Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archana Sonawale
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SonawaleYour feedback matters!
I had a bi lateral TKR in Oct 2001 and a revised TKR IN RIGHT knee in Jun 2010.So far it is functioning well. However I am now having severe pain in my LEFT leg for the last 3-4 months.This pain occurs for an hour or two every morning after I get up and appears to emanate from the area above the LEFT KNEE-CAP , possibly from some NERVE. After I massage the area firmly and/or apply a vibrator, the pain eases gradually.A hot water bath also helps as also exercises of my LOWER torso/legs. I consulte d an ORTHO a few weeks back and he did not find anything wrong with the TKR and suggested wearing a KNEE brace on the left knee to protect /prolong its life.However,I continue to suffer the daily pain for 2-3 hours. Rest of the day is comfortable with the knee brace. I do not wish another REVISION TKR on the left knee if it can be avoided. CAN SOMEONE KINDLY ADVISE ABOUT THE SOURCE AND REASON BEHIND THE PAIN AND what I can /should do to avoid / minimize it . OR MAYBE I should think of having another leftside TKR, HOWEVER MUCH I WANT TO AVOID IT. I AM DESPERATE . PLEASE ADVISE.
I'm 40 years age male. I suffering knee pain for two months. I show to doctor. They say that you have starting of knee depreciation seeing my x-ray. So what I have do to get relief from this?
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.