Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Management of Smoking Cessation
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Wilson's Disease Treatment
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Submit a review for Chaitanya HospitalYour feedback matters!
Vitamins are essential micronutrients which the body requires, though in small amounts, for optimal health. These chemicals play a crucial role in keeping our body healthy and disease free.One such vitamin is vitamin K, which is essential for optimal blood clotting process, and also has multiple other benefits. More details about the functions, benefits and sources are listed below.
- Vitamin K is actually a group of vitamins and has K1, K2, and K3. The functions and benefits accordingly will depend on the actual chemical being referred to.
- These are fat soluble vitamins and therefore absorption is better when something fatty is eaten along with it
- Vitamin K1 or phyloquilline reaches the liver and is essential for blood clotting. Reduced levels of vitamin K can lead to uncontrolled bleeding, but this is very rare in adults. Newborns can have this problem, and therefore, it is common to give them a one shot of vitamin K injection.
- Vitamin K2 is produced by gut bacteria and reaches blood vessel walls and bones. It prevents hardening and calcification of arteries, which is the main cause of heart disease.
- It helps in improving calcium and other mineral concentration in the bones and makes the matrix strong. It can be used in osteoporosis to reverse and control bone loss. It can also be used to heal fractured bones.
- It slows the growth of cancer cells and can be used to stabilise cancer. It has been shown to improve multiple forms including hepatocellular, prostate, colon, and oral cancer.
- It is beneficial in controlling Alzheimer’s disease and improves memory loss in ageing people
- It improves insulin action and therefore prolongs onset of type 2 diabetes
- It has been shown to have antioxidant properties (as most other vitamins) and also helps in reducing toxin buildup
- It is good for skin health and can help control bruising and dermatitis
Vitamin K is found naturally in many foods and the daily dose required for an adult is about 120 to 150 mcg/day. Therefore supplementation is usually not required.
Leafy green vegetables including spinach, okra, cabbage, beans broccoli, and asparagus
- Fermented foods like yoghurt
- Soybean in all forms including medium cooked as well and Japanese diet uses boiled, fermented soybean called natto, which contains tremendous amount of vitamin K
- Nuts, such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, are a good source
- Strawberries, grapes, prunes, and apples
- Seafood such as salmon and shrimp contain good amount to control heart attack and stroke.
- Meat (duck, beef, chicken, and lamb)
Supplements are to be avoided, especially in pregnant and/or nursing mothers and people with a history of stroke, heart disease, heart attack and blood clotting problems.
1.What natural remedies can we use to remove Dandruff? 2. Is it true that mouthwash can be used to remove Dandruff?
I have nightfall problem. It occur regularly between 7 to 10 days. I'm not married. It's occur DT night when I chat with a girl or when I drink milk before sleep. Is it a serious problem or is it routine. What can I do to stop this. Pls give me your valuable suggestion. My age is 26 years.
coconut oil is good for penis enlargement n stamina purpose? N sometimes testis gets pain d left one. N size of testis getting small. Should I consult urology doctor?
As I understand that I can't take Viagra due to HTN, and was advised for Ayurvedic alternative, I want to which Ayurveda drug I should take & in what proportion AND Does this will have side effects. Presently, I am on BP drug. My Libido is weak and get exhausted early.
Hi, my daughter is 9 months old and she is every time suffering from fever and sardi khansi even every one and two months she has fever and sardi and khansi I visited doctors many times but a doctors told me she is okay but why she has like that.
I am 19 years old. While taking deep breathe, I feel little pain in the right side chest/right side lungs. What is the reason?
All women have two ovaries located on either side of the uterus. They are fundamental for the process of child birth. However ovarian cysts have emerged as major problems which most women suffer from. In this, small pockets filled with fluids develop on the surface or within the ovaries. Though they are generally harmless, often times disappearing without any treatment, they do have the potential to create complications during child birth. Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and the quantity of the cysts.
Some of the treatments available are-
1. Patience and a careful watch
In case medical examinations reveal tiny cysts, patience can be the key word. If you did not suffer from perceptible symptoms and the cysts were revealed only through tests, you must follow it with regular visits to the doctor. Few medications and regular ultrasound examinations are all you need in such a case.
Birth control pills or contraceptives may be sometimes prescribed to you as possible medications to treat the cysts. Regular administering of these medicines deters the possibility of further development of cysts. They also benefit greatly in reducing the possibilities of suffering from ovarian cancer in the future.
In case the tests reveal large cysts, operations or surgical removal of them may be the only possible solution. Operations are generally suggested if the cysts have persisted for a long time and are accompanied by terrible pain in the lower abdomen.
4. Ovarian cystectomy
This is performed when the ovaries are kept intact and only the cysts are carefully removed.
In this form of surgery, only the ovary that is affected with the cysts is removed, while the other is kept intact. Both the ovaries might also have to be surgically removed if they are found to be affected.
6. Hysterectomy and subsequent removal of fallopian tubes and uterus
This is done when the cysts developed have the potential of becoming cancer us. In such a situation, an extreme measure is adopted with the complete removal of the ovaries along with the uterus and fallopian tubes. This is done in order to prevent the subsequent spreading of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello sir, I can't eat Anything too much and I have do not clear my motion every morning till 4-5 Please help me.
I have erection problems in my penis. While playing cricket the ball headed my penis. I take few times to erect. And erection was not strong. But ejaculation happen correct.
Hello doctor I am a 26 years old girl. I'm employed now and will b getting married till end of this year. I was facing pcos problem last year. Being a girl with irregular period for 6 +years and little overweight. Bt now from past 1 year I have lost nearly 4kgsweight and having regular period bt irregular date. My question is that whether I'll face any problems for conceiving. Will pcos effect my fertility now. Please guide me.
I have skin problem in my foot fingers and hand fingers. It always occasionally comes in start of summer. During summer skin become shrink and pimple growing on my fingers. And skin becoming crack and bleeding from some areas. Can you suggest me what can I do?
Best anti dandruff shampoo that available in all medical store. I have lots of dandruff in my scalp. Is keto z a good option to use.
Does masturbation affect height I am 16 years old boy and doing masturbation since I was 13 I have grown only 17 cm from 13 years to 16 years.
I am undergone total hip replacement. Which exercise I shud follow to get back to normal life .what precautions I have to take. I feel little numbness around ankle area. Please advice.
I have sex yesterday night. Today in the morning, I found red dots on the top and inner side of my penis. There is swelling also. No irritation. No pain. Sometimes having itching. What should I do. Should I stop doing sex. It's any infection?
The answer is unfortunately. Yes!
Meningitis, sometimes referred as spinal meningitis, is an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Usually caused by a viral infection, but it can also be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection.
Among pediatric patients admitted for treatment of sinusitis, 3.2% were found to have an intracranial complication. Infection of the sphenoid sinuses, however, merits concern. These thin-walled sinuses develop late in childhood, and their deep location places them adjacent to the dura mater and other critical structures.
Sphenoid sinusitis is identified in approximately 3% of cases of acute sinusitis, typically in the context of pansinusitis. Significant development of the sphenoid sinuses does not begin until age 4 to 6 years, thus, sphenoid sinusitis is restricted.
Viral infection causes most cases of spinal meningitis. Viral meningitis is usually mild and heals without treatment. Bacterial meningitis is more severe and requires treatment with antibiotics. Streptococcus pneumoniae and neisseria meningitidis are strains of bacteria that cause pneumococcus and meningococcus meningitis respectively.
It can be life threatening condition owing to its proximity to brain and spinal cord and infective media is the fluid surrounding them.
• Lumbur puncture – csf examination (cell count, glucose, proteins) and culture
• Blood culture
• Chest x ray
• CT scan of head and nose – pns
• MRI brain
Symptom checker in meningitis secondary to sinusitis:
• Fever (92%)
• Headache (85%)
• Nausea, vomiting (62%)
• Altered consciousness (31%)
• Seizure (31%)
• Hemiparesis (23%)
• Visual disturbance (23%)
• Meningismus (23%)
Conclusion and quick pearls:
• Complications that are less common with antibiotics
• Orbital (cellulitis, abscess)
• Intracranial (subdural empyema, thrombosis of cavernous sinus)
• Bony osteomyelitis.
• Can result in drastic sequelae
• Drain abscess and open involved sinuses
• Ent surgical involvement – functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Usually amenable with medical treatment
- Drain sinuses if no improvement after 48 hours
• Ophthalmology check up
• Neurosurgery intervention
A low index of suspicion is necessary for early diagnosis and treatment of sphenoid sinusitis, orbital complications and prevention of intracranial complications including meningitis.