoo. Most dandruff shampoos contain solutions like Pyrithione zinc and Selenium sulfide that kill the fungus on your scalp or evacuates flaky skin.
- Pyrithione zinc: It contains antifungal properties that kill the bacterial growth on your scalp that causes the flakes to appear.
- Selenium sulfide: This helps in diminishing the signs of dandruff growth and keep an excessive number of skin cells from being killed along with it. In case you have coloured hair, ask your specialist before using the dandruff shampoo containing selenium sulfide. It can change the shade of your colour.
Eczema of the scalp, which results in itching, flaking, or crusting of the scalp, is called scalp peeling or is commonly referred to as “dandruff”. This condition causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin cells. Dandruff may also be caused by a fungal infection, other than just dehydration of the scalp.
The causes of an extremely dry scalp, thereby causing dandruff or even bigger flakes falling from the head onto shoulders and clothes, may be due to scalp psoriasis, eczema, poor nutrition, generalized dehydration, exposure to too much direct heat, and using too much of shampoo.
The three types of dandruff that need to be treated are those resulting from fungal growth, dry scalp and the one resulting from product build-up.
- Fungal growth: This kind of dandruff is a chronic condition, caused by increased oil content on the scalp or an off-balance pH of the scalp. It may also be due to poor cleansing habits, or even an allergic reaction to the hair products one uses. Try switching shampoos, conditioners, or styling products to sulfate-free formulas to cure this condition.
- Dry scalp: Sometimes, the skin of the scalp is literally so parched and dry that it is flaky and falls away like snakeskin. People with this kind of dandruff usually have drier hair and notice a tightness in their scalp. To treat dry-scalp dandruff, it is wise to indulge one’s hair with moisturizing and hydrating shampoos, cut down on or space out harsh chemical treatments like relaxers, permanents, or dyes, and take in more moisture from the inside - drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water a day, and your skin (including your scalp) will show you results that you want. Eliminating sulfates from your shampoos or other hair care products will also help with dry scalp, since these ingredients help strip away natural oils. Brushing hair or massaging the scalp - either with bare fingertips or a few drops of oil - is another great treatment, since massage helps stimulate circulation and bring blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the scalp and hair.
- Product buildup: The most common type of dandruff is due to product buildup. This is what happens when people with otherwise healthy manes and scalps use too many styling products, such as layering gels, hair serum, hairspray, wrap lotions, scalp oils, heat-protecting serum, and so on. Dandruff caused by product buildup usually looks more like small clumps or balls of dirt. It may have a brownish color, since all those products attract and trap plenty of dirt and sweat. Product-buildup dandruff also tends to appear sporadically, only when hair is in need of a wash, whereas other types of dandruff show up more quickly and regularly.
To treat this kind of dandruff, one should wash hair more often or simply aim for using minimum chemical-rich hair products.
Link between Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation
Erectile Dysfunction is the inability of a man to achieve a penetrable erection while premature ejaculation is a man's inability to take control of his ejaculations during or before sexual intercourse. These conditions are two of the most common sexual dysfunctions observed among men. The prevalence of these two conditions can be found among all socioeconomic groups and among men of varying ages.
The incidence of premature ejaculation is higher and hence more common among both young and old men. Studies show that an estimated 40% of men suffer from the condition of premature ejaculation. On the other end, research also reveals that erectile dysfunction is associated with advancing age though a host of other factors like diabetes, kidney and heart diseases and certain medications can also be responsible.
How are these two conditions actually related?
It is found that in most men who have been primarily diagnosed with erectile dysfunction, the secondary concern has been premature ejaculation. The reason for both the problems is more or less the inadequate flow of blood to the penis required for a penetrable erection.
Moreover, in some cases, it was found that premature ejaculation occurred when a person was diagnosed with both mild and acute erectile dysfunction. In a similar manner, it was found that among men who suffered from ED and required constant stimulation to maintain a penetrable erection found out the instances of occurrence of premature ejaculation was high.
In some cases, it was found that the chief cause of erectile dysfunction was premature ejaculation. Because of these reasons, the two conditions are often found to co-exist and overlap one another.
In cases where both the conditions exist, treatment for ED is recommended to be sought first.
You must be aware that while emotional intimacy is highly required for a healthy relationship, physical intimacy is equally important. And, to keep things exciting and satisfying for both the partners trying out several sex positions could be the key.
If you are looking for ways to stimulate your woman to achieve orgasm and ensure pleasurable intercourse moments, mission in-her-possible, a variant of the popular missionary position, can be a good option to try. Understand the intricacies involved with this position by reading further.
What it has to offer to the women?
Women who face difficulties in having an orgasm very often can find this particular sex positions, especially known for its stimulation, is an ideal position to try. Offering the perfect clitoris and G-spot stimulation in its every thrust, it can be one of the best sex positions that can give a woman that perfect long elusive taste of pleasure when a man presses his pelvis against her clitoris. With one leg placing up in the air and one leg placing on the bed, it lets women feel the pleasure of sex and stimulation like never before.
Why will men love it too?
Men who often feel self-conscious and worried about not being able to make their partners achieve an orgasm or stimulate properly, this position can take away all their worries. Though it may demand a bit of endurance from the men's side as they have to lean forward, relying upon the resting leg of women for further guidance and support, and also a certain penis size, still, considering the results, trying this position is worth all the efforts.
Some quick facts about the position
- Numbered as 13, mission in-her-possible is for specifically experienced couples. Yes, considering the difficulty levels of it, sexologists recommend it to those who have previous experience in trying various sex positions.
- It doesn’t require much of stretching, despite appearing to be so. While the level of pleasure, acquired from this position, can be low for men but as far as women are concerned, pleasure level it provides is high.
- The position may not be very suitable for men with a small penis and for the women who experience pain during intercourse. Men with a penis size of 7 inches or more may be perfectly suitable for this position.
- The requirement of both stamina and flexibility for this position is medium and the pleasure quotient is high.
Remember, whenever trying this particular sex position, both the man and the woman must feel comfortable with each other. Trying ‘mission in-her-possible' indeed helps in improving the chances of women having an orgasm, but it is only possible when the interest of trying it develops in both the partners, participating in the sexual act.
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-level in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. Madhumeha is the Ayurvedic term for diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna – banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Emblica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is the most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. Its cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
Menopause is a natural change in a female body that occurs after or around the age of 45, when the ability to bear children stops permanently. The fertility diminishes and the menstrual cycle stops. A decrease in hormone production, especially in the levels of estrogen, happens after the onset of menopausal years.
During this time, there are a number of physical changes that take place inside the woman’s body. The noticeable changes happen in the female breasts.
Some visible changes to breasts during menopause
Non-cyclical breast pain is mostly not related to menstrual cycle and slowly stops with time.
Loss of glandular tissues is common and causes shrinkage in size.
With age, the connective tissues also lose elasticity and causes sagging
Breast pain could also be due to fibrocystic breast changes
There could be a chance of developing breast cancer
Density of the glands decreases inside the breasts and fat develops.
It is advisable to get any kind of discomfort examined by the doctor to make sure you are in the safe zone. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is not generally advised as it may create hormonal issues in the long run.
It is also important to follow a healthy diet comprising of protein, calcium , magnesium and other vital nutrients as advised by your doctor. Reduction in smoking and alcohol intake is highly beneficial and cuts down risk of major diseases. It is also necessary to exercise, remain physically active and maintain a healthy body weight during this time.
Regular check-ups, mammograms and self-examination of breasts help to diagnose and detect early signs of breast tumours and cancer and are highly recommended, especially for women who are in the perimenopausal and menopausal years.
Are you a sex addict and suffer from sexual addiction? Sexual addiction, also referred to as hyper sexual disorder or compulsive sexual behavior, is a condition in which a person becomes obsessed with thoughts about sex, sexual urges, and risky behavior, all of which are capable of landing them in trouble. It is also likely to cause distress in a person’s personal relationships, health, and in other spheres of life. Self-stimulation by a person is also a part of sexual addiction. A sex addict is detested by the society, and ends up being rejected from all places.
Symptoms of sexual addiction
A number of behavioural characteristics of an individual may indicate that he or she is a sex addict. Some of them include:
- Number of affairs at a time
- Extreme sexual impulses
- Excessive masturbation
- Unsafe sex
Ways to deal with sexual addiction
Here are the top ways of dealing or coping with sexual addiction:
- Get enrolled in a treatment program for sexual addiction, and follow the program seriously and sincerely. The program may include therapy sessions with a therapist, and attending other sessions and therapies that are meant for sexual addiction recovery. These programs are quite strict, and you need to maintain discipline.
- Self-educate yourself for coping with your sexual addiction. Undertake research and find about the various types of compulsive sexual behaviors that are linked with sexual addiction.
- Analyse and recognise the triggers to your sexual addiction and sex addictive nature. Recognise situations and thoughts, and then train yourself to keep away from being triggered.
- Abstain from any form of risky behavior while coping with sexual addiction. Recognise all conditions that may be risky and avoid facing them. Stop yourself from visiting pubs, strip clubs, and bars where you are likely to be tempted to find a way and have sex.
- Avoid watching pornographic videos and pictures. You should install a software on your computer that blocks all forms of adult websites.
- Take medication for mental health issues and for substance abuse. This is important for coping with sexual addiction. Stress, depression, anger, and anxiety are common factors that lead to sexual addiction and compulsive sexual behavior.
- Make a healthy lifestyle choice and spend time in locations that are healthy. Do not try to deal with negative sentiments by having sexual intercourse. Work out regularly and try activities that are productive.
- Practice stress management. Consider trying out relaxation techniques of several types such as meditation, yoga, and tai chi.
Your determination, focus, and willpower are the most important factors that determine your rate and progress of recovery from sexual addiction. The treatment program may be quite lengthy, but you should hold on tight and not quit half way.
Mood disorders are characterized by emotional disturbance in the patient and are of different kinds. This further leads to disruption in physical, social and thought processes in an individual. The two major mood disorders are mania and depression. In case of mania, the patient develops intense, unrealistic feelings, and in depression the patient becomes extremely sad and feels dejected. In some cases, a person may experience both mania and depression, while in other cases, a person only goes through depression. Mood disorders are classified into two major categories:
- Unipolar, where a patient experiences only depression.
- Bipolar, where a patient experiences mania and depression at the same time.
Homeopathic medicines are extensively used for treating mood disorders. Homeopathy works effectively on mood disorders and gives satisfactory results. There are several homeopathic medicines for mood disorders, which are prescribed on the basis of the causes of a certain mood disorder. Here is a list of common homeopathic remedies for mood disorders and when they are used:
- Anacardium: It is a homeopathic medicine used in curing mood disorders where the patient talks foolish and imagines foolish, baseless things. The patient turns irritable and quarrelsome as he loses self-confidence. Stupidity and childishness are indicated. The patient laughs on serious matters and feels like having a dual personality.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is used to treat mood disorders, which fall under the category of mania. The patient’s will power gets deranged, develops extra sexual excitement, and talks without sense. The patient becomes wild and offends others without any reason. He feels like touching every person and objects around and uses offensive language.
- Stramonium: This medicine is used in mood disorders where a patient develops weird ideas, talks with imaginary friends, becomes unclean and unhygienic and experiences fear. He looks frightened and in horror. The patient desires company.
- Arsenic album: Arsenic album is used for the cure of mood disorders where a patient develops a tendency of self mutilation. He feels worthless and is in despair. The memory gets weak, and any slight dispute makes the patient furious; he feels a rush of blood to the head. He fears death and fears of getting deserted by others. Acute melancholia is indicated.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another homeopathic medicine, which treats mood disorders. Hyoscyamus is used when a patient becomes idiotic and silly. The patient becomes lewd and lascivious. Lews gestures are likely among patients with this disorder. The patient becomes a nymphomaniac. This mood disorder arises from jealousy, fights and failed love relationships.
Homeopathy treats mood disorders effectively and most naturally. For each kind of mood disorder, there is a homeopathic remedy. When taken correctly, successful results are attained.
Hepatitis A is an infectious disease caused by the Hepatitis A Virus (HAV), which affects the liver. It leads to inflammation of the liver. Even though it does not cause any severe harm in the initial stages, it can become acute or chronic later if not treated or managed on time. If it becomes chronic, it can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and permanent liver failure too.
Hepatitis A is caused by ingestion of contaminated food or water and it can also result due to anal or oral contact during sex. This infectious disease results in specific signs and symptoms, including fatigue, nausea, vomiting, fever, jaundice, anorexia, and rashes on the body. There are many allopathic medicines to cure Hepatitis A but they can be harsh on the body. If one wants to avoid the possible side effects of these medications, then Ayurvedic remedies offer to be a better choice as they do not have any side effects and also cure the infection completely, giving permanent and full relief.
So, here are some Ayurvedic remedies for Hepatitis A.
- Virechana: A part of the Panchakarma process, it is a detoxification therapy that flushes out the toxins from the body. In Ayurveda, it is believed that any disorder of the liver is caused by pitta imbalance and this imbalance is rectified by a purgation technique. In the first step, the patient is made to vomit and then is kept on a light diet for a few days and watched over. In the last step, the patient is administered virechana drugs such as sweet herbs to cleanse the toxins and purify the blood. After cleansing, the patient is given a warm bath to calm the senses.
- Echinacea: This herb is a natural immunizing agent that helps fight the infection caused by HAV. It is an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory in nature and thus, provides relief to the liver. It also stimulates the secretion of enzymes in the body and improves blood circulation as well. Lastly, it prevents auto-immune diseases.
- Phyllanthus niruri: Also known as Bhumi Amla, it is very effective in fighting infections of the liver and can cure all forms of liver diseases. It possesses analgesic, antibacterial, and anti-spasmodic properties. It cures the liver inflammation and corrects the pitta imbalance.
- Triphala: A mixture of bibhataki, haritaki and amlaki, triphala is a very effective cleansing herb. It carries laxative properties and thus, helps remove toxins from the intestines.
- Katuki: This Ayurvedic herb is very effective in the treatment of different liver diseases and is known as a strong laxative. It helps in the detoxification of the intestines and also kills the intestinal worms.
These Ayurvedic remedies are known to provide lasting relief in Hepatitis A, no matter what the stage of the infection is. The herbal medicines can be consumed in the form of tablets, capsules, mixture (churna), or even taken as a tea. Nevertheless, it is advised to consult an Ayurvedic doctor before resorting to any of these remedies. Proper diagnosis and accurate dosage is a must in the treatment of Hepatitis A.