Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction
Treatment of Airway Diseases
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Treatment of Andersen-Tawil Syndrome
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Angiopathy
Treatment of Angiofibroma
Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease
Treatment of Atrial Septal Defect
Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Treatment of Barth Syndrome
Management of Bicuspid Aortic Valve
Treatment of Bernard-Soulier Syndrome
Treatment of Blocked Blood Vessels
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Brugada Syndrome
Submit a review for Lilavati Hospital and Research CentreYour feedback matters!
Cystic acne is a serious form of acne, which is characterized by deep, inflamed acne breakout. Red cysts are developed under the surface of the skin, which cause great pain. Cystic acnes are not only painful, but also affect your appearance and self-confidence.
Hence, effective steps should be taken to get rid of them. Here are 6 effective remedies to treat cystic acne.
- Do not pop: Avoid popping the acne which appear on your skin. Cystic acnes should never be popped because of their depth and popping or squeezing will make them worse. The more you touch them, the more they tend to worsen, and permanent scars may be left.
- Ice: Applying ice cubes directly to the acne affected area for some time constricts the blood vessels in the cyst. By applying ice, the size and redness of the acne get reduced.
- Proper skin care: You should maintain a simple skin care routine and avoid scented moisturizers. Before applying any lotion, ensure that your skin is clean and exfoliated. Use oil free and non-scented moisturizers.
- Do not get obsessed: Avoid spending hours looking at the cystic acne in the mirror. The more obsessed you, the more negative thoughts will come into your mind, making you feel even worse.
- Towels and pillowcases: Do not let other people use your towels and pillows. Abstain from washing these items with strong detergents and use natural, non-scented laundry products. Change your pillowcases and towels regularly.
- Diet: In case of cystic acne, you should take several diet precautions. Cut down the use of dairy products, excessive sugar, grain products and caffeine. Fried food and fast food should be avoided as well.
For better healing of cystic acne, you should consume probiotic rich foods, foods high in zinc, protein and fiber. You can consume several supplements as well, such as probiotics, zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Relax: Stress makes the condition of cystic acne worse. You should undertake relaxation techniques to reduce stress as hormones released due to stress can make the acne worse. You should try natural stress relievers.
- Sleep: Having proper sleep at night regularly improves your health and reduces inflammation due to cystic acne.
- Exercise: Regular exercise benefits the lymphatic system and detoxifies the body. Your mood and self-esteem are improved, which have been hampered due to acne.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as lavender and tea tree help in treating cystic acne. With anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, these oils are effective and can be applied to the acne directly.
Cystic acne is a severe form of acne, which requires proper care and treatment. Several simple remedies can be used to treat the same.
Cancer is one of the worst diseases, which kills millions of people across the world. While there is a wide range of treatment options available, the best way to deal with it is to ensure a good diet along with a healthy lifestyle. Here is a list of cancer-fighting food products, which can immensely help to prevent cancer.
- Green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables have multiple health benefits. They are not only rich in minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants, but also have very low content of calories, toxins, and sodium. Being antiviral and antibacterial in nature, green vegetables can successfully inactivate carcinogens, halt metastasis and pause the formation of a tumour. Certain vegetables contain isothiocyanates that can detox the cells. Some of the vegetables that are mighty effective in countering cancer cells include kale, romaine, watercress, nutritious spinach, collard greens etc.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best antioxidants among all food items, owing to their high ORAC score. Their antiviral and anti-fungal nature of berries is extremely healthy for the body. Moreover, abundant supply of vitamin A and C makes berries a perfect agent for increasing body immunity. Free radicals are one of the top reasons for metastasis. The proanthocyanidin content of berries helps the body to get a hang of free radicals, thereby decreasing the chances of cancer cells to grow rapidly. They can be consumed daily with any meals.
- Spices and herbs: There are a lot of herbs and spices, which boost the immune system and prevents cancer cells to grow further. Turmeric, for instance, is scientifically proved to be a great agent for reducing tumor size and effectively countering breast cancer and colon cancer. Some of the other herbs and spices include black pepper, ginger, raw garlic, parsley, oregano, and basil. They can be consumed daily in the form of juice or along with regular meals.
- Organic meat: Many scientists are of the view that organic meat does wonder in a cancer diet. Liver of beef and chicken has high B12 content and helps to remove harmful toxins from the digestive tract and liver. They can balance hormone, digest fat and counter the side effects of triglycerides, drugs, and obesity. This can be included in the diet every alternate day.
- Seeds and nuts: Flax seeds and chia seeds are few nutrient-power packed foods in the world. They should be included in the diet due to high fiber, mineral, and fatty acid content. Some other healthy seeds that can pay rich dividends in fighting cancer include walnut, sprouted bean, sunflower seeds etc. Nuts and seeds with all their nutritional qualities can successfully stop metastasis, reduce tumor size and increase immunity in the body, if consumed daily.
Do you like to eat processed foods, and gorge on them a lot to stay away from cooking? It is important for you to know that processed foods are bad for your health and it is best that you avoid consuming them. Although all food items we eat are mechanically processed in certain ways, chemical processing, which is the primary feature of processed food items, is hazardous for your health.
Here are the major reasons why you should not eat processed food items.
- Processed food contains high amounts of sugar and fructose corn syrup: It is a known fact that excessive consumption of sugar in any form is not good for your health. Processed food products are loaded with sugar in huge amounts and also contain high fructose corn syrup, which is equally harmful in excess. Sugar basically has empty calories, which contain no important nutrients. Sugar also has dreadful effects on your body metabolism and may lead to high triglycerides, increased cholesterol levels, insulin resistance, and excess accumulation of fat in your abdominal cavity and liver.
- Processed food is hyper rewarding in nature and over consumption gets likely: Processed food items, because of their high content of sweet and fat, become a sort of addiction for many people. The reward centers of your brain acknowledge them, and as a result, you develop a constant craving for such food stuff.
- Processed food contains harmful artificial ingredients: It is likely for you to not understand the names of ingredients, which processed foods are made of. This is because of the reason that maximum of these ingredients are not actually natural, but are artificial chemicals which get added for several purposes such as preservation, maintaining aroma and much more. These chemicals are associated with several harmful effects on your health. The common ingredients of highly processed foods include the following:
- Chemical preservatives for preventing processed food from rotting
- Chemical colourants, which induce attractive and unique colours to processed foods
- Chemical flavors for giving specific flavours
- Texturants for proving a particular, specific texture to processed foods
The hyper rewarding nature of processed food can lead to severe consequences in many people. It is possible for you to become addicted to processed foods, and lose total control over your consumption rate. This problem of addiction to processed fast foods is a major problem in today’s world. It is an important reason for obesity, which is a prominent health concern today all over the world.
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!!