Doctors in Lifeline Group of Hospitals
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety
Laser Hair Removal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Skin Care Treatment
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Treatment of Knee replacement
Submit a review for Lifeline Group of HospitalsYour feedback matters!
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterise the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental Stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
Here are some natural Ayurvedic home remedies, which are helpful for psoriasis patients:
- Cover the affected part with a banana leaf to fade the reddish patches.
- Soak 15 sesame seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it early morning on an empty stomach.
- Consume half a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning for 5-6 months.
For more information, you can visit a professional Ayurvedic practitioner.
Hair growth is a natural process that can also take place with assisted treatments. There are quite a few solutions and treatments available. Quite a lot of these are fads while some can be genuine. Homeopathy is an option which is effective for regrowth of hair and curing baldness. This is often the last stop of treatment for people who have failed at restoring their previous state of hair. These are a few well known remedies that homeopathy prescribes for baldness.
- Silicea: It is very commonly used and is processed from sandstones and human tissues. It strengthens the hair and reduces dryness by giving essential nourishment to the hair follicles. It is a very good growth enhancer.
- Kalium Carbonicum: It is made from compounds which the Egyptians used in glass preparation and is another effective homeopathic medicine. It stops the thinning of hair and reduces its brittleness as well. This in turn increases hair growth.
- Lycopodium: Premature baldness shows a dramatically marked response on the use of this miracle homeopathic drug. Women suffering from post-partum hair loss also benefit a lot from using Lycopodium. It is formed from the distillation of evergreen plant spores, such as club moss.
- Natrum Muriaticum: Table salt (sodium chloride) is used to prepare this homeopathic medicine. Natrum Muriaticum is especially beneficial when dry crusts form on the scalp and dandruff is the primary reason for hair loss. It even helps when hair fall is triggered by menstrual problems or any skin disorder. This homeopathic remedy is also effective in treating hormonal imbalance related hair loss. Emotional and sensitive people are generally prescribed this drug by their homeopath.
- Phosphorous: Another tried and tested hair growth enhancer is phosphorous. People who have baldness in patches and lose hair in clumps are benefitted by this homeopathic medicine. People who suffer from minor scalp ailments or those who lose hair due to excess dandruff are also prescribed this drug by their homeopath.
- Kalium Sulphuricum: Hair loss due to flaky dandruff is treated with Kalium Sulphuricum and it is available in tablet and liquid form. It contains some amounts of sulphur and hence shouldn’t be over used. It is generally prescribed for twice a day application. Generally it isn’t recommended in excess and its use should be stopped after two weeks.
A panic attack is the result of a sudden enormous burst of fear and anxiety. The heart tends to beat faster and breathing becomes difficult. A person gets a feeling of going crazy and dries up. If the treatment is not taken on time, this condition can aggravate to panic disorder and such other problems. It is totally curable if the symptoms are addressed properly.
Symptoms of panic disorder:
Panic attacks can lead someone to panic in any place. It takes only 10 minutes to reach its peak and typically lasts for 25-20 minutes. A patient is a prime candidate of a panic disorder if he frequently suffers from the following symptoms:
- The discomfort of the chest
- Profound sweating
- Fear of losing control of life
- Feeling of detachment from the surrounding
- A choked feeling
- Heart palpitation
- Sudden cold flashes and tingling sensation
Apart from the above symptoms, if a patient suffers from anxiety in between panic attacks in anticipation of another panic attacks, he could be suffering from panic disorders. it is often witnessed that patients suffering from panic disorder avoid certain situations and places.
What causes panic disorder?
Panic disorder results from frequent panic attacks and the cause of the latter are not very clear. It is believed that certain life transitions such as divorce, getting married, acute stress, the death of loved one can result in panic attacks. A person has higher chances of getting this disease if it runs in the family. Some medical conditions that can cause panic disorder are hyperthyroidism, use of stimulants such as cocaine, caffeine and mitral valve prolapse.
How it can be treated?
- Behavioral treatment: Cognitive behavioral therapy is widely considered as one of the effective treatments for panic attacks. This form of treatment effectively focuses on thinking patterns and behavior that triggers panic attacks. It helps you to look at your apprehensions in a better light. Another method of treatment for panic disorder is called exposure therapy. This method exposes a patient sensation of panic in a controlled environment. The trick is to deal with it in a much better way. For instance, you might be asked to cross the road. When you successfully manage to do it without getting crashed, you are less likely to panic in foreseeable future.
- Medication Treatment: Medication can address the problem temporarily, but is not a good solution for long term. Certain medication such as antidepressants and Benzodiazepines are prescribed by doctors with time duration of every 1-2 hours. These are anti-anxiety drugs and gives immediate relief from panic attacks. However, it should be ensured that these medicines are only consumed once a doctor prescribes it.
- What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc.
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware, but regular activities—like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep—can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments. Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. Besides all these possibilities, most people put the blame on their discs for back pain.
The human spine is composed of 24 bony vertebrae. These are placed one on top of the other. There is a thin intervertebral disc between each vertebrae. These discs look like jam doughnuts. They are made up of a hard outer shell known as the annulus fibrosis. They have a soft, jelly-like inner core known as the nucleus pulposus. They are shock absorbers.
What Happens To The Discs When An Injury Occurs?
The jelly-like softcore in the discs can often get shifted as a result of the accident or injury. Thus, the discs become a reason behind back pain. The pain could be due to the problems with the disc while carrying out tasks like —
Symptoms Of Disc-Related Pain:
Symptoms tend to vary due to the nature of the injury and the damage caused. However, some common symptoms have been listed below:
Localised back pain
Pain in thighs, lower legs and feet
Numbness or muscular weakness
It is best to consult a doctor to know about the treatment needed for back pain related to disc. Initial treatment after detection of the problem includes the following ways:
Intake of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medication.
Application of heat and ice packs.
Home exercise program as suggested by the doctor.
Practicing of core and lumbar strengthening exercises.
One must stop movements that aggravate the pain and don’t take difficult physical activities. You must take adequate rest to set things right.
Do You Need Any Surgery?
It is not always needed for all disc related problems. Most issues with the disc vanish after a week. Surgery is sought only after nonsurgical treatments prove useless. The decision must be taken by a doctor.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes from your home. So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day.
Here are 5 tips to instantly reduce your anxiety:
1. Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
2. Deep Breathing: A 5 minute breathing regime is a sure shot to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
3. Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is nice way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
4. Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off from the symptoms. In case of a panic attack you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
5. Trick your Anxious Thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay. There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away. There are:
a. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
b. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually affirmations are made to comfort one.
c. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack.
There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it.
Depression is a serious yet common mental health problem that can affect all age groups ranging from young children to the elderly. It is found to be more common among women when compared to men. It can take a toll over one’s peace of mind, physical health, interpersonal relationships as well as job performance (or academic performance). What is deceiving is, the person can also be functioning well, in which case, it can go unnoticed, leading to grave consequences. The good news is that depression is treatable and individuals are able to function much better with treatment. Affected individuals feel sad most of the time. He/she loses the ability to enjoy/be happy.
As a result of this, the daily activities that he/she participates in do not seem to appeal to him/her anymore. This is especially true in the case of socialising. The affected person will just seem to drop out of social circles. This can be said to be ironic because it is times like these when the individual with depression is in need of friends the most!
The individual seems to have an overriding belief that the status quo will not be altered by anything and he or she will be stuck in a rut in perpetuity. In other words, depressed people experience a perennial feeling of helplessness. Negative thoughts can also drive one to commit suicide.
A lot of people who have depression tend to experience a loss of energy. As a matter of fact, this is quite the case with men who enter a phase of depression, as the symptoms which are displayed by them can contrast sharply to those displayed by women. One of the reasons for men tending to report a higher chance of this than women is the fact that they are less likely to express feelings of self loathing. Rather, they usually talk about sleep problems and a loss of interest in things that once they might have found to be interesting or even captivating. They also gradually get quite irritable.
When it comes to women, guilt is quite likely to be felt. They may also sleep a lot longer than what is considered to be normal. Eating habits are a better indication of the presence or absence of depression than most people would realise. Overeating is one of the prime signs, especially in the case of women who are depressed. This leads to them putting on weight, as the rise in the intake of food is compounded by a drop in the amount of healthy physical activity. On the other hand, many may also experience loss of appetite, which over a period of time can even lead to weight loss. Some women who are depressed also complain of aches and pains in the body.
A few individuals who are depressed also complain of weird experiences, like being able to hear voices calling out to them, abusing them in dirty language, asking them to hurt themselves (hallucinations). Some may be found to be extremely suspicious about people around them.
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne.
The way we sit, walk, bend or stand is hugely dependent on one very vital organ of the human body; the spine. The spinal column provides strength and support to your entire framework. It has nerves, muscles, bones and tendons; all of which enhance proper functioning of your body. The human brain sends signals to the nerves in your spinal cord- a mass of nerve fibers and tissues ensconced within the spine- that further prompts every single part of your body to perform minute and notable actions all the same. A spine injury can thus impair your health; in many cases it can even turn out as fatal. Care should be taken to avoid sources of spine shock or injury. If an injury has already been acquired, it should be treated either through exercising or through medical assistance.
A few postures to reap the benefits of a fit spine:-
1. Twist your spine either early in the morning or after a tiring day
Fold one leg while the other leg remains perched on the folded one. If the left leg is folded the left elbow should be rested on your perched right knee and the right palm should be placed on the yoga mat behind your right hip. This posture can be repeated by folding the right leg as well. It increases spine mobility by twisting it to the end of its range sideways. Muscular spine aches can be remedied by following this posture once each day.
2. Do not slouch but sit straight
Some people are in the habit of slouching when they sit or stand. This is an absolutely wrong thing to do if your spine health is of any concern to you. Stretch out your shoulder blades and remain erect while standing and the same should be followed while sitting. Bending one's spine, unless it is necessary, can be very harmful.
3. Stretch your spine in three directions
This exercise is a good way to allay the tension your spine has to undergo every day. Sit with folded legs, intertwine your fingers and stretch your arms upward, in front and at the back to expand your spine to the full.
4. The downward doggy posture can relieve back pain
In this yoga posture, one is expected to stretch his or her legs according to the width of the person's back and stoop forward by placing the palms on a yoga mat. Knees and elbows should not bend.
Are you unhappy with the results of shaving, waxing or tweezing for removing the unwanted hair from your body? You should opt for laser hair reduction for this purpose, which is considered to be much more effective than the regular methods. Laser hair reduction is a very common cosmetic procedure which is undertaken popularly.
It involves the exposure of your body hair follicles to beams of highly concentrated laser light. The pigments present in your follicles absorb this light, which results in the destruction of the hair.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal-
Lasers are quite effective in reducing unwanted hair from areas such as the legs, face, arms, underarms and other different body parts. The various benefits of laser hair reduction include the following:
Precision: Lasers can target dark, coarse hairs selectively without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
Speed: Every pulse of laser takes less than a fraction of a second, during which many hairs are treated together. The laser is capable of treating an area which is the size of a quarter within a second. Areas such as the upper lips take less than one minute to be treated, while large areas may require an hour.
Predictability: The results of laser hair reduction are highly predictable and most people get to have permanent hair loss after undertaking three to seven treatment sessions.
Your hair, which will get treated is usually trimmed to a few millimeters above your skin surface. The laser device is adjusted according to your hair colour, thickness and location.
You will be made to wear proper eye protection, depending on the type of laser being used. The outer layers of your skin are also protected using a cold gel or a cooling device. This helps the laser to penetrate your skin. After this, a full pulse light is exposed to the area concerned. After completion of the process, you will be given ice packs, cold water and anti-inflammatory creams for easing any discomfort you feel.
For a few days after a laser hair reduction session, your treated skin area may look and feel like a sunburn. You need to apply moisturisers for healing. You can wear make-up if the treatment has been undertaken on your skin. The treated hair falls out within the next month. You should wear sunscreen for preventing colour changes on your treated skin area. In people with a dark complexion, blisters are sometimes likely.