Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vihang.N.VahiaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm facing some strange issue with my consciousness, thoughts, etc. In daily routine. Listed as below: 1) forget minor things, and need efforts to remember. 2) don't feel things around me consciously until I give efforts at looking them, 3) have forgot the past things consciously, need to think very consciously to remember, due to which loss of remembering the past small things which have learnt. 4) things happened just before 2 months, seems once upon a time and opposite sometimes. Its like feeling of time and period is not in order. 5) not able to reason, and use my intellectual in work due to my internal mental situation felt inside. 6) think deeply for a small thing and moving on to endless other thoughts and imagination. 7) no change in mood most often, no happiness, no sadness, no worries, no enthusiasm, carelessness for a particular thing, lost interest, laziness etc. I have been addicted to alcohol since used to have two 750 ml bottle every weekend. However it's now cut down to 2 bottles a month since 1.5 months. I have habit of smoking cigarettes, and also 2-4 puffs of weed every night dat is the days I don't consume alcohol. I have been in a lonely mode since few years, like no socialising with people, and now I feel odd being social due to my behavior, and I become self conscious, while doing the same. My current diet is simple home made food, green tea with lemon juice and honey in morning, 2-3 small cups of coffee or tea per day. I'm not facing any issues with my appetite or digestion, or any other physical issues. I want to know the reason and solution to current mental situation, as I'm not liking the feeling of what I'm feeling now inside. I want an advice how to work this out.
Hello. I have schizo affective. I feel and see myself as very ugly. Is it a part of my illness? Some kind delusion or hallucination.
I am 30 years old male started with anti depressant treatment. Although I have been warned that I must stop smoking and alcohol during anti depressant medicine intake, still I might need to consume alcohol in official parties. My question is that if I intake alcohol some day, do I need to skip my anti depressant that day?
My son is 12 year old and his abnormal behaviour and too much anger, hitting objects and person without reason.
Hi I am Chandan 30 years single old. I am a Computer Operator, actually I have share a problem that I suffering from self talking disease for last 2 years. This activity 50 % disturb of my working style. Actually this activity activate when was I Praying for Universe to The Almighty Shiva. Nobody can understand my problem but I think to finish this disease I have to busy morning to night, and I recover 50% Itself. If you help to solve my problem then I will wisher for life time.
He loves me but I feel we have differences in thoughts and should not get married. What should we do about it?
I have problem of lack confidence and low memory easy to forget things eyes week hair are losing can't work more than 4 hour's sir please help me I am also want to become like others intelligent and active. please suggest m good diet some more.
How to recognise mood disorder , My parents and peers criticize me by saying that if you have any disorder than you won't be able to eat food, you won't be able to laugh or enjoy comedy show, so what basically is the mood disorder. I eat food ,laugh at jokes but I get irritating thoughts while working or doing any work, am I lazy but I don't have any desire to achieve something in life ,I read self help books but still there is no burning desire in me to achieve something ,I tried many things but still I don't feel the fire in me and my self esteem and confidence is poor as I have not achieved anything ,please help me.
Get enough rest. To have good mental and emotional health, it's important to take care of your body. That includes getting enough sleep. Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
- learn about good nutrition and practice it. The subject of nutrition is complicated and not always easy to put into practice. But the more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel
Worrying is a natural tendency among children. While some of it helps children excel, too much worrying can lead to anxiety related disorders. From friendship woes to homework to fear of failure, there could be a lot of factors that can lead to anxiousness in a kid. This problem is mostly witnessed in school going, children. Some of the common symptoms that are portrayed include the need to be perfectionists, seeking of constant reassurance, getting sick worrying too much, scared of participating in a group event etc.
How to prepare your child to overcome anxiety?
- Help them prepare: One major cause of anxiousness in a child is ill preparation. Be it tests or essays, if a child has not prepared well, he tends to get nervous and suffer from anxiousness. The solution is to teach them various study techniques such as flashcards and quizzes. If this is done regularly and reviewed meticulously, your child will get over the fear of failing and perform better.
- Teach them to focus: Losing focus is a major tendency among kids who tend to suffer from anxiety related disorders. Keeping the concentration going is a major skill that needs to be taught by parents. Kids often sit blankly during tests thinking others are far smarter than they are. Some good method to teach focus is to teach them reverse counting, slow breathing technique, frequent consumption of water etc.
- Pass on the anxiety: Anxiousness has to be passed in form of something. Certain activities, therefore play great strokes in addressing anxiousness. Teach your kids to distress in the form of TV or teach them to write when they are anxious. This not only takes off anxiety from the equation, it helps a kid to relax without the fear of failure.
- Reassurance: Kids suffering from anxiousness often need repeated reassurance about the task in hand. The task here for a parent is to make their kid understand that failure will not impact their relationship with their parents. Often the failure of letting someone down makes a kid anxious. Constant reassurance will curtail the tendency. This being said, parents should ensure that this doesn’t become a habit for the kid. The idea is to make them comfortable and make them less dependent on you.
- Relaxation techniques: A study published by the Journal of School Counselling argued that kids who practised relaxation techniques are far less likely to suffer from anxiety and stress related disorders as compared to their peers. Some of the relaxation techniques that can be easily learned and practised include breathing exercises, meditation, yoga and so on. This exercise helps children to focus and concentrate more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Here are reasons, effects, screening and diagnosis of down's syndrome in children