Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AkshayYour feedback matters!
My husband is 35 years old. In a recent official medical checkup, his cholesterol levels is reported higher-236 mg/dl. His bilirubin level is also high-2.4 mg/dl. He is good physically and prefer home cooked food only. Can you please tell me the type of diet he should have and the kind of food that needs to be avoided. Also any change in lifestyle to be added. Thanks.
MALE AGE 72 YRS. IN JULY 2013 ULTRASOUND SCAN, IT WAS FOUND THAT I HAVE A SLIGHTLY ENLARGED PROSTATE AND I WAS HAVING FREQUENT URGE TO URINATE. Post void residue was 20 ml. This is so, in recent Ultrasound scan report also. Since July,2013 I am taking one capsule Tamlet 4 mg at bedtime. With this I am comfortable andnight time I get up once or twice to urinate. Day time I go to rest room four to five times . Should I continue the medicine Tamlet 4 mg. Or can stop it. My present medications are Amlong 5 mg for BP Glycomet SR 500 mg for sugar, Ecosprin AV 75 one cap. At night. BP, Sugar are under control with medication.
I am 75 years male suffering from ibs for the past 7 years. Also diabetic controlled by oral pills. I am not having any hyper tention. Please advise for ibs thanks.
I have blood pressure problem. It just high and low in one day. Can you suggest what is the way to control it?
I am having pain in my chest since last 3 hours. Is it somewhat I have to worry about? Or just a change of climate.
I have pain in my chest since 6 months surrounding the nipples. My heartbeats are fast, I can feel these without putting the hand on chest. All the tests such as ECG, ECO, TMT 7 are done and the reports are normal. I also gone To physician, He said that I am very healthy, Just you have a acidity. No one is believed on me that I have pain in my chest. Please help me to cure this problem.
What are symptoms of heart problem ?what is suggestive right diet for CA doing office mental work for 12 hours a day?
I am a BP patient and in summer I m unable to control some time blud coming from my nose. What is the best routine I should follow.
My mother is 62 years old. She is overweight with BP and diabetes. For last few months she is having frequent pain at hips while walking. I would like to know what test can diagnose the problem? And what tests are required for regular health screening? Thanks.
While every organ in the body needs to be cared for, the heart assumes a very special place. What is good for the heart can be good for the whole body and the reverse is equally true. The effects of a diet that is unhealthy for the heart is definitely unhealthy for the whole body.
With lifestyle changes like heart disease, diabetes, obesity and stroke are on the rise, the importance of eating a heart healthy diet has assumed all new levels of importance. The following are some of the heart healthy foods that should be a part of everybody’s diet.
- Fatty fishes: Salmon, sardines and mackerel are loaded with generous amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids and reduce the risk of arterial plaque buildup. They are also rich in antioxidants. Eating fish at least twice a week is recommended; for non-fish eaters, supplements of Omega-3 fatty acids are recommended.
- Oatmeal: Oats again are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, folate and potassium. It is also rich in soluble fibre and is believed to lower bad cholesterol and keep the arteries free of plaque. It soaks up the cholesterol in the digestive system and helps manage cholesterol.
- Avocado: This creamy fruit has loads of monounsaturated fat which helps lower the levels of bad cholesterol and improve levels of good cholesterol. They also improve absorption of other carotenoids like lycopene and beta-carotene, which are also extremely heart friendly.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and other berries reduce the risk of heart attack by almost one-third. These are rich in compounds like anthocyanins and flavonoids which are proven antioxidants. They relax the blood vessels and reduce blood pressure and reduce the incidence of heart attacks.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate which contains 60-70% cocoa is rich in polyphenols, which helps blood pressure, clotting, and inflammation.
- Olive Oil: Loaded with monounsaturated fats, this helps reduce levels of bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. The extra-virgin variety is preferred for cooking in place of regular vegetable oils.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, and macadamia nuts are packed with mono and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, and vitamin E. Flaxseed is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and can be added to oatmeal or eaten raw.
- Soy: Soy products, including tofu and soy milk, are ideal for adding protein and reducing cholesterol and polyunsaturated fats, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
- Legumes: These are high in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and soluble fibre.
- Spinach: Helps with its rich content of fibre, folate, lutein,and potassium. In fact, most vegetables have a beneficial effect.
- Green tea: Rich in antioxidants, it reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Include some of the heart healthy foods and see your heart smile!!
Sir my blood pressure is 150/90. Any time. I am 33 years old. But I had not been suffering any kind of disease still now. What can I do for this problem to solve. Thanks.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I can hard can suggest.
How to reduce fat near heart? And say the diet for healthy heart. Like the food which people with heart issues can have and the food they have to avoid for a better living.
Sudden cessation of blood supply to brain retina or spinal cord causes nerve dysfunction called stroke.
If you identify stroke go to hospital immediately
Know the symptoms of stroke facial deviation. Slurring of speeches. Leg weakness
One eye visual loss.
Are major symptoms
Within 7 hours block in the brain blood vessels can be removed.