Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini KalyankarYour feedback matters!
Hi, I want to know about vaginal labia minora. My vaginal lips are loss and my vaginal hole also lose. Is there any treatment form which I regain my virginity!
I am 44 years old lady not yet conceive, trying but fail, please suggest medicines and other treatment for natural. For me and my husband.
I am 30 years old male, married for last 2 years. My wife is 27. Now our families are asking to have kids. Once my wife got pregnant just after marriage but we thought of abortion through medicine under Dr. Advice because it was too early to have babies. Now we both are trying for last 5 months but unfortunately she is not getting pregnant. I have gone through few test and found my tsh was little high which is now labels the margin under Dr. Advice medicine I am taking. So hence what exactly is the problem to make her pregnant.
I get blood clots during my periods flow. Is heavy Blood loss a problem in periods. Kindly inform me. I'm 19 years and living in a hostel and I get severe pain in my back and stomach is this a serious issue?
I am 24 year old and 8 month pregnant and my hemoglobin level is 10.7, previous month was 9.4 How it is dangerous at pregnancy time and is it compulsory to take blood bottle at this time ? Give me any other suggestions for same.
Blockage in the Fallopian tubes accounts for 40% of infertility in women, which is called Tubal Factor Infertility. Fallopian tubes are two thin tubes on each side of the uterus that aid the movement of mature eggs from the two ovaries to the uterus. Any kind of blockage in these tubes can prohibit the eggs from reaching the uterus and prevent pregnancy.
There are very few symptoms to detect blocked fallopian tubes. Some of the most common are :
- A particular type of blocked fallopian tube is known as Hydrosalpinx, which causes pain in the lower abdominal or pelvic region with abnormal vaginal discharge
- Painful periods can be a warning sign of blockage in the fallopian tubes
- Painful intercourse is also a potent indicator
- Spotting or heavy periods
- Feelings of extreme tiredness
- Pre-menstrual abdominal cramps
Once you know the symptoms, it is imperative to know the cause behind blocked fallopian tubes in order to get proper treatment.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most popular cause of blockage in the fallopian tubes. It can be sexually transmitted, but not all cases of PID are linked to STDs.
- Prior abdominal surgery
- Earlier ectopic pregnancy
- Previous occurrence of ruptured appendix
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) infections like gonorrhea and Chlamydia
- Uterine infection due to abortion or miscarriage
There are precautionary measures that can be adopted to prevent blocked fallopian tubes, which can be opened with a laparoscopic surgery or a Hysteroscopic procedure. If you are diagnosed with PID, be sure to start your treatment as soon as possible. The most important advice is to look for symptoms of blockage and get professional help if you find any.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. Been seven months getting married. Me n my husband trying to conceive for the past three months but got no positive result. Is there something that we are lacking we are so depressed . Wat do we do personally consult a doctor or please help.
Is there any permanent solution of premature ejaculation problem during sex? I am 31 years old. I am very much depressed due to this!
Hello doc, meri friend k abhi 3 months ki pregnancy miss hui h.uske 3 months bad jo ultrasound krwna tha usme heartbeat absent thi. Or d and c hui h. D and c abhi 3 august ko hui thi. Uske 3 din bad se uske breast me pain h.means these are not feeling good even touch. N some milky white water in a little amount secreting from these. Doc pls help what to do? Is any tension there?
I am 30 years old. I am having a baby of age 2 months old. I am breastfeeding her. But I am having a doubt that is my milk enough for my baby. How can I know that my milk is enough for my baby. Please suggest me the foods to be taken by me to increase breast milk.
Am trying to conceive. I have 35 days cycle and period usually last for 6 7 days. My expected period is to be on 8tj aug but it come on 10th aug. It was brown on the first day and red on the 2nd day with a few thin and small clot and third day it was black and brown again. What it could be why is it so? This is happening for first time.
Menorrhagia is a condition that is marked by heavy menstrual bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycles. Most women have a unique bleeding pattern during that time of the month with the flow going up and down over the first few days. Yet, for many women, the bleeding becomes consistently heavy during all the days of the period, during which the period itself may get extended by a few days. If this pattern continues to occurs, one must get it checked out by a doctor at the earliest. Here are a few ways in which this condition may be treated.
Factors considered during treatment: Before the treatment starts, and during the diagnosis stage, the doctor will take a look at a number of factors so that the correct form of treatment may be prescribed to the patient. To begin with, the doctor will take a complete medical history of the patient, including the family history to ascertain whether or not there may be a genetic problem at play. Further, the future childbearing plans of the patient will also be taken into consideration in such cases so that the treatment method does not hinder such plans. Also, the doctor will also try and understand the effect of the symptoms of this condition before prescribing any particular medication and surgery.
- Medication: Iron supplements and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines will be prescribed for the patient to bring down the level of inflammation and restore the production of blood, which will make up for the rapidly flowing blood from the body. This will also prevent the risk of anemia. Oral contraceptives, tranexamic acid, oral progesterone and hormonal therapy can also help in such cases.
- Dilation and Curettage: This procedure is also known as D&C, and it basically helps in dilation or opening up of the cervix so that the doctor may suction the tissue from the uterine lining. This tissue is usually known to bring about excessive bleeding.
- Uterine Artery Embolisation: This is a procedure which shrinks any existing fibroids that may be the cause behind excessive bleeding. In this procedure, the uterine arteries are blocked and the blood supply to the same is cut off so that the fibroids do not get a chance to grow and cause unnecessary pressure that may lead to excessive bleeding.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that removes the cervix as well as the uterus, and is usually the last resort followed by most doctors. In such cases, the doctor will first ascertain whether or not you plan to have any children in the future. Additionally, the ovaries may also be removed if the condition has spread too much to be contained sufficiently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
After my 1st pregnancy in 2010, I started putting weight. The other irregularities also started in 2011 and the tsh level also was on the higher limits of normal range. Then I consulted with endocrinologist, he suspected pcod and gave me metformin 500 mg and Diane 35 mg. Then the cycle became regular. As my life style lacks physical activity I started gaining weight. In 2014 I had about of iron deficiency anemia and treated with iron injection. The irritability and hirsutism became more after 2012.
Pregnancy is a stage which needs to be cautiously enjoyed by all expectant mothers. The word ‘cautiously’ is used and stressed upon by medical practitioners because it is a period where two lives are at stake i.e the mother’s and the baby’s. Both their health and nutrition are of the utmost importance during this stage. In the third trimester, which includes the seventh, eighth and ninth month, when the delivery date is knocking on your doorstep, you should be more cautious than ever.
Some of the precautions to be taken during these months are listed below.
- By this time, the essential features of the baby, such as hands and legs are fully developed. In fact, the baby might just start moving and should be given some space. Thus, expectant women must be watchful of the weight they carry. At no cost must their spine be injured or hurt. This can be disastrous for both the mother and the baby.
- It is best to avoid stairs, if possible and certainly use the elevator for higher floors. In case you have to take the stairs, then holding the railings would give you the support you need. For physical exercises, you can go for a walk or just practice simple breathing exercises to keep you active.
- Extra sleep is required during this month; and that too on the left side. Sleeping on the right side should be avoided. This helps in smooth blood circulation.
- This month is crucial for the baby as it is nearing delivery. As an expectant mother you should be able to understand the signs your body gives you. It is best to avoid heavy weight lifting and too much of work. You should drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- Avoid dust, animal excretes and stale food is important as it might hinder the brain development of the unborn child.
- Overeating should be avoided.
- You must take a break from household chores.
- Exercises must be continued under supervision.
- Fish must be avoided as at times they contain mercury which is not good for the unborn baby.
- Travelling is a strict no-no during this month.
- You must decide on the process of the delivery—natural or cesarean section (c-section) beforehand.
- Going for regular check-ups is mandatory.
These are some of the precautions which must be taken during the last three months of your pregnancy. It would ensure the good health and well-being of your baby as well as your own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is 2 month pregnant. Which food/fruit she should avoid. What should I give her daily for her & baby health. I was thinking for pomegranate juice daily, but my wife says it will cause constipation, I ask about carrot juice, she told its hot by nature, hot items r not meant till 8 months.
Respected dignitaries. My Major concern is with my Diet. I have PCOS and I am a pure vegetarian person. Because of PCOS, I can not take soy products and my diary products are also not allowed by doctor. So how could I fulfill my Protein requirements? I go to gym also but I am not loosing weight & feel very tired. Please guide.
लौंग का प्रयोग सदियों से आयुर्वेदिक औषधियों के तौर पर किया जाता रहा है। लौंग कई तरह की गंभीर बीमारियों को जड़ से खत्म कर सकता है। लौंग एक प्रकार का मसाला है। इस मसाले का उपयोग भारतीय पकवानो मे बहुतायत रूप में किया जाता है। अगर प्रतिदिन लौंग का अलग-अलग तरीके से सेवन किया जाए तो इससे आपको कई तरह की बीमारियों में लाभ मिलेगा। आज हम आपको लौंग खाने से दूर होने वाली उन 10 बीमारियों के बारे में बता रहे हैं, जिनसे शायद आप अंजान होंगे।
लौंग खाने के ये हैं आश्चर्यजनक फायदे
1. लौंग को मुंह में रख कर उसका रस चूसने से खांसी ख़त्म होती है। जब तक मुंह में लोंग रहती है तब तक खांसी बंद ही रहती है।
2. लौंग को मुंह में रख कर चूसने से मुंह और श्वास की बदबू दूर हो जाती है।
3. लौंग के तेल की कुछ बुंदे किसी स्वच्छ कपडे के टुकड़े पर टपकाकर, उस कपडे को बार-बार सूंघने से प्रतिषय (जुकाम) की समस्या ठीक हो जाता है साथ ही नाक भी बंद नहीं होती है, और नाक अगर बंद हो तो खुल जाती है।
4. लौंग को पानी के साथ पीसकर 100 ग्राम पानी में मिलाकर, छानकर मिश्री मिलाकर पिने से ह्रदय की जलन विकृति दूर होती है। पेट में जलन होना बंद हो जाती है।
5. वात विकार व जोड़ों के दर्द में लौंग का तेल मलने से पीड़ा ख़त्म होती है।
6. लौंग को पानी के साथ पीसकर हलके गर्म पानी में मिलाकर पिने से जी मचलना बंद हो जाता है और ज्यादा प्यास लगना भी बंद हो जाती है।
7. लौंग के तेल की एक दो बुंदे बताशे पर डालकर खाने से हैजे की विकृति दूर हो जाती है।
8. लौंग को बकरी के दूध में घीसकर, नेत्रों में काजल की तरह लगाने से रतोंधी रोग ठीक हो जाता है।
9. लौंग और चिरायता दोनों बराबर मात्रा में पानी के साथ पीसकर पिलाने से बुखार ख़त्म हो जाता है।
10. एक रत्ती लौंग को पीसकर, मिश्री की चाशनी में मिलाकर चाटकर खिलाने से गर्भवती महिलाओं की उल्टियां बंद हो जाती है।