Critical Care Procedures
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kidney Stones Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Egg Donation Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Earlobe Repairs Procedure
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Earlobe Correction Procedure
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Schizophrenia is a disease of the mind that is usually degenerative in nature. The complex disorder is generally characterized by symptoms, such as delusions, hallucinations (both auditory and visual) and disturbances in speech and is usually chronic in nature. The symptoms are not regular and can appear at any point of time. So it is highly possible that a person suffering from schizophrenia may sometimes bear resemblance to any other normal person and all of a sudden, might exhibit symptoms typical of Schizophrenia.
The causes of Schizophrenia include:
- Brain Dysfunction: Abnormalities in the cerebral cortex (the cerebrum’s outer covering that is vital in regulating consciousness) of the brain is the most common cause of this disorder. This is due to the presence of abnormally enlarged ventricles in that region. The decreased brain size owing to the enlarged ventricles is often related to the hallucinations and delusions experienced by schizophrenics.
- Genetic Factors: Studies have also stated ‘genetics’ to be an important cause behind this disorder. Closer the family ties, higher the risks of transmitting the disorder.
- Biochemical Factors: More than one neurotransmitter is being targeted by recent drugs to control schizophrenia.
Symptoms which most people do not experience normally, but are found in people diagnosed with schizophrenia are said to be positive symptoms. They are:
- Hallucinations: These are sensory experiences of things that do not exist outside the mind. Hallucinations usually manifest in the form of auditory or visual images.
- Delusions: Delusions on the other hand are false beliefs one has about oneself. Delusions are of 3 major types:
- Grandeur: Wherein the person imagines himself to be a famous personality
- Persecution: The belief that somebody somewhere is plotting against you and the whole world is going to get you.
- Control: The belief that a larger force, let’s say a witch, a demon or even a duck for that matter is controlling your actions.
These positive symptoms generally respond well to medications.
In addition to this, schizophrenics think and speak differently than the rest of the society. They jump from idea to idea, lose track of speech mid-way and often speak in fragmented and haphazardly joined sentences. They are, in fact, unable to fix their attention on anything in particular.
Examples of the most common negative symptoms include:
- The flat effect: The individual basically shows no facial expression and always has a flat emotionless mask on while staring into space. At times, they have inappropriate reactions to situations. Example - they might laugh at somebody's death and cry ad get angry when something good happens.
- Avolition: This condition occurs when the individual just sit for hours doing nothing as well as behaves in a way lacking any motivation or enthusiasm.
Diabetes is a serious disease, but if properly managed is not life threatening. Diabetes can be explained as the body’s inability to regulate insulin production. This leads to fluctuations in blood sugar levels. This disease affects every part of the body including the skin. For some people, a rash is among the first few symptoms of diabetes. Most diabetic patients suffer from a skin condition at some point or the other. Here are a few common skin ailments that affect diabetic patients.
- Bacterial infections: A weakened immune system makes diabetics more vulnerable to bacterial infections than normal. These bacterial infections can be typically seen in the form of styles on the eyelid, boils, carbuncles and nail infections. They usually make the skin around the infected area red, inflamed and painful. Most skin bacterial skin ailments can be treated with antibiotic creams and pills.
- Fungal infections: One of the most common fungal infections that diabetic patients suffer from is known as Candida albicans. This ailment is characterised by a red, itchy rash that is surrounded by small blisters. It is caused by yeast-like fungus and usually found in moist areas like the armpits or between the toes. Other fungal infections that affect diabetic patients include ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot and vaginal yeast infections.
- Itchy skin: Diabetics often suffer from itchiness that could be triggered by yeast infections, dry skin and poor circulation. People with poor circulation will find their calves and feet to be the itchiest part of the body, While poor circulation and yeast infections may need medical attention, dry skin can be easily treated by keeping the skin internally and externally hydrated along with the use of a mild moisturising soap.
- Vitiligo: This is a skin condition where the melanin producing cells in the skin are destroyed. This leads to a patchy appearance that can be typically seen on the hands, face and chest. Vitiligo is considered to be an autoimmune disease like diabetes and has no known cause or cure. Sunscreen is a must for diabetic patients suffering from vitiligo as the unpigmented skin has no protection from UV radiation.
- Diabetic blisters: Patients with severe diabetes may also suffer from diabetic blisters. These blisters usually occur on the extremities of the body and resemble blisters caused by burns. They are usually pain-free and heal on their own.
- Disseminated granuloma annular: This condition is characterised by a ring or arc shaped areas on the skin. They can usually be seen on the fingers and ears but may also occur in the chest and abdomen. This rash may be reddish or skin coloured. Medical treatment is not generally required for this condition.
Dir, If I get cold then definitely I will get severe throat pain. Whats the reason, how can it be cured.
I want to know that if any person whose Lipid profile in Cholesterol Level is 201, Triglycerides 129, HDL Cholesterol 45, Cholesterol LDL 130, CHOL Ratio 4.5, LDL Ratio 2.9.
Multiple small calculi seen in bilateral. Kidneys. Largest measuring appx. 5.7 mm in wright middle calyx and 4 mm in left lower calyx. Right peripheral fascia is thikemed. Request advice for early treatment in ahmedabad .tks.
I suffer from depression for a long time, feel stressed most of the time with frequent bouts of severe panic. I have become very timid and withdrawn that I have been facing a diminishing financial profile, worsening relations and naturally a target of predatory minds many times. It is so debilitating that I can't finish my masters degree and totally dysfunctional that I couldn't do simple things let alone pursue a career and have a family. I was among the toppers in my school till plus two, highly motivated and popular with great expectations in my extended relations and friends for my talent including that in fine arts. I had to go through Meningitis subsequently along with demise of my Grandma who had been the pillar of strength after the sudden death of my mom. The events took a nose dive since then with education taking backseat and my failing to cope with peer pressure in education. I have severe aversion to food and disturbed sleep pattern which make the condition even worse. I have been on medication for the past 24 years, I think I became psychologically and physically dependant on those medicines with their adverse effects getting more potent by the day. I'm single with almost no close relatives and with very few friends need to know if there are any treatments with prognosis however little good it is? I am completely disenchanted with life and having ideas of suicide getting more frequent gaining strength by every passing momentThank you.
I'm suffering with continues or frequent urination. And every time I pee it's hard at starting after it flows freely. Sometimes when I keep it & even after I feel I like pee, I'm getting testicle pain. Nowadays suffering with erection problem, it's fall in less than 1 min. please help me.
46 years female having hypothyroidism frm last 10 yrs. In between took homeopathy treatment n once had allopathic medicine for 2 months. Now sometimes I feel tat my tongue swollen or enlarged n I feel like chocking. Asked abt this frm Doctor bt did nt satisfactory answer. Wt is this n y it is happening? Weight is nearly 80 kg, too much Hair fall, dry skin n high appetite with depressed looks. Wt to do.
My mother have BP of 130/90 and she can't sleep at night and her feet are so hot. What should we do to control that illness.
Hi I am 40 years old and I was having a mild depression for which I was taking the medicine pari cr .25 with one supplement for the last 1 years but gradually I stopped taking these medicine for the 7 to 8 months approx I was feeling perfectly ok but for the last three four days I am not feeling comfortable as again the fear is there in my mind or is it the anxiety I am not figuring it out and I don't want to start these medicines again can anybody suggest me some natural way to curb this feeling helpless pls suggest.
I am a 52 year old female. I have developed kidney stones since on year. A scan taken yesterday showed both kidneys have stones 2.5 to 3 mm. What must be my treatment.
I'm suffering from dry cough for the last three weeks and I also have chest pain whenever I cough hard! Despite being this! I'm also suffered from mild Dementia!
How can I improve my concentration power. Facts are not easily remberd by me. Smtm I even forget that what I hav read in morning.
Mom is having dry cough from past few years also chest pain due to cough can't sleep at night so what should be done.
I have persistent left frontal sinusitis. Few fess surgery have already been done indelhi. Including draft. Ll and standing. Latest ct there is a tuft of thickened mucosa in left frontalsinus only left all normal. Who is the best Dr. To consult and best ent centre Consultant india or new delhi. Pl.help.
I am 23 and these days my memory is getting very weak, I am not able to retain anything. I do lots of over thinking. I feel stress and very low. How to overcome this problem. Please help me out.
She is declared Major Depressive Disorder already she has a Thyroid patient. Sudden Anger happen always talk about death no more energy please help me out how can I treat her pls.
Hello Sir The age and height of my sister is 26 years and 5'6" respectively. Her weight is 87 kg .During dieting she faces the problem of low blood pressure. She tried some supplement like Herblife Shake with complete package for weight lose but again same problem of low blood pressure rises. What she have to do for weight lose. please suggest.
Know how Healthy diet will help you to avoid obesity and cancer