Management of Abortion
Laser Hair Removal
Customised Diet Chart
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of UTI
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Submit a review for Ratna Memorial HospitalYour feedback matters!
Walking is one of the most effective and low-impact means of losing weight. Here, it is crucial to understand how to execute it efficiently. Most people enjoy walking as it is easy on your joints and doesn’t lead to any kind of injuries. If you wish to lose weight, you will have to set the right goals while comprehending the fundamentals of weight loss.
How long would it take to reach the desired weight?
With a set goal and proper way of execution, most people tend to lose about half to one pound in a week. If you wish to shed some more pounds within this span, you should know that it is not advisable. This pace mentioned above is safe and would inhibit the lost weight from reappearing. For losing about one pound in a week, you will have to burn around 500 calories each day. If you believe you are not able to burn this amount of calories only by walking, you should reduce the daily calorie intake.
How often is it required to walk?
If you have never been into this type of routine, you should start by walking on alternate days for about 20 minutes. You will gradually have to surge the duration and frequency of the walks until you are capable of walking an hour every day. Even though it is not an activity to dislike, many people might find it boring.To make it enjoyable, you can listen to music while walking or find other ways suitable for you.
As mentioned earlier, you will have to walk on at least 5 days in a week while you should aim to walk every day. Moreover, you must refrain from skipping the activity more than a day at a stretch. This is because having consistency would not just aid in burning calories but also improve your metabolism. Make sure that you walk between 6 and 10 hours in a week.
Does your diet play a role in weight loss through walking?
It goes without saying that having some potato chips or a candy bar can reduce your chances of weight loss that you may have expected from the walking sessions. For losing weight, you should not only walk, but also eat lesser calories than what you can burn.
Another aspect that deserves mention here is that most people tend to stop all sorts of physical activity right when they reach their desired weight. According to fitness experts, you must spend about 60 to 90 minutes of physical activity most days of the week while ensuring that you do not eat too much of unwanted calories to maintain your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
What is Prenatal care?
It is crucial for a woman who is on her way to becoming a mother to pay special attention to her health. Health care offered to a pregnant woman is also known as prenatal care or antenatal care. It is a very important phase in a woman's life, so go for regular prenatal checkups as they go a long way in reducing risks of complications during pregnancy and child birth. This, in turn, increases the chances of giving birth to a healthy baby.
Contrary to popular belief, prenatal care does not begin when a woman is told that she is pregnant. Prenatal care should ideally be started at least three months before you try to conceive a child. This prepares your body and mind for the changes that pregnancy will bring. Some healthy habits to follow during this period include:
- Quit Drinking alcohol and smoking
- Consult a gynecologist about any existing medical conditions, medication you may be on and what supplements you should start taking
- Avoid contact with chemicals and toxic substances
Once your pregnancy is confirmed, you will need to visit the doctor regularly for checkups.
Prenatal checkups are meant to keep an eye on your health and the health of your baby. In most cases, you will be asked to come in every month for the first two trimesters and every two weeks during the seventh and eighth month of your pregnancy. During the ninth month, your doctor may want to see you once a week until the delivery. In cases where a pregnancy is considered high risk because of existing medical conditions, the age of the mother or any other factors, the doctor may ask a for more frequent checkups.
A prenatal checkup involves a physical examination, tests, screenings and dietary consultations. Some of the common tests include blood tests to check for HIV, the mother’s blood type and anemia. Your blood pressure will also be monitored. When it comes to the baby’s health, determining the rate at which the baby is growing and heart rate are most important. In the later stages of your pregnancy, the position of the baby will also be noted. It is important to not skip these checkups even if you are feeling fine.
Keep your doctor informed about any changes you may notice in your health. Do not take any medication without consulting your doctor even if it is for something as simple as a cold. Do not feel shy about talking to your doctor and ask him or her anything you would like to about your pregnancy and childbirth.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region.
We all would have noticed that with age, hair growth along the earlobe crease is not something abnormal. We all have seen people who develop these as a part of ageing. There was nothing unusual about it at all. However, what is unusual is that science has found a very interesting correlation between heart attacks and hair on the ears.
Yes, it does sound very unusual, but there have been studies conducted which say that hair growth on the ears could be one of the first warning signs of the onset of coronary artery disease.
What is coronary artery disease?
The heart is a pump that sends out and receives blood from the rest of the body through a channel of highly interconnected blood vessels. The ones which carry pure blood to the rest of the body are known as arteries and the ones which collect impure blood and bring it to the heart are known as veins. Due to changing food patterns and sedentary lifestyle, there is a lot more fat in the body, which also travels through the blood. Due to their heavier nature, they settle along the walls of the blood vessels, thereby narrowing the blood vessel thickness and reducing the blood flow to the various organs. This is the onset of coronary artery disease.
Early Indicators of coronary artery disease:
- Hair loss (often premature, either in the temple region or the crown)
- Fatty deposits on the eyelids
- Earlobe crease i.e people with diagonal earlobes are more likely to develop heart disease
- Hair in the ears
The last two are interrelated, as hair growth in the ears is more common in people with diagonal ear lobes.
The next correlation is between testosterone and hair growth in the ears.
People with more testosterone in their bodies are more likely to develop body hair, including in the ears. Scientifically, it has been established that people with greater amounts of testosterone are more likely to develop heart disease. Interestingly, the correlation is stronger in younger age groups.
Another interesting fact is that though coronary artery disease is linked to the presence of ear hair in both men and women. However, sudden cardiac death was more common in men than in women. Both these had hair growth, though.
There is another group which dismisses this theory saying that with age, both hair growth and coronary artery disease are likely to develop, and there is no significant correlation between the two. However, if taken as an early warning sign, ear hair growth can definitely guide in taking preventive measures, which can help control the problem in its early stage, which is definitely welcome to improve the overall quality of life!
For a fully functional and productive life, a person requires a healthy body and a healthy mind. Mental health issues could range from depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, dementia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, autism and other causes. Hence, it is important that a person pays attention to these mental health disorders to avoid further problems in their lives, as well as the lives of the people around them.
Here are a few reasons as to why a person should not avoid or ignore their mental health problems:
- Better Physical Health: There is a solid association between the brain and the body. In case you are in physical pain, your work and family life might be influenced or you will be unable to do the activities you might like. This can prompt anxiety, nervousness and depression. People with physical health issues are three times more prone to look for mental health care than those without physical conditions as physical health problems can prompt mental distress and mental health issues can impair your physical health.
- Enhanced Productivity and Financial Stability: Stressful situations may trigger reactions that can make a person unproductive and lead to financial problems as well. Some people end up abandoning their homes, going bankrupt or homeless after trying to manage some sort of mental illness.
- Less Strain on the Family: Mental sickness or disorders influence families as well. The children of individuals with mental health issues are at more serious danger for misuse, disregard and an extensive variety of emotional and behavioral issues. Since they cannot look up to their parents for help and they frequently isolate themselves from their friends and most of them do not get the required social backing. Much of the time, the impact extends into adulthood, driving children to look for psychological or mental treatment of their own.
- Evasion of Crime and Victimization: A few studies recommend that individuals with untreated mental health, particularly in combination with other risk factors, might be at risk of carrying out criminal activities, violence or most probably becoming victims themselves. The danger increases gradually when the individual uses medications or alcohol or has acute symptoms. It could also happen if they are not aware of their mental state or have a poor adherence to medication. Usually, acts of violence happen against relatives or somebody in the individual's nearby group of friends or in close proximity to them.
- A Longer, Happier Life: Individuals with even a mild mental health issue may have a lower life expectancy and a short life span. Those with the largest amounts of depression or nervousness had the danger of death that increased an incredible ninety-four percent, mostly identified with heart diseases.
Jaundice is a condition that results in excess of bilirubin in the blood. One of the first signs that become evident is the skin becomes yellowish in color. This article will reflect on the probable causes of jaundice and the way to detect them. While there are a lot of treatment options, the exact course of treatment depends on the underlying cause of the disease.
Causes of Jaundice:
Jaundice is the result of an underlying disorder that either cause overproduction of bilirubin or stops the liver from getting rid of it. In either case, the bilirubin gets deposited in the tissue. Some of the underlying causes of jaundice include the following:
- Liver inflammation: An acute inflammation of the liver can restrict the liver to conjugate resulting in accumulation of the bilirubin inside the liver.
- Inflammation of the bile duct: This is a serious condition that might result in non-secretion of the bile and failure to remove the bilirubin resulting in jaundice.
- Gilbert's syndrome: This is an inherited condition. It restricts the enzymes to excrete bile resulting in jaundice.
- Hemolytic anemia: This is a condition where a large amount of RBC is broken down resulting in an increased production of bilirubin. This lead to jaundice.
- Cholestasis: This is a condition that leads to an interruption of the flow of bile from the liver. As a result, the bilirubin gets accumulated in the liver resulting in jaundice.
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome: This is again an inherited condition that stops the bilirubin from draining out of the liver.
- Pseudojaundice: This is a harmless condition that might result in jaundice due to an excess of beta-carotene. People who tend to eat a lot of melon, carrot, and pumpkin have a high possibility of getting this type of jaundice.
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome: This is a genetic condition that impairs the ability of the tissue to excrete bilirubin from the liver resulting in jaundice.
Surgical Pathological Cause-
- CBD stone
- Periampullary carcinoma of pancreas
- Choledochal cyst
- Mirrizi syndrome
- Duodenal growth
How is it diagnosed?
- Urine Test: A urine test aims to measure the count of urobilinogen. The latter is produced when bacteria inside the body breaks the bile into smaller parts. A Higher count of urobilinogen certainly suggests the indication of Jaundice.
- Blood tests and Liver function: A liver function test can help a doctor diagnose certain liver ailment such as the cirrhosis, hepatitis and alcohol led diseases. Apart from these, the protein produced by liver and releases into the body tends to fall. A blood work will capture the reading and indicate towards jaundice.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests are only required when post-hepatic or intra-hepatic jaundice is suspected. Some of the tests that are helpful include MRI, Ultrasound scan and CT scan.
- Liver Biopsy: A biopsy is recommended to witness the condition of the liver when the liver is affected by serious condition along with jaundice such as cirrhosis etc.
In surgical pathology(jaundice), laproscopy / open surgery require according to diagnosis and symptoms!
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.
If there is one thing that men and women dread the most, it is hair loss and hair fall problems. In the last decade or so, the number of young men and women suffering from severe hair loss is quite alarming. The hair fall, which may be an outcome of stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, genetics, medical conditions, unhealthy habits, poor diet or lack of a proper hair care routine, can make life miserable and embarrassing. People try out every possible treatment to deal with the problem. In this regard, the PRP or the Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy comes as a revelation.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a path-breaking, nonsurgical and natural option that treats the conditions of severe hair loss through hair, scalp, and skin simulations, as per the requirements. The procedure for PRP are as follows:
- The plasma contains the platelets. The platelets are important as they not only heal but also helps in regeneration of the damaged tissues.
- The first step involves extracting the blood of the person undergoing the PRP Therapy.
- Next step is the centrifugation step. Centrifugation helps to obtain the platelet rich plasma (which gets separated from the blood during the centrifugation process).
- The patients are given anesthesia at the scalp (mainly the nerves) to ease the pain.
- The platelet rich plasma is then carefully injected into the scalp of the patient to initiate the hair restoration.
The PRP therapy channelizes on the fact that the growth factors present in the platelet rich plasma will act as a catalyst, triggering the stimulation and growth of the hair follicles
Some of the growth factors that help in the hair restoration are as follows
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (responsible for the formation of blood vessels).
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (triggers the growth of blood vessels along with cell replication as well as the formation of the skin).
- Epidermal Growth Factor (involved in the formation of blood vessels and collagen along with the growth and differentiation of the cell).
- Insulin Like Growth Factor (this growth factor is mainly involved in the regulation of the normal cell physiology).
For better and effective results, the therapy is repeated at every 3 - 4 months interval.
- As impressive and fruitful as it may sound, the PRP Therapy is a big no for people dealing with certain medical conditions such as cancer, platelet dysfunction syndromes, hypofibrinogenemia, severe and chronic skin problems, severe liver disorders, sepsis, hemodynamic instability, or acute and prolonged infections.
- People who are into drinking, smoking or drug abuse should also avoid the PRP Therapy.
- PRP fails to provide the desired results in the case of complete baldness.
- The PRP therapy that has benefitted many people worldwide comes with the following advantages
- PRP Therapy is non-invasive and natural with a faster recovery.
- The Therapy is less time consuming and is quite safe.
My penis is quite small is there any medicine or hand job exercise and any food I can large my penis. Please tell me what should I do?
I get frequent headaches, sometimes either on the right side or behind or at times the whole head. Taking panadols don't help Please help.
Hi, I am suffering from bad breath problem have not got any help any doctor ever since 15 years help.
Doctor I am writing in hindi as well as in hindi. I am having problem with my right ear, I am not able to listen from right side. I went to sant permanent hospital so they told that aapke kaan ka parda sooj gaya hai because of cold. I totally agree because meko cold and cough tha. And now after taking medicines for 5 days my cold and cough are gone but the main problem of my ear is like worse than it was. I can listen from right ear but very low voice. There is no wax I am sure and the doctor also said. Can you prescribe something to do at home to get relief please.
Hey doctor! I wanted to know, one of my friend may had or may not had proper intercourse with her guy, but she is still not down yet. Like her date was suppose to be on 9th of August (as last month she had on 9th July) but she had like not proper sex with him on 17th of august. She dint had proper sex, like the penis was not inside the vagina directly and girl was wearing her panty. And the guy liquid flow on to the panty but on the lower side of it. So main concern is, she is not Down yet. So what is it? Will be any chance of her getting pregnant?
I am 18 years old I am. Masturbating since when I was 15 years and at that time I masturbate a lot so now I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and night fall what should do I recover my erection back and prevent nightfall.
Sir/madam, my age is 28 years. For the last 2-3 weeks I'm unable to sleep properly. I feel over thinking is my problem, my question is whether my problem can be cured by psychiatric techniques i.e. May be something like hypnotizing as we watch in some movies. Please answer to my question. THANKING YOU SIR/MADAM.
I can't sleep I just repeat whole day at 12 am to 2 am night nd just not able to sleep I feel more headache in morning and afternoon at office What should I do please help me.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.