Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Submit a review for Aditya Jyot Eye HospitalYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
Me gym kr rha tha tbhi mere thumb or wrist ke joint me dard hone laga hathh modte hue or thumb chalate hue 3 months ho chuke h or kafi pahalvan or ek phsio therapist ko dikha liya h pr koi asar nhi pd rha h .ab me kya karuu.
Hi. I feel pain on d right side of my lower back to the right side of my lower abdomen right down to my leg and I also felt a sharp pain when trying to pass a wind. Please help me out.
Hello Doctor, my husband is doing daily night shift,& the problem is his leg is paining in thigh, calf, Heel, arch,ball of the leg has lots of pain. He is 26 year old. So what is main problem? Can U please suggest me.
My baby boy is 7 months old he is not drinking milk (lactogen2) and eating food properly and he get motions and vomiting can you give me advice for this to prevent.
hi Mam mere body pain hoti hai legs mai bhot pain hota hai bilkul bhe body mai taakat nhi rehti mai kya karu. please help me
My husband hv shoulder pain frm 20 days, he is s/w engineer, he can not even sit in the office, how to cure pls suggest any medicine or exercise. please help me for that
6 foods to have for a healthy eyesight -
We’re constantly making efforts to stay physically fit. However, we take for granted our eyes and their health. Our eyes, just like any other part/ organ of our body, require adequate nutrition to perform their functions and remain healthy. Eyes require nutrients such as vitamin a, c and e, lutein, zeaxanthin, omega-3, zinc, etc, to stay healthy. Deficiencies of any of these nutrients can be a cause of various eye-disorders. A well-balanced diet can help provide these essential nutrients and thus help boost eye sight, maintain eye health and even prevent a plethora of eye conditions such as glaucoma, dry eyes, poor night vision, cataracts and age-related macular degeneration (amd).
While you can opt for food supplements to keep your eyes healthy, incorporating the following foods in your diet is a better way to keep your eyes in check:
Omega-3 and omega-6 are essential fatty acids (efas) that are necessary for our body and its functions. As our body does not produce these efas by itself, we must derive these from the food we eat. Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, sardines and mackerels are rich in omega-3 which is known, in particular, to benefit eye health. Omega-3 strengthens the blood vessels of the eyes and aids the proper flow of intraocular fluid in the eyes, thus warding off dry eye syndrome and glaucoma among other eye sight-threatening conditions.
Include 2 servings of these fish in your weekly diet plan to improve visual development and the health of your retina.
2. Greens and leaves
Leafy greens such as spinach and kale, broccoli, peas and avocados contain two carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that help boost development of the optical density of the macular pigment in the retina, help reduce cell damage and prevent or reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, a condition that causes damage to the retina resulting in gradual loss of vision. Lutein and zeaxanthin make up the macular pigment found in the centre of the retina. This pigment protects the eyes from the sun’s harmful uv rays that can cause cell damage, thus acting as a natural sunscreen for your eyes.
Generous servings of spinach or kale 2-3 times a week is ideal to meet your lutein and zeaxanthin requirements.
3. Eggs, dairy and poultry
Eggs are another good source of vitamins and nutrients such as vitamin a, vitamin e, lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc which are essential for eye health. Poultry such as turkey is rich in zinc. While vitamin a protects the cornea, the protective transparent surface of the eye, reducing the possibility of dry eye, zinc boosts the health of the retina and prevents night blindness. Lutein and zeaxanthin reduce the chances of developing cataract and age-related macular degeneration. Eggs are packed with protein and go well with all your meals, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. Dairy products such as milk and curd also contain vitamin a and zinc.
One egg or a serving of turkey and a glass of milk a day will keep you and your eyes fit.
4. Citrus fruits and berries
Fruits rich in vitamin c such as oranges, lemons, kiwi fruit, grapefruit, strawberries, blueberries and other berries in combination with other vitamins and nutrients improve the health of eye tissues, helps form and maintain connective tissue including collagen found in the cornea of the eye and fights the development of cataracts and age- related macular degeneration.
Eat plenty of citrus fruits and berries, they are refreshing and make for a good snack. Also, since vitamin c is water soluble you don’t have to worry about consuming too much of it.
5. Nuts and seeds
Go nuts with almonds, walnuts and pistachios. These are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin e, both of which are key to eye health. Vitamin e protects cells from damage caused by unstable molecules that break down healthy eye tissue, reducing the risk of amd. Other nuts and seeds that contain vitamin e are peanuts, hazelnuts and sunflower seeds. Chia seeds, flax seed and black currant seeds are also rich sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
Since most nuts are high in calories, consume them in moderation. One serving a day i. E. A handful of nuts will give you the nutrition your eyes require.
6. Other veggies and fruits
Look beyond carrots and embrace these colourful fruits and veggies; tomatoes, bell peppers, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, corn, cantaloupe, guava, apricots, mangoes are all sources of vitamin a and c and beta-carotene. Vitamin a protects the surface of the eye and helps prevent infections, reduces the impact of cataracts, retinal problems and other eye conditions. One cup a day of any of these colourful fruits and veggies are sure to help sustain healthy eyesight.
My baby has 20 months can she walked all dry fruits and nuts like pine nuts, Brazil nuts, berries, walnut, will be helpful for me please help me
Hi, my 2 year old baby is not taking food properly from last 2-3 days, have some time running days in last 3 days, cough for 1 day and in last 2-3 days loose motion and 4-5 times a day (irregular timings). What should be course of medication.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My baby is one year old and I have started transitioning from formula to whole milk He will be having whole milk in the morning and formula milk in the evening is it ok to give both? And he is drinking 500 ml of milk per day ,is this quantity ok?
Dear Doctor, leg below knee are painful. Even after full night I find pain in the morning. I am not diabetic. Uric acid was little higher. What should I do.
I am having dizziness and little sensation in upper abdomen area. I could feel the dizziness passing from abdomen to eye. I am done with pelvic abdomen scan, eye testing and MRI scan everything was normal, my doctor diagnosed it to be gastric and gave me pantocid IT tablet for 7 days. Still my problem is not solved. What might be the problem? Please suggest. I am experiencing this post dengue fever.
Last month only I had a c-section delivery can I continue having green tea while feeding baby it won't be problem for baby!
Dear sir, I was married 11 months back. Due to job we are in separate locations, but every weekend will meet and participate in sex, and planning for children, 2 months back I refer in Google getting fast pregnancy have to participate sex in 14th day of period cycle. Last 2 months I had met with my wife in 14th day only, but till there was no results. My wife mensuration cycle is 30 days. Now what will suggest to us? Please share.
I am diabetic patient. Want to change. Planning for baby. But my hips is 7 kya its ok to conceive or what is the range of hbaic to conceive please tell I am taking medicine trajenta and diamicron.
Sir I am 22 years old and I am using specs for shortsightedness. Recently I noticed that my eyesight reduced drastically within just 1 year. I used to masturbate 2 times a day in average. Is there any relation between masturbation and eyesight? I have seen some article related to the issue. Please help!
Drinking in teenage years linked to memory problems and other health issues in later life.
- Binge drinking during teenage years could lead to thinning of certain areas of the brain causing problems with memory and other serious health implications later in life suggests a study.
- As per a recent study conducted by the oregon state university in the us, binge drinking is linked to shrinking of certain areas of the brain that are associated with memory, attention and language in teenagers. This, in turn, could lead to increased risk of developing alcohol use disorder later on in life.
- The researchers studied six parameters to determine the hazardous impact of heavy drinking on the brain in early years. These include response inhibition, working memory, verbal learning and memory, decision making and reward processing, alcohol cue reactivity, and socio-cognitive/socio-emotional processing,
- Teenage is a period where the brain is still undergoing biological and psychological behaviour development.
- Considering the fact that more and more teenagers are involved in binge drinking and heavy drinking, understanding the effects of consuming large quantities of alcohol on neural development and the impact on cognitive skills is very important.
- Binge or heavy episodic drinking is defined as four or more standard drinks within a two-hour drinking session for females and five or more drinks for males.
- As per the study, binge drinking among young people is associated with a thinning or reduction of areas of the brain that are known to play a key role in memory, attention, language, awareness and consciousness.
- This type of brain alteration in young life could lead to increased risk of alcohol use disorder in later years of life.