Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lomi
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. LomiYour feedback matters!
Am experiencing severe pain tenderness in left hand thumb some times in index finger also. Sometimes the thumb only becomes cold. And its feeling like someone chopping inside my thumb the pain is like this.
I am 65 years old male with blood pressure and diabetes, I am having un easy irritation unfriendly in nature, not actually pain but uncomfortable sursurahat, in hindi we can say uneasy gudguddi in legs which doesn't allow me to sleep sometimes in left leg and in right leg or sometimes simultaneously. I can't explain the situation which makes my legs un bearable un easyness not pain as it doesn't allow me to sleep and my legs always I have to beat or rub on muscles or heat it with warm water, I have been doing all sort of leg exercise also and taking medicines for vitamin d and magnesium. Please suggest as it a long problem from last 20 years but since last 1 year it has made me uncomfortable in having sleep at night time and help me out of this situation please. Me. I am taking medicine pramipex 0.125 mg -3 nos and duzela 30 mg -1 no. At night respectively.
Biceps tendon tear at the shoulder
Tendons attach muscles to bones. Your biceps tendons attach the biceps muscle to bones in the shoulder and in the elbow. If you tear the biceps tendon at the shoulder, you may lose some strength in your arm and have pain when you forcefully turn your arm from palm down to palm up.Many people can still function with a biceps tendon tear, and only need simple treatments to relieve symptoms. If symptoms cannot be relieved by nonsurgical treatments, or if a patient requires complete recovery of strength, surgery to repair the torn tendor may be required.
- Sudden, sharp pain in the upper armsometimes an audible pop or snap
- Cramping of the biceps muscle with strenuous use of the armbruising from the middle of the upper arm down toward the elbow
- Pain or tenderness at the shoulder and the elbow
- Weakness in the shoulder and the elbow
- Difficulty turning the arm palm up or palm downbecause a torn tendon can no longer keep the biceps muscle tight,
- A bulge in the upper arm above the elbow (" popeye muscle") may appear, with a dent closer to the shoulder.
I am a 50 years old person, I have been suffering with the entire spinal cord pain since a long time, I do yoga" dhanurasana, pabanmukta sana, shalavasana and ardhya chakrasana every day, though I am not getting any relief, please advise me what to do?
Hello doctor, My problems: Severe Bronchial asthma, sports injuries. Acl injury, wrist injuries, low back pain, Psychic illnesses like schizophrenia, personality disorder, Low self esteem, etc.I need immediate surgery for the above mentioned sports injuries, orthopedic doctor has told. I need treatment for the above mentioned psychic problems. I'm from a middle class family. All these problems requires a lot of money. Money is the biggest problems for us. We can save more that 10k per month, but that isn't enough, doctors said since all these problems requires immediate attention. So I have decided to go to a government hospital or a medical college hospital. Is this a right move? If so please recommend some good medical college hospitals/medical college hospitals in Tamil nadu/ Karnataka. I'm very depressed due to this. My mind is killing me in all thousand ways that it could. Please help me
I have fracture in my foot.? but I dont take plaster these days. Now my foot is paining hard. What can I do?
Cervical osteoarthritis is also known as cervical spondylosis. It is a medical condition which involves changes in the joints of neck, bones and discs. This is generally caused due to the deterioration of the muscles owing to old age. With age, the cervical spine breaks down and loses all its fluids. This leads to stiffness in the spine. It occurs usually in middle aged and old aged people. This causes stiffness and severe neck pain. Corrective surgery is helpful to cure Cervical Osteoarthritis.
Symptoms of Cervical Osteoarthritis:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Headache which usually emerges from the neck.
- Severe pain in the arms and shoulder.
- Not being able to turn the head or neck fully while driving.
- Muscle spasm and abnormal reflexes.
- Grinding sensation or noise caused while bending the neck.
Cervical Osteoarthritis can be cured by physiotherapy in the following ways:
- Heat modalities- In this method the pain and stiffness is reduced by putting heat on the affected area. This type of therapy is called heat therapy.
- Neck exercise- Regular stretching and bending exercises for the neck can reduce pain and stiffness
- Manipulating therapy- This form of therapy is used by massage therapists. They massage and manipulate the joints so that the muscles can function smoothly.
- Hydrotherapy- This therapy involves exercising in a pool. Hydrotherapy is extremely beneficial for people having severe joint pain and stiffness.
- Cervical traction- This is a common non-surgical treatment which cures pain in the neck by opening the cervical foramen (hole or passage).
Physiotherapy is the most natural and safe way of curing cervical osteoarthritis. If you are diagnosed with cervical spondylosis, you should start physiotherapy as soon as possible.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!