Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
1. What are the dangers of having high cholesterol? Can other problems develop? What could have caused my cholesterol to be too high?
My father is 50 years old and he has been recommended to get heart stent placement immediately within this week. Will you please suggest me all the details and the cost for the operation.
As a doctor, therapist and counsellor, we realized that the problems faced by patients range from the most common 'what to eat and what not to do' to 'why did this happen to me', or 'how does it cost so much' and most important, overcoming the fear and pain associated with diseases. Few patients want to challenge a line of treatment, but do not have the courage to ask; and many will meekly follow the doctor s advice. Things go wrong when patients are forced to follow some relatives or friends advice to take medicines that actually do them more harm than help.
It s always better to take professional advice.
Heart health also benefits from integrative treatments that include nutritional support from customized diet, customized exercises, mindful meditation, various self healing techniques like yogasana, acupressure, and powerful detoxification. Natural, herbal and Ayurvedic medication have proved very effective.
Medical research has indicated, blockages that cause heart attack, stroke or deep vein thrombosis begin 80% times with wear-tear of inner lining of blood vessel. This injury gets covered with a plaque deposit that is formed initially as a self protection mechanism. This plaque deposit has a large volume of LDL cholesterol. So, wrongly, LDL cholesterol is termed as Bad, whereas, it actually deposits to fight the disease (oxdative free radicals) from doing more harm. Swelling and rupture of this plaque causes blockage of blood vessel and blood flow is hampered in smaller vessels away from the site of rupture. When this happens in delicate organs like the heart, damage of heart muscles take place (causing heart attack of heart failure) or when in blood vessels supplying nutrition to brain, causing stroke and paralysis.
Research also confirms that unless the formation of these plaques is not retarded or reversed, new blockages keep occurring and procedures like angioplasty or bypass fail after a short time duration. This condition is called Restenosis. This can happen in same blockage area, on the stent or in new blood vessels.
World Health Organisation has taken note of this fact and all over the world, Integrative treatment approach is gaining importance and results have also encouraged doctors and patients.
Clinical trials conducted have shown that Non invasive, holistic, integrative approach is able to retard blockages, reduce the formation of blockages and improve blood circulation all over the body while supporting different organ functions. These therapy options can be safely taken with allopathy, before heart attack, after attack, after angioplasty, stent or CABG procedures. We recommend high risk persons to take these as precaution as well.
At present award winning, non invasive, clinically proved treatment protocol is available and is benefiting thousands of patients.
Hlo sir mujhe kafi time se gas problm se preshan hoon or mene gas k liye jo bhi dvayi khayi h us se mera b.p low ho jata h so mene dvayi khani bnd ki or morning walk shru ki or mujhe urine bar bar ata h mene urin test krvaya usme pus cell or crystl aaye the 1-2 jb hospitl gya vha Dr. Ne fr se kiya ultrasound or urine usme kuch bhi nhi aya Dr. Bole ki kyi bar aise hi satl aa jate h urine m to mene kha ki urine bar bar aata h or gas bhi bnti h Dr. Ne med. Dedi do phli emblex-etm or second torq 4 mg capsule by Dr. Reddy vale mene kl ik teblt or ik capsule khaya tha bs mera gla sukhne lg gya bhut mene fr or ni khaya or rat ko gas bn ne lg gi bhut or pet fool gya or urine bhar hi ni aa rha tha bhut strugle krne k bad bhar aa rha h abi bi mera urine sir pls hlp me kya ye gas ki vjha se h ya koi or problm h.
Dear sir I am a young boy and I feel well but some times I feel pain in my stomach and chest please suggest me what should I do?
Hi all, I am 27 years old. I have fast heart beat since last two or three months but since last some day's it's quite faster. I had my Ecg with two different doctors they said ECG is normal. Now. Don't understand the reason for palpitations. Please let me know and how to cure it .my heart rate was 115 shown in ECG. Is there any effect on heart please let me know.
Just for general knowledge,what can be done if a person gets a heart attack,is there any kind of first aid that can be given to the patient before medical help or ambulance arrives ? What are the do's and don't in this type of condition?
What are the reasons for high BP early in the morning on awaking from bed around 6.00am. I have BP measuring between 162/105 to 142/88 and taking two medicines daily; Erital H40 in the morning before breakfast and amlodipin 0.5 mg( Amlopress) in the evening at 9.00pm
Is there a a homeopathic remedy / medication for mitral valve regurgitation? Would it cure the condition or just control the symptoms? Could you please list the medicines and the dosage.
Hi sir my uncle feels fatigueness, his body swells a little bit on legs and hands and face. He has done all the cardiac health test except angiogram. His 2d-echo, tmt, other cardiac blood test, chest x-ray, lft, lipid profile. All are normal, no bp and sugar, non smoker, non drinker. Should he done the angiogram test. What is the reason of his fatigueness and swelling. Is it a symptom of chest? please advise.
Last night I had not taken salt in my dinner due to high blood pressure. Next morning I have given my blood for sugar fasting, serum urea.
I am 25 year old boy from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it symptom of heart disease?
I have sometimes chest pain for very rare case I m 21 year old n take cig at an avg of 2 days for 2 year is it the reason if not then y.
I m 15 years old. Mere chest ke right side me sans lene me dard hota hai, please give me suggestion what I do?
Following a healthy lifestyle that is armed with a well-regulated diet is the most important aspect of combating your cardio-vascular disease. If you think that it is going to be very difficult to achieve, then you will be happy to know that the reality is quite the opposite. You can achieve your goals by following short and simple steps that would help you to reap long-term benefits for protecting your cardio-vascular health.
- Try to use the calories consumed: It is very important to know how many calories you are consuming in a span of 24 hours. The calorie and nutritional information given on the food levels are normally based on the 2000 calorie diet. But it is crucial to know that your individual calorie requirement is dependent on numerous factors, including your age, gender as well as level of physical activities. When you are aiming to restrict your weight gain, it is recommended not to eat more than you can use up in a day along with increasing the intensity and amount of physical activity so that it matches the amount of physical activity. You must try to incorporate either 75 minutes of hard training or 150 minutes of moderate exercise in a span of seven days in order to boost healthy weight loss.
- Consume a wide array of nutritious items from all food groups: Though you may believe that you are eating a sufficient amount of foods, your body may not be receiving an optimum amount of nutrients it needs for proper functioning. Foods that are considered rich in nutrients must contain sufficient amounts of protein, minerals, whole grains and other variants of nutrients with low calorie content. These foods not only aid in reduction of weight but also trigger lowering of blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Eat right: You must aim to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet besides whole grains, dairy products with low fat contents, legumes and nuts. It is important to stay away from red meat, trans fat, artificially sweetened beverages and sodium. Experts also suggest consuming less of food that has poor nutrient content in order to protect your heart.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: Simply exercising and eating a healthy diet is important, but you should not eliminate the adverse effects of smoking and alcohol consumption, which not only cast an impact on the health of your heart but also cause a variety of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. The medications and remedial measures vary greatly among individuals and thus, it is crucial to speak with a doctor for receiving personalized treatments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.