Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. F F WadiaYour feedback matters!
Undergoing the ultrasound of USG KUB-P the report says" large broad neck posterior bladder diverticula" noted measuring 8.0x12x5.0cm. Whatis the remedy.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
My girlfriend blood in urine in female after having an intercourse with me, she blended only once now she has just pain, what should be the reason for pain, please help me please I am very much afraid abt this thing.
Dear sir I am suffering pain bcz in my kidney 2 stone 1st stone 2.9 mm and 2nd stone 2.7 mm and present time I am take medicine but pain not finish and get so pain but pain what I can do please help me sir.
My friend has 2.8 cratanin. It is above normal level for a man. What diet (vegetarian) do you suggest for him? what fruits & vegetables should he eat? what juices he may take? how much total intake of liquids is permissible to him in a day?
My wife is 60 yrs old and suffering from type-2 diabetic for last 6yrs. Now she had uti problem along with increased sugar. When uti was cured she had blood sugar of 370 (PP) in spite of taking oral medicines. Then Doctor had prescribed to take insulin dosages 2 times per day along with previous medicines. Within 7 days sugar level has come down to 140 (pre-meal. Now my questions are: 1. Is insulin to be taken permanently? We want to replace insulin by oral medicines. Is it possible? She is mentally and physically very very weak and disturbed. Is it due to sugar problem or may be for taking heavy antibiotics for uti treatment? Is it required to treat it separately by doctor other than diabetic specialist? if yes then which specialist department to be visited? Please help me with your valuable advises.
My father is 56 years of age and he is suffering from ckd hand also has heart problem with ef: 30. He is a diabetic. He is a high bp patient but now he has low bp. He is undergoing dialysis alternate days. Distinction of stomach is frequently occuring which is diagnosed using acetic tapping. He is suffering alot. Please help me.
I was so exited during intercourse and done very satisfactorily. After intercourse I gone to washroom, I found blood cots in urine. Is there any emergency?
I'm 23 years male. I used to pass urine in red color once in every 2days in the morning. I have seen that 3times and I went to Urologist he have advised me to undergo three tests like xray kub ultrasound kub blood creatinine and urine complete analysis tests he found nothing in tests all came normal and he referred me to a nephrologist and he advised me to undergo 6tests for urine and blood and all tests came normal and he advised me to use two tablets for one month q ten (coenzyme, I carnitine, vitamin e) and clear nu (acetylcysteine & taurine) from the next day my urine is passing in white and in the morning it's yellow may be due to Q10 tablet. But some times middle of the day it is allow. Not all the times. Only few times it is yellow. What does it mean. I'm I alright? I'm feeling alright no fever no tiredness. But small pinching type feeling at back. It has been 6days since I'm using tablets. Is my doctor hiding anything from me? Please help.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which causes loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson's disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as these boost the strength of your pelvic muscles. You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in preventing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
- There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking of an enlarged prostate may also be used in some cases.
Surgery is the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options include a male sling for urinary incontinence. A type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. Leaks because of coughing, sneezing or laughing are prevented. Artificial sphincter implants may also be used for treatment of urinary incontinence. A cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor.
Urinary incontinence is a condition which causes reduced self confidence in men. But there are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
hello doctor I am having kidney stone so can you please tell me that is there any alternative to operations, because I can't afford dat.
Can contracted gallbladder be reversed? I have shrunk gallbladder with no pain but can not digest sweets, non veg or heavy food. Right now on strict plain diet without any dairy products.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!