Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Submit a review for Aditya Jyot Eye HospitalYour feedback matters!
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
I am having dizziness and little sensation in upper abdomen area. I could feel the dizziness passing from abdomen to eye. I am done with pelvic abdomen scan, eye testing and MRI scan everything was normal, my doctor diagnosed it to be gastric and gave me pantocid IT tablet for 7 days. Still my problem is not solved. What might be the problem? Please suggest. I am experiencing this post dengue fever.
Dear sir, I was married 11 months back. Due to job we are in separate locations, but every weekend will meet and participate in sex, and planning for children, 2 months back I refer in Google getting fast pregnancy have to participate sex in 14th day of period cycle. Last 2 months I had met with my wife in 14th day only, but till there was no results. My wife mensuration cycle is 30 days. Now what will suggest to us? Please share.
I am diabetic patient. Want to change. Planning for baby. But my hips is 7 kya its ok to conceive or what is the range of hbaic to conceive please tell I am taking medicine trajenta and diamicron.
Sir I am 22 years old and I am using specs for shortsightedness. Recently I noticed that my eyesight reduced drastically within just 1 year. I used to masturbate 2 times a day in average. Is there any relation between masturbation and eyesight? I have seen some article related to the issue. Please help!
Drinking in teenage years linked to memory problems and other health issues in later life.
- Binge drinking during teenage years could lead to thinning of certain areas of the brain causing problems with memory and other serious health implications later in life suggests a study.
- As per a recent study conducted by the oregon state university in the us, binge drinking is linked to shrinking of certain areas of the brain that are associated with memory, attention and language in teenagers. This, in turn, could lead to increased risk of developing alcohol use disorder later on in life.
- The researchers studied six parameters to determine the hazardous impact of heavy drinking on the brain in early years. These include response inhibition, working memory, verbal learning and memory, decision making and reward processing, alcohol cue reactivity, and socio-cognitive/socio-emotional processing,
- Teenage is a period where the brain is still undergoing biological and psychological behaviour development.
- Considering the fact that more and more teenagers are involved in binge drinking and heavy drinking, understanding the effects of consuming large quantities of alcohol on neural development and the impact on cognitive skills is very important.
- Binge or heavy episodic drinking is defined as four or more standard drinks within a two-hour drinking session for females and five or more drinks for males.
- As per the study, binge drinking among young people is associated with a thinning or reduction of areas of the brain that are known to play a key role in memory, attention, language, awareness and consciousness.
- This type of brain alteration in young life could lead to increased risk of alcohol use disorder in later years of life.
Hi sir i am heaving back pain form a long time so plz suggest me something for that plz help me for that
Spinal surgery becomes inevitable when back pain cannot be managed with medications and/or exercise. This is a major decision and requires planning for many things before, during, and after the surgery.
Before a spinal surgery- This preparation will help in smooth recovery, especially if you do not have a full-time caretaker.
Discontinue pain killers: Discontinue pain killers at least 10 to 14 days before surgery. These are blood thinners and can prolong bleeding during the surgery.
Prepare for blood loss: Most people experience some blood loss, but not excessive.
Use a toilet seat raiser: Sitting and getting up from the toilet seat may be difficult. The seat raiser is used to increase the height, making this movement easy.
Enable easy access to common items: Before heading for the surgery, keep things which are commonly used within easy reach. This will help reduce movement and avoid searching (especially if someone else is going to be doing it).
Stock it up: Cooking may not be feasible during the initial postop period, and so it is advisable to stock up food items (ready to eats, fruits, soups, etc.) which will come in handy.
Slip-ons: Bending down and tying shoes may not be easy, so slip-ons can be used.
Caregiving: It is always advisable to have someone stay over with you during the initial postop days. They could help with regular household chores, cooking, etc.
After Surgery- Post surgery, there will be some pain and limitation of movement. It is important to understand that adherence to post-op instructions will improve the success rate of the surgery. Also, recovery time for spine surgery is slightly longer and affects overall quality of life, so psychological preparation is required.
Postoperative medications: These will be given to control infection and pain in the immediate postop period, and should be taken without fail
Rehab: The surgeon will recommend physical therapy and rehab exercises which need to be followed. Complete recovery may take anywhere between 3 to 12 months. During this time, care should be taken to avoid repeat injury.
Support: Adequate back support should be provided using lumbar support and ergonomic chairs, and the right posture should be maintained. Ensure there is no undue strain on the back muscles.
Weight management: With excess weight, there is too much strain on the lower disks. Therefore, weight should be managed to reduce this strain.
Smoking and alcohol should be completely stopped, as healing can be hampered.
With some preparation, spinal surgery can be sailed through smoothly.
Hey I low in calcium for few years but it's tablets are too big to swallow that's why I don't eat it but my joints pains frequently and cramps too. I married 3 months before. Due to this my mom in law give me dry fruits apple banana milk mix in breakfast n regular normal lunch and dinner. Please suggest a diet for me which will be helpful for me now and in near future also?
Problem is that I was in depression, anxiety disorder and breathing problem like happen and when it starts my hand and legs started to pain after drinking water am getting relief ,I got treatment with neurologist and cardiologist they did test of Hb and EEG of brain report was normal and they gave me medicine but am not getting relief the attack of breathing (huffni) is cautious what should I do please help me mam.
Know how Homeopathy helps to manage Childhood diseases
During the first few years of life, it's vital to meet nutritional needs in order to ensure proper growth and also to establish a lifelong habit of healthy eating.
Eating a meal should be both a healthy and enjoyable occasion- a fact that many parents overlook when planning a meal for their growing children. Instead of a fast meal (especially one short in nutritional value) that family members eat at different hours, mealtimes should promote family togetherness whenever possible. If mealtime is a pleasant event, children may practice healthful eating habits in later life.
- Do set a good example for your child to copy. Share mealtimes and eat the same healthy food.
- Do discourage snacking on sweets and fatty food. Keep plenty of healthy foods, such as fruits, raw vegetables, low-fat crackers, and yogurt, around for children to eat between meals.
- Do allow children to follow their natural appetites when deciding how much to eat.
- Do encourage children to enjoy fruits and vegetables by giving them a variety from an early age.
- Don't give slim or 1-percent fat milk to children under the age of 5 unless your doctor prescribes it; at this stage, children need the extra calories in whole milk.
- Do ask children to help prepare meals. If parents rely mostly on convenience foods, children may not learn to enjoy cooking.
- Don't add unnecessary sugar to drinks and foods.
- Don't accustom children to extra salt by adding it to food placing the shaker on table.
- Doon't give whole nuts to children under the age of 5, who may choke on them. Peanut butter and chopped nuts are fine as long as the child is not allergic to them.
- Don't force children to eat more than they want.
- Don't use food as a bribe.
- Don't make children guilty about eating any type of food.
Toothpicks can be an alternative to use for flossing if dental floss is not available. Remember not to be too harsh while using it.