Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh VattsYour feedback matters!
Hi I wanna know one thing and that is. Is there any hope of complete recovery from mental illness like :-bipolar disorder and schizophrenia etc (in future or not)
Everyone gets worried and anxious now and then. However, for some people, anxiety is a constant companion, which is not at all normal. Anxiety disorders can interfere with your day to day life and should be treated as a mental illness. Anxiety disorders can be treated as long as they are diagnosed early enough.
There are many types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Panic disorders: Frequent panic attacks that make a person sweat excessively, have palpitations and feel as though they were choking are characteristic signs of panic disorders. People suffering from this disorder may equate their experience to that of having a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder: This is also known as social phobia. Patients suffering from this disorder are extremely self-conscious in social situations and constantly worry about how they are perceived by others. This makes them seem very quiet and introverted.
- Generalised anxiety disorder: Some people can have anxiety attacks even without a trigger factor. In such cases, they are said to be suffering from generalised anxiety disorder. This condition is marked by unrealistic worries and tensions.
- Phobias: Phobias of fear of specific situations or objects are another common type of anxiety disorder. Depending on the severity of the phobia, it can affect the daily lifestyle of a person. For example, a person with a fear of heights may not be able to go to work if his office is on the 10th floor of a building.
Some of the characteristic symptoms of anxiety disorders are:
- Panic attacks
- Sweaty palms or feet
- Shortness of breath
Though the exact cause of anxiety is not known, exposure to stress and surroundings of a person play an important role in triggering this condition. Chronic stress can reprogram nerve connections that regulate emotional responses in the brain. Anxiety disorders may also be passed on from parent to child genetically.
- Anxiety disorders cannot be prevented, but they can be treated and managed through medication and psychotherapy. The exact course of treatment depends on the type of anxiety disorder being treated.
- Antidepressants, anticonvulsant medication and antipsychotics are often used to reduce the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Using a combination of psychotherapy and cognitive behavioural therapy, the patient may be taught how to recognise thought patterns and triggers that cause anxiety and how to deal with them.
- Meditation and other forms of relaxation therapy can also help calm a person down during an anxiety attack. Further, making a few lifestyle changes that limit exposure to stress can help manage anxiety resulting from it.