Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrashekhar Wahegaokar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrashekhar WahegaokarYour feedback matters!
I use these prescribed medication for my acne. I apply the Retino a micro for first time on my face without any irritation. If I use it every night can it make my skin irritated after a week? Is it true or not?
Loss of hair from the scalp, one of the most common problems plaguing the world today, can be caused by a variety of factors such as genetics, disorders and environmental factors. There are a number of homeopathic treatments that are used to treat hair loss. These treatments focus on the cause of the disease rather than just treating the symptoms.
Hair loss can be classified as:
- Telogen effluvium: This is a disorder of the hair growth cycle where the telogen phase (where the hair falls out) becomes dominant.
- Alopecia aorta: This is an autoimmune disorder where the immune cells of the body destroy the hair. Hair loss tends to occur in patches.
- Androgenic alopecia: This type of disorder is caused by hormonal and genetic factors resulting in a receding hairline.
The various homeopathic treatments for hair loss are:
- Silica: Silica is used to treat a number of diseases in homeopathy. Besides being an effective remedy for hair loss, it also treats symptoms of vitiligo, nail problems and eczema.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus is another homeopathic treatment that is used to treat hair loss. It promotes hair growth in spots where hair loss has occurred.
- Kaliumcarbonicum: This treatment is used for brittle and thinning of hair, as it enhances hair growth. It is usually recommended for people with various forms of alopecia.
- Lycopodium:This treatment is prescribed for people who suffer from premature balding. It is also recommended for pregnant women if they suffer from hair loss.
- Natrummuriaticum: This homeopathic remedy is made from sodium chloride and is used to treat hair problems resulting from skin complications. It is also recommended for women who face hair loss from menstrual problems. It treats dandruff and hair disorders due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulfur: Sulfur is an excellent homeopathic remedy to treat hair loss as it promotes hair growth. It also eliminates dandruff from the scalp.
Related Tip: "5 Ways to Deal With Hair Loss"
Hair fall is one of the most common problems encountered by people all over the world. Stress is inevitable on seeing a couple of hair strands from our pillow, study table, drainage in bathroom and what not. Many reasons (including social) makes us visit places, such as Barber shops / Parlours / Friends and Dermatologists.
Hairfall has multiple reasons to its credit:
Hereditary: Genes are to be blamed (usually) for hair fall in maximum number of cases i.e the ‘Family Tree’. Anyone with Hairfall from our Father/Mother’s side can explain the same in our case.
Diet: Anything except Fruits and Vegetables (of course the Junk Food) in the diet can be a reason for our malnourished hairs and hair fall. High protein diet is beneficial in most of the cases.
Sleep: Regular sleeping habits can reduce the frequency of hair fall.
Stress: Subconcious stress is one of the major reasons for not only Hairfall but also many common illnesses encountered in our day to day life. Try YOGA, avoid Stress.
Parlour Procedures: We do an irreversible damage by treating our hairs with harsh chemicals/ Hair dryer. Please avoid.
Hard water: If your tap gives you a fluoride/hard/boring water for bathing, its time to switch to a treated water.
Medications: Excessive, unnecessary medications for some other diseases may also make your hairs to fall.
Smoking: Avoid any kind of habit to restore your hair health.
Dandruff: Hair oil application (usually) increases the dandruff of the scalp which leads to hairfall. Avoid doing so.
Google Gyan: You may actually harm yourself by following the Tips on Google (which usually are devoid of any scientific proof).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!