Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Anger Management Therapy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of H.I.V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Submit a review for Asian Heart HospitalYour feedback matters!
A heart transplant is an operation in which a failing, diseased heart is replaced with a healthier, donor heart. Heart transplant is a treatment that's usually reserved for people who have tried medications or other surgeries, but their conditions haven't sufficiently improved.
While a heart transplant is a major operation, your chance of survival is good, with appropriate follow-up care.
When faced with a decision about having a heart transplant, know what to expect of the heart transplant process, the surgery itself, potential risks and follow-up care.
Why it's done
Heart transplants are performed when other treatments for heart problems haven't worked, leading to heart failure. In adults, heart failure can be caused by several conditions, including:
- A weakening of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy)
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve disease
- A heart problem you're born with (congenital heart defect)
- Dangerous recurring abnormal heart rhythms (ventricular arrhythmias) not controlled by other treatments
- Failure of a previous heart transplant
- In children, heart failure is most often caused by either a congenital heart defect or a cardiomyopathy.
Another organ transplant may be performed at the same time as a heart transplant (multiorgan transplant) in people with certain conditions at select medical centers. Multiorgan transplants include:
- Heart-kidney transplant. This procedure may be an option for some people with kidney failure in addition to heart failure.
- Heart-liver transplant. This procedure may be an option for people with certain liver and heart conditions.
- Heart-lung transplant. Rarely, doctors may suggest this procedure for some people with severe lung and heart diseases, if the conditions aren't able to be treated by only a heart transplant or lung transplant.
Factors that may affect your eligibility for a heart transplant
A heart transplant isn't the right treatment for everyone. Certain factors may mean you're not a good candidate for a heart transplant. While each case is considered individually by a transplant center, a heart transplant may not be appropriate if you:
- Are an advanced age that would interfere with the ability to recover from transplant surgery
- Have another medical condition that could shorten your life, regardless of receiving a donor heart, such as a serious kidney, liver or lung disease
- Have an active infection
- Have a recent personal medical history of cancer
- Are unwilling or unable to make lifestyle changes necessary to keep your donor heart healthy, such as not drinking alcohol or not smoking
What happens after the transplant?
Most people leave hospital within about four weeks of the operation, but depending on your condition, you may need to stay in hospital for longer.
In the first few months after your surgery you will need to spend a lot of time visiting the hospital – you might even need to stay near the transplant centre. Your transplant team will talk to you about practical arrangements for after your surgery.
Although you will be weak after the operation, recovery can be very quick. It is important to build up your level of activity gradually. You should avoid activities involving lifting and pushing until your breastbone is fully healed, which can take up to three or four months.
Once you feel fit and able, you can start doing things like light vacuuming or light gardening.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.
A mental condition that takes shape during early childhood, Autism is identified by characteristics like difficulty in communication, the use of language, understanding abstract concepts and building bonds with other people. This brain development disorder is also characterized by the performance of repetitive behaviors in the affected individual.
Homeopathy approach in treating Autism
Diagnosis of the condition by a homeopath requires the adoption of an extensive and intensive approach. From collecting detailed information about symptoms like a reaction to vaccines, thermal sensitivities and medical history of the family to understanding sleep postures; treatment of this condition requires an understanding of every vital factor associated with the condition. The hardcore approach is vital for understanding the stimulus/response connection of symptoms. This is because whenever an autistic child undergoes stressful situations, the reaction is a sign that a homeopath cannot ignore. By completely understanding the cycle of stress and reaction, a homeopath can only be able to suggest the right treatment program.
What about the remedies prescribed for treating the condition?
Being a holistic branch of medicine, homeopathy takes into account the complete physical as well as the mental makeup of the individual. Additionally, in this alternative medicine, the homeopath also takes into consideration the details of the disease while recommending remedies. Remedies like Carcinocin, Secretin and Thuja are favored the most for treating the condition. At the same time, the appropriate remedies are recommended after having a thorough understanding as to whether the individual falls within the constitutional makeup of the remedies considered.
Another essential aspect of this branch of medicine in the treatment of this brain development disorder is the practice of using LM potencies (homeopathic medicines on the last scale of potencies). These remedies are not only acted faster but are also gentler compared to others. They have been found to be very effective in preventing the individual from falling prey to the old symptoms and can be frequently repeated as well as used for a long time.
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
The skin has the largest surface area and is most exposed to the external environment. This exposure causes a lot of wear and tear, and one of the worse complications including melanoma, which is a form of skin cancer. Read on to know about its causes, caution signs to stay alerted and how to take care of the skin.
The skin has cells known as melanocytes which give it the color. Generally, the more the number of melanocytes, the darker is the person’s complexion. This pigment is also present in skin, hair, nails, and eyes. The moles are skins are areas of higher concentration of these cells. Africans moles can be a precursor to melanoma, but not all moles turn to melanoma.
- Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun. Fair-skinned people are at greater risk than darker complexioned people. A single sunburn experience can also increase the risk of developing melanoma
- Use of tanning beds, especially in people below 30, ups the risk of melanoma. Indoor tanning beds is classified as having the highest record by WHO
- Family history
- Ethnicity, with Hispanics at the greatest risk and African-Americans at the least risk
- For those who have risk factors for developing melanoma, a monthly self-exam is advisable. A formal annual exam with a dermatologist is also advised. This will help in early identification of the condition and lead to early treatment and containment.
- Melanoma is not restricted to the skin, can also occur in feet, eyes, and scalp
- Use a mirror to check all over the body
- If you have moles, watch for change in their size, shape, and regularity. Any change should be immediately checked for.
- If you see any new irregularities on the skin anywhere, get medical attention.
- Any sore that has not healed
- Any swelling that is near the mole or has not regressed
- Change in sensation including itching or pain
- A quick way to remember is to check for ABCDE: Asymmetry of the lesion, irregularity of the borders, change in color, diameter greater than six mm, and speed of evolution. Watching for these can help in early diagnosis.
Melanoma is directly linked to sun exposure, and so reducing sun exposure and taking adequate precautions can help in prevention.
- Avoid or reduce exposure to sun
- Use sunscreen religiously. The SPF should be at least 30 and should be reapplied every two hours
- Use a hat or cap, sunglasses, and cover up when out in the sun
- Be extra careful when out on the beach or in the mountains
- Avoid sun if possible between 10AM to 4PM
- Use tan removal agents after a sun exposure
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Do you believe in all the facts about infertility which you hear around you, and which a lot of people believe in? Infertility is the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. There are various assumptions and perceptions of people regarding fertility, and many of them are not true. It is important for you to clear such myths and get the facts right.
Here is a list of the most common myths and facts associated with infertility in females:
1. Myth: A woman’s menstrual cycle lasts for 28 days.
Fact: A normal menstrual cycle lasts between 21 to 36 days. 28 days is an approximate estimate.
2. Myth: A woman can become pregnant only on day one of her cycle.
Fact: After the egg gets released, it is available for around 12 to 24 hours. However, a woman can get pregnant five days prior to and two days after the ovulation by having sexual intercourse.
3. Myth: Stress is a factor that leads to infertility.
Fact: Stress has nothing to do with causing infertility. Stress can only lead to some delay in ovulation by suppressing hormones.
3. Myth: Sperm can live for a few hours only.
Fact: Sperm can live for 5 to 6 days in fertile cervical liquid.
4. Myth: A woman must wait for three months for conceiving after stopping the use of birth control pills.
Fact: Birth control pills reduce hormone levels and cause suppressed ovulation. After having the pills, the hormone levels become normal instantly and ovulation is ought to begin during the next menstrual cycle.
5. Myth: Infertility is caused by females primarily.
Fact: According to studies, infertility problems occur in both men and women at an equal rate. 20% of infertility problems occur because of issues faced by both.
6. Myth: Ovulation takes place on the 14th day of the menstrual cycle.
Fact: This is not true, and for counting ovulation you should count 14 days backwards from the last day of your last menstrual cycle.
7. Myth: Having daily sex increases the chance of conception.
Fact: Having sex every other day during ovulation, especially between the 12th and the 16th day of a woman’s menstrual cycle is sufficient as sperm lives more than two days.
8. Myth: Fertility problems start showing at 35.
Fact: A woman reaches her peak fertility stage during her 20’s. Fertility keeps on changing all throughout her life. While some women remain fertile until their late 30’s, some experience problems at an early age. The chances of conceiving decline after attaining the age of 35.
Another common belief is that single embryo transfer lowers the success rate of pregnancy. This is baseless, as women have limited eggs. When they run out of eggs, menopause occurs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a mental illness. A patient suffering from BPD maintains unstable relationships with other people, shows inappropriate emotional reactions and possesses suicidal or self-harm tendencies. It is purely a personality disorder caused due to multiple factors. Patients suffering from BPD may find it difficult to stay alone. They fear abandonment and loneliness. Yet they have a tendency of showing mood swings, sudden emotional outburst or anger and hostility. This prevents them from having a long lasting relationship in life.
It usually starts affecting the patient's life from early adulthood. It however seems to improve with age. The patient also has distorted self-image. He or she is unclear about what they want from life or what they are in reality. Even minor incidents can trigger intense reactions in people with BPD.
Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
The signs of suffering from BPD are listed below:
- Intense and frantic effort to avoid abandonment or loneliness
- Unstable relationships with people and changing the attitude towards them drastically. It can change from being in immense love with each other to intense hatred.
- Developing paranoid thoughts and having dissociative feelings-The patient often lacks the feeling of self and suffers from identity crisis.
- Suicidal feelings and attempts
- Tendency to cause self harm or destruction by drug abuse, driving irresponsibly or be having unprotected sex
- Reflecting intense depression
- Chronic boredom
- Sudden anger and hostility
Causes for Borderline Personality Disorder: Borderline Personality Disorder can be caused due to multiple reasons. Usually it has been found by researchers that it occurs to patients who have had a disturbed childhood. Complex and unpleasant happenings in the childhood may leave a deep impact on the patient's personality, which comes back as a disorder in his or her early adulthood. From mental, physical to sexual abuse in the childhood can lead to this condition in adults.
Besides, researchers have discovered recently that this illness has hereditary links. Some genes may be responsible for BPD. Improper functioning of the brain is also another factor. Especially, the portion of brain that controls emotions might not be functioning properly in co-ordination with other parts of it.
Diagnosis: There is no particular clinical test that can diagnose BPD. It can be diagnosed by a series of interactive session with the patient by a psychiatrist.
Treatment: The treatment of BPD involves three steps- psychotherapy, medications and support from peer and family. Dialectical Behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and psychodynamic psychotherapy are used in treating the patient. There are no specific medicines to cure identity crisis, boredom and loneliness. However, other symptoms like mood swings, depression and anxiety can be treated with anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. Antipsychotic drugs are also helpful to a certain extent. In extreme cases, hospitalization may be needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Unexplained Infertility Tests & Treatment
ट्यूबरक्लोसिस जिसे टीबी या क्षय रोग के नाम से जानते हैं, एक खतरनाक बीमारी है। ये एक ऐसी बीमारी है जिसकी पहचान आसानी से नहीं हो पाती इसलिए इसके लक्षणों पर ध्यान देना बेहद जरूरी है। दुनिया में छह-सात करोड़ लोग इस बीमारी से ग्रस्त हैं और प्रत्येक वर्ष 25 से 30 लाख लोगों की इससे मौत हो जाती है। देश में हर तीन मनट में दो मरीज क्षयरोग के कारण दम तोड़ देते हैं। हर दिन चालीस हजार लोगों को इसका संक्रमण हो जाता है।
ये बीमारी दरअसल माइकोबैक्टीरियम ट्यूबरक्लोसिस से फैलती है जो हमारे फेफड़ों को नुकसान पहुंचाता है। ये बीमारी फेफड़ों से रक्त प्रवाह के साथ शरीर के अन्य भागों में भी फैल सकता है, जैसे हड्डी, हड्डियों के जोड़, लिम्फ ग्रंथियां, आंत, मूत्र व प्रजनन तंत्र के अंग, त्वचा और मस्तिष्क के ऊपर की झिल्ली आदि। येजीवाणु दूषित पानी या मिट्टी में पाए जाते हैं। ये हवा के जरिए एक इंसान से दूसरे में फैलती है। टी.बी. के बैक्टीरिया सांस से शरीर में प्रवेश करते हैं। किसी रोगी के खांसने, छींकने, बात करने या थूकने के समय बलगम व थूक की बहुत ही छोटी-छोटी बूंदें हवा में फैल जाती हैं, जिनमें मौजूद बैक्टीरिया कई घंटों तक हवा में रहते हैं और दूसरे के शरीर में पहुंचकर रोग पैदा करते हैं।
- टीबी आनुवांशिक नहीं बल्किे एक संक्रामक रोग है। इसकी चपेट में आने वाला व्यक्तिा धीरे-धीरे कमजोर होता चला जाता है। सबसे कॉमन फेफड़ों की टीबी ही है लेकिन यह ब्रेन, यूटरस, मुंह, लिवर, किडनी, गला, हड्डी आदि शरीर के किसी भी हिस्से में हो सकती है।
- टीबी का सबसे आम लक्षण है, दो हफ्ते से ज्यादा खांसी होना और तेज बुखार आना।
- खांसी बलगम के साथ आती है और कभी-कभार साथ में खून भी आ सकता है। इसके अलावा भूख कम लगना, लगातार वजन कम होना, शाम या रात के वक्त बुखार आना, सर्दी में भी पसीना आना, सांस उखड़ना या सांस लेते हुए सीने में दर्द होना वगैरह लक्षण हो सकते हैं और कई बार इसके लक्षण साइलेंट भी होते हैं। टीबी के लक्षण पहचान में आते ही तुरंत डॉक्टर की सलाह लें और जांचें करवाएं। इस बात का जरूर ध्यान रखें कि टीबी की दवाओं का कोर्स होता है उसे पूरा करें। बीच में दवा छोड़ना नुकसानदायक हो सकता है।
टीबी के कई लक्षण कैंसर और ब्रॉन्काइटिस के लक्षणों से भी मेल खाते हैं। तीनों बीमारियों में फर्क बतानेवाले प्रमुख लक्षण हैं:
- कैंसर में मुंह से ज्यादा खून आता है। वजन कम हो जाता है लेकिन बुखार ज्यादातर देखने को नहीं मिालता।
- ब्रॉन्काइटिस में सांस लेने में दिक्कत होती है और सांस लेते वक्त सीटी जैसी आवाज आती है।
- टीबी में सांस की दिक्कत नहीं होती, खांसी आती है और बुखार आता है।
रोग की वजह
अच्छा खान-पान न करने वालों को टीबी ज्यादा होती है क्योंकि कमजोर इम्यूनिटी से उनका शरीर बैक्टीरिया का वार नहीं झेल पाता। जब कम जगह में ज्यादा लोग रहते हैं तब इन्फेक्शन तेजी से फैलता है। अंधेरी और सीलन भरी जगहों पर भी टीबी का इन्फैक्शन फैलता है क्योंकि टीबी का बैक्टीरिया अंधेरे में पनपता है। यह किसी को भी हो सकता है क्योंकि यह एक से दूसरे में संक्रमण से फैलता है। स्मोकिंग करने वालों को भी टीबी का खतरा ज्यादा होता है। डायबीटीज के मरीजों, स्टेरॉयड लेने वालों और एचआईवी मरीज भी टीबी की चपेट में जल्दी आते हैं।
टीबी से राहत के लिए कुछ घरेलू उपाय
- 200 ग्राम शहद, 200 ग्राम मिश्री, 100 ग्राम गाय का घी, तीनों को मिला लें। रोगी को 6-6 ग्राम दवा दिन में कई बार चटाएं। साथ में गाय या बकरी का दूध पिलाएं ।
- रोज़ सुबह और शाम को जब पेट खाली हो, आधा कप प्याज का रस एक चुटकी हींग डाल कर पिएं।
- केला इम्यूनिटी मजबूत करता है। एक पका कला लें। मसलकर इसमें एक कप नारियल पानी, आधा कप दही और एक चम्मच शहद मिलाएं। इसे दिन में दो बार लें।
- ताजा संतरे के रस में थोड़ा सा नमक और शहद मिलाकर रोजाना सुबह शाम पीएं। संतरा इम्यूनिटी मजबूत करता है साथ ही फेफड़े से कफ साफ करने में मदद करता है।
- टीबी के उपचार के लिए शरीफा भी बेहद फायदेमंद है। शरीफे का गूदा निकालकर इसे खाना चाहिए।
- अखरोट टीबी के मरीजों को ताकत देता है, उनकी इम्यूनिटी बढ़ाता है और जल्दी ठीक होने में भी मदद करता है।
भारत में डायबिटीज के मरीजों की संख्या हर रोज बढ़ रही हैं। लगभग हर 5 भारतियों में से 2 भारतीय को डायबिटीज की समस्या हैं। देखा जाए तो डायबिटीज खुद कोई भयानक बीमारी नही है बल्कि यह आपने बाद धीरे धीरे विभिन्न बीमारियों को न्योता देकर शरीर के अलग अलग अंगों नुकसान पहुंचाती है। जैसे हम आसानी से देख सकते हैं कि शुगर के रोगी को आंखों व किडनी के रोग, सुन्नपन आना जैसी समस्याएं हो सकती हैं।
डायबिटीज को कण्ट्रोल करने के लिए जितना महत्त्व दवा और व्यायाम का है उतना ही महत्व आहार या डाइट का हैं। माना जाता है कि डायबिटीज के मरीज नॉर्मल रुटीन लाइफ नहीं जी सकते इसलिए उन्हें एकदम स्ट्रिक्ट डाइट लेना चाहिए।
इन्सुलिन हार्मोन के स्राव में कमी से डायबिटीज रोग होता है। डायबिटीज आनुवांशिक या उम्र बढ़ने पर या मोटाप, स्ट्रेस जैसी कई वजह हो सकती है। डायबिटीज ऐसा रोग है जिसमें व्यक्ति को काफी परहेज से रहना होता है। मधमेह रोगी अगर अपनी दिनचर्या का पालन नहीं करते हैं तो इसके बढ़ने की संभावना ज्यादा होती है। इसलिए डाइट चार्ट फॉलो करने जरूरी हो जाता है।
शुगर एक बार होने के बाद जीवनभर रहता है। इसे कंट्रोल करने के लिए नियमित दिनचर्या और पोषण युक्त आहार की जरूरत होती है। शुगर होने का कारण असंयमित खानपान, मानसिक तनाव, मोटापा, व्यायाम की कमी आदि है। जिसके कारण दिन-प्रतिदिन इसके मरीजों की संख्या बढ़ रही है। ब्लड शुगर के मरीजों के लिए सबसे ज्यादा जरूरी है संतुलित और नियमित भोजन। योग्य डाइट चार्ट अपनाकर डायबिटीज के मरीज न सिर्फ अपनी शुगर नियंत्रण में रख सकते है बल्कि उनकी दवा और इन्सुलिन का डोज़ भी कम हो सकता हैं।
डायबिटिक को अपने आहार में कुल कैलोरी का 40 प्रतिशत कार्बोहाइड्रेटयुक्त पदार्थों से, 40 प्रतिशत वसायुक्त पदार्थों से व 20 प्रतिशत प्रोटीनयुक्त पदार्थों से लेना चाहिए। यदि शुगर मरीज का वजन ज्यादा है तो उसे कुल कैलोरी का 60 प्रतिशत कार्बोहाइड्रेट से, 20 प्रतिशत फैट से व 20 प्रतिशत प्रोटीन से लेना चाहिए।
आइए हम जानते हैं डायबिटीज के रोगी आइडियल डाइट चार्ट किस प्रकार होनी चाहिए और साथ ही कुछ खास हिदायतें किसी पर्टिकुलर स्थिति पर डायबिटीज को कंट्रोल करने के निर्देश।
- सुबह 6 बजे - एक ग्लास पानी में आधा चम्मच मेथी पावडर डालकर पीजिए।
- सुबह 7 बजे - एक कप शुगर फ्री चाय, साथ में 1-2 हलके शक्कर वाली बिस्कुट ले सकते हैं।
- नाश्ता / ब्रेकफास्ट - साथ आधी कटोरी अंकुरित अनाज और एक गिलास बिना क्रीम वाला दूध।
- सुबह 10 बजे के बाद - एक छोटा फल या फिर नींबू पानी।
- दोपहर 1 बजे यानी लंच - मिक्स आटे की 2 रोटी, एक कटोरी चावल, एक कटोरी दाल, एक कटोरी दही, आधी कटोरी सोया या पनीर की सब्जी, आधी कटोरी हरी सब्जी और साथ में एक प्लेट सलाद।
- शाम 4 बजे - बिना शक्कर या शुगर फ्री के साथ एक कप चाय और बिना चीनी वाला बिस्किट
- या टोस्ट या 1 सेब।
- शाम 6 बजे - एक कप सूप पिएँ
- डिनर - दो रोटियां, एक कटोरी चावल (ब्राउन राइस हफ्ते में 2 बार) और एक कटोरी दाल, आधी कटोरी हरी सब्जी और एक प्लेट सलाद।
- बिना क्रीम और चीनी के एक गिलास दूध पिएँ। ऐसा करने से अचानक रात में शुगर कम होने का खतरा नहीं होता।
- एक खास हिदायत मधुमेह के मरीजों को उपवास करने से बचना चाहिए। इसके अलावा भोजन के बीच लंबा गैप भी नही करना चाहिए और रात के डिनर में हल्का भोजन करना चाहिए। इसके अलावा नियमित रूप से योगा और व्यायाम करने से भी ब्लड शुगर नियंत्रित रहता है।
- रोजाना इस डाइट चार्ट को फॉलो करने के साथ ही बताई गई कुछ एक चीजें और इस्तेमाल करें।
- दरारा पिसा हुआ मैथीदाना एक या आधा चम्मच खाना खाने के 15-20 मिनट पहले लेने से शुगर कंट्रोल में रहती है और इससे और भी कई अंगों को फायदा होता है।
- रोटी के आटे को बिना चोकर निकाले यूज़ में लाएं हर चाहें तो इसकी गुणवत्ता बढ़ाने के लिए इसमें सोयाबीन मिला लें।
- घी और तेल का दिनभर में कम से कम इस्तेमाल करें।
- सभी सब्जियों को कम से कम तेल का प्रयोग करके नॉनस्टिक कुकवेयर में पकाएं। हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियां ज्यादा से ज्यादा खाएं।
- शुगर रोगी को खाने से लगभग 1 घंटा पहले अच्छी स्पीड पैदल चलना चाहिए और साथ ही व्यायाम और योगा भी करें। सही समय पर इंसुलिन व दवाइयां लेते रहें। नियमित रूप से चिकित्सक के पास जांच कराएं।
- इसके साथ शुगर के मरीज को प्रोटीन अच्छी मात्रा में व उच्च गुणवत्ता वाला लेना चाहिए। इसके लिए दूध, दही, पनीर, अंडा, मछली, सोयाबीन आदि का सेवन ज्यादा करना चाहिए। इंसुलिन ले रहे डायबिटिक व्यक्ति एवं गोलियां ले रहे डायबिटिक व्यक्ति को खाना सही समय पर लेना चाहिए। ऐसा न करने पर हायपोग्लाइसीमिया हो सकता है। इसके कारण कमजोरी, अत्यधिक भूख लगना, पसीना आना, नजर से धुंधला या डबल दिखना, हृदयगति तेज होना, झटके आना एवं गंभीर स्थिति होने पर कोमा में जाने जैसी विपत्ति का भी सामना करना पड़ सकता है।
- डायबिटिक व्यक्ति को हमेशा अपने साथ कोई मीठी चीज जैसे ग्लूकोज, शक्कर, चॉकलेट, मीठे बिस्किट रखना चाहिए। यदि हायपोग्लाइसीमिया के लक्षण दिखें तो तुरंत इनका सेवन करना चाहिए। एक सामान्य डायबिटिक व्यक्ति को ध्यान रखना चाहिए कि वे थोड़ी-थोड़ी देर में कुछ खाते रहें। दो या ढाई घंटे में कुछ खाएं। एक समय पर बहुत सारा खाना न खाएं।
- डायबिटीज के मरीज हमेशा डबल टोन्ड दूध का प्रयोग करें। कम कैलोरीयुक्त खाद्य पदार्थों का सेवन करें जैसे - छिलके वाला भुना चना, परमल, अंकुरित अनाज, सूप, सलाद आदि का ज्यादा सेवन करें। दही और छाछ का सेवन करने से ग्लूकोज का स्तर कम होता है और डायबिटीज नियंत्रण में रहता है।
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am already 5 months pregnant and was going through cough for almost months. But due to frequent cough especially during night there is pain in my chest and abdominal. So it's my humble request to you to provide me some home remedies.
Hi doctor I am suffering from social anxiety. Recently I have concluded from studies and seeking a good carrier in my own company. But due to social anxiety I am unable to concentrate or work in my own company although I am the owner. I want to about cognitive behavioural therapy.
Dear Dr. my father had diabetes the blood sugar level is before food is 311 mg/dl and after food is 542 mg/dl please give the medicine to follow to lower and control blood sugar level in ayurveda and allopathy.
I don't know what's happening to me (something I feel very lazy, lost stamina in morning, feel depressed, but in the night I feel daam active. Full energized, etc I take enough fruits and vegetables then why Any acupressure point or tablets to increase stamina and keep mind focused in the morning?
My age 47/male/HCM patient / wt 67 kgs / BP 130/90 / Nebivel 5 mg / stress work nature. Feeling uncomfortable and dizziness, pain in left chest regularly, managing life with yoga practices. Feel better. Tested ECG and Doppler 20 years back and recent, Diagnosed (thicken muscle) HCM. Taking Nebivel 5 mg. Request life advice from your experiences. Thanking you.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. The cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.