Doctors in Asian Heart Hospital
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Anger Management Therapy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of H.I.V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Submit a review for Asian Heart HospitalYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a medical condition in which the patient fails to conceive after one year of having unprotected sex. It is advisable that women who are above 35 years of age and often experience irregular menstrual cycles should consult a doctor on being unable to conceive within six months.
Is infertility a common issue?
Infertility has become a common problem for the new age women. Sedentary lifestyle and stress are believed to hamper the fertility of women nowadays. According to a report, about 6 percent women in US in the age group 15-44 years are infertile.
Infertility: It’s not just a woman’s problem
Infertility is not an issue with only women. Both, men and women can be infertile or are responsible for the condition. The process of reproduction requires mutual co-operation from both sexes. Therefore, they can together contribute towards infertility as well. It is wrong to blame the woman only. According to the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth data, it has been found that about 7.5 % men in the age group of 18-45 years (who have has sexual exposure) visited infertility clinics at least once in their lifetime. Of these men, about 18% were affected with male-related infertility issues.
Infertility in men: Men can suffer from infertility due to various factors. The infertility can be detected by analysis of the semen. A doctor can evaluate the concentration of the semen or determine the sperm count, the mobility of the sperm and its shape or morphology. These are important for fertility. Semen analysis can be hampered due to the following conditions:
2. Diseases like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, trauma and infection.
3. Unhealthy lifestyle
4. Environmental toxins
Infertility in women: Women must have proper functioning of the reproductive organs to become fertile. The fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus must be physically and physiologically fit for getting pregnant. A woman may get infertile due to following reasons:
1. Irregular periods that suggests the woman is not ovulating properly.
2. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
3. Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea (FHA) or excessive physical or emotional stress causing missed periods
4. Diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) or inability of the ovary to produce sufficient eggs
5. Premature ovarian insufficiency: The ovary stops functioning properly before 40 years of age
6. Blocked, swollen or open fallopian tubes
Eating disorders can harm your physical and mental health. Anorexia, bulimia and binge eating are some of the most common eating disorders. They are typically caused by dissatisfaction with physical appearances. Feeling bad about how you look can often lead to depression. In many cases, this can also lead to suicidal thoughts. Here are a few reasons for this.
- Feeling of hopelessness: Eating disorders typically start out as ways to lose weight and look better. Most patients think that this will make them more popular amongst friends and colleagues. However, when they do not see themselves winning more friends because of their new figure, it can lead to feelings of despair and hopelessness. This can make them feel unworthy of living and give rise to suicidal thoughts.
- Malnourishment: By not eating enough food, the body is deprived of essential nutrients. This can give rise to a number of health issues. Malnourishment also influences how the neurons in the brain function. It can hamper the person’s ability to think clearly and contribute to a distorted sense of reality. As a result, the person may be more easily influenced by negativity.
- Feeling of being a burden: The combination of helplessness, negativity and nutrient deficiency can make the person feel as though they were a burden on everyone else. The attention given to them by friends and family can further intensify such thoughts. In many cases, the person may end up having suicidal thoughts that if he were to give up his life, his friends and family would be better off without him.
- Unrealistic ideals: People with eating disorders typically have unrealistic ideals of the lifestyle and figure they would like to have. When they do not see these goals being achieved in the manner that they dreamt of, it can cause frustration. This can make the person feel worse about himself or herself.
Like any other disease or disorder, it is essential for people with eating disorders to get professional help overcoming their habits. Parents, friends and other members of the family should be supportive and be on the lookout for signs of suicidal thoughts. This includes talking about death, researching means of suicide, not being able to sleep or sleeping too much, isolating oneself from people around, losing interest in activities and hobbies etc. If the person does seem to be having suicidal thoughts, they should not be ignored but brought to the notice of a counsellor immediately.
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to your doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.
You feel your heart begin to beat wildly in your chest as you break into a cold sweat and have trouble catching your breath; is this a heart attack or panic attack? Your first thought is that it's a heart attack since you have an impending feeling of doom which you may even have felt before your attack began. This makes your heart beat even faster and you become so overwhelmed that the feeling gets even worse until you begin to feel light-headed or maybe even pass out. This is a panic attack.
When you suffer from anxiety, the slightest thing can trigger a panic attack and some can be so intense that you can't imagine it being anything other than looming death. It's very common for those having an anxiety attack to mistake it for a heart attack and this fear is enough to just take over and really wreak havoc on your heart rate, but no matter how fast your heart beats or how panicked you feel; you are not having a heart attack and this episode will not kill you.
One thing that will prove helpful in dealing with this is learning the differences between the two:
Signs of a Heart Attack:
Pressure in the Chest (described as feeling like there is an elephant sitting on your chest).
Chest pain - note that this is not always present.
Pain in the right arm.
Pain in the back or shoulder blades for women.
Panic attack symptoms include:
Increased heart rate.
Sharp or stabbing chest pain that lasts only 5 to 10 seconds.
Pain that is localized to one small area.
Pain that usually occurs at rest.
Pain that accompanies anxiety.
Pain that is relieved or worsened when you change positions.
Pain that can be reproduced or worsened by pressing over the area of pain.
The bottom line: Be vigilant and get checked out promptly.
I am a 54 years old female. I am a known diabetic since 15 years n hypertensive since 8 yrs. I am on insulin therapy since 4 years n take metformin too. N for hypertension I take metosartan 50 mg n novostat cv 10. Now I am suffering from high bp mainly SBP .I got to know on routine examination yesterday. It is reaching as high 200 above. N since morning we r monitoring .Its SBP in the range 180 to 200. Since morning I haven't took any salt intake. I do not hav much symptoms but only hav some sort of tinnitus. Do not know exactly if its becoz of it or not. I took 2 metosartan tablets n 1 telmisartan since morning. But there's no improvement. Can you kindly suggest me some tablets or something. Waiting for an urgent reply. Thank you.
I had chest pain 3 years ago. I consulted cardiologist and did all required Test such as ECG, TMT, ECHO. And all blood test. They came normal. But my chest pain continued. I had done 3 TMT ECHO test in past 3 years. They all were ok. But in dec 2017 I had saviour pain in my chest. I went for CT ANGIO. It was also normal. But the pain in my chest goes and comes back. My all blood test are normal. But now I am always in fear. My heart beat goes up when there is pain in my chest. Now I am feeling mild dizziness and abdominal pain from last 2 months. My doctor finally says that I have FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDER. That is why all these things happened. I am confused now what to do. I am male 28, 5.5 and 69 kgs. Ans also feel nausea throughout the day.
I have chest pain for the past 2 months and I took ECG and ACS test and everything was normal I am taking Pantodac 40 tablet before breakfast and dinner still there is light chest pain what is the cause and I am very much worried please.
I'm sugar patient since one and off year. I didn't take sugar tablets last six months now pasting comes 130 to 140 P. P comes 120 to 130 how to control pasting sugar levels Age 40 years.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
People who suffer from diabetes follow a strict diet and engage in strenuous exercises to stay healthy. However, most people tend to neglect a serious problem that may arise from diabetes. A condition known as diabetes foot may afflict your feet if proper care is not taken once diabetes is diagnosed. In fact, in severe cases, amputation may be the only way to treat diabetes foot.
How you can prevent diabetes foot
Here are some of the preventive measures you should adopt if you are suffering from diabetes and you want to avoid diabetes foot.
- Check your feet daily to see whether any crack or lesion has appeared. Check the sole of your foot too and around the ankles as well.
- Always keep your feet clean and free of dirt. The best way to do this is by using a soap and warm water. Apply a moisturizer once you are done cleaning them.
- Make sure that your shoes and footwear are appropriate. This means that they should not be too tight and neither should they be too loose. Ensure that your toes are not crammed into the shoe and that you can move them freely.
- Avoid smoking because cigarette smoke reduces blood circulation in the body. If the blood does not circulate properly, it may cause diabetes foot.
- Now that you know the preventative measures for the condition, you should also be aware of the treatment for the same.
Treatment for diabetes foot
Treatment for foot diabetes ulcers should be started as soon as the first symptoms appear or as soon as a qualified physician diagnoses the same. If left untreated, the disease can lead to further complication or even amputation of the limb. Here is a look at the viable ways of treating foot ulcers.
- Keep the ulcer region dry and covered at all times, in order to minimize the infection.
- Blood glucose levels must be regulated so that healing occurs naturally.
- Doctors may suggest topical ointments which must be applied daily to the wound.
- Soft and loose-fitting shoes should be worn, in case you are suffering from foot diabetes ulcers. This will prevent the wound from getting damaged.
- Patients are also advised to avoid walking too much before the ulcer has healed completely.
Consult a physician immediately if you feel some damage in your feet and you think that you may be afflicted with the ulcer in the feet. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!