Doctor in Aarush Ivf & Endoscopy Centre
Dr Shilpa has a high level of commitment to her patients and personally I feel very safe in her care. I went for fertility counselling and she has been patient and extremely helpful with all my questions. She is calm, makes you feel at ease and is very approachable. Under her supervision I have gotten best results naturally and needless to say, she has been very lucky for me! I'm surprised there aren't many testimonials here, as she sees a lot of patients, most of them come out smiling..
Dr. Shilpa Saple provides answers that are very helpful. Is surgery is helpful if it shows low ovarian reserve
Dr. Shilpa Saple provides answers that are saved my life. Please dctr save me my life
In vitro fertilization (IVF) includes empowering the woman with medicines, taking various eggs from her ovaries, fertilizing them with her partner’s sperm, and inserting a portion of the subsequent embryos into her uterus with the trust that one will form into a fetus.
Tubal ligation reversal, on the other hand, requires a laparotomy, which needs a much bigger entry point on the abdomen, usually around four to six fingers long. Since the skin, each of the muscles, and different tissues of the stomach must be sliced through, there is extensively more uneasiness and a longer recovery time required after the surgery, when compared with a laparoscopic surgery, for example, with a tubal ligation.
- Sperm quality: The male partner needs a sperm test before basic procedures of either of the two. In case that the sperm quality is great, then the couple could consider proceeding. In case that the sperm quality is poor, in vitro treatment is the better alternative. With IVF, poor sperm quality is effectively overcome.
- Tubal status: The length of the remaining tubal stumps after tubal ligation is an important aspect. The more extended the two remaining stumps are on each side, the better and more effective is the pregnancy. The shorter the stumps, the lower are the odds for pregnancy.
- Status of other pelvic conditions: Pelvic endometriosis or any scar tissue in the range of the tubes or ovaries would diminish the chance for accomplishment after tubal ligation reversal. Although, IVF pregnancy achievement rates are usually not influenced by these conditions. Along these lines, in vitro fertilization is most likely a superior alternative in women with noteworthy endometriosis or pelvic scar tissue.
- Female age: Chances for pregnancy with either tubal ligation or IVF decrease in the mid to late thirties and significantly reduce at the age of thirty-eight. By age forty-three or forty-four, not many women will have the capacity to have a baby using either approach.
- Egg amount and quality: A few women have a decrease in either egg amount or quality prior in life than anticipated. In this manner, the woman’s ovarian capacity needs to be tested before a choice is made in regards to whether to continue with either tubal ligation or in-vitro fertilization. AMH levels, ovarian antral follicle number, and day 3 FSH levels are generally done to evaluate ovarian capacity or hold.
- Doctor intervention: The greatest favorable position of tubal ligation reversal over IVF is that once the woman has experienced the surgery she ideally will not require any medication through the doctor, for example, medications or systems, keeping in mind the end goal to get pregnant.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing.
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Ask your gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances.