Doctor in Dr. Prachi's Novacutis Skin Clinic
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Oily Skin
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Dull Skin
Treatment of Skin Lumps
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Pigmented Skin
Treatment of Scarred Skin
Skin Care Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prachi's Novacutis Skin ClinicYour feedback matters!
To look good is one of the best ways to help yourself feel good. With the help of the latest technology, we now have cosmetic solutions to our appearance related problems and these are available at numerous salon or in jars that can sit on our nightstand, ready for regular use. Yet, there are more long-term solutions with greater efficacy that one can get from a cosmetic surgeon. Facial implants are one such solution which can help us in many ways.
Here are the various benefits of facial implants.
- Augmentation: One of the main benefits of getting facial implants is that these will help in significantly augmenting your facial features, especially your cheeks. If you have a weak chin which seems slightly receding or too chubby cheeks, then this is a good cosmetic option which can help in giving better shape so that the features are well augmented with better definition and fullness. This will render a fine balance to your overall appearance and make your face that much more attractive as well.
- Reconstruction: Sometimes, we lose the shape and definition of our features to age and weight as well as other factors like a stressful lifestyle where eating and sleeping patterns are less than ideal. In such a scenario, we can reconstruct the facial features, restoring the contours and bringing back the original proportions of the face. This will make the features look like they really fit in with your face which gives a good appearance in the long run.
- Rejuvenate: These implants can also help in rejuvenating and adding a more fresh feel to your overall appearance. With the help of these implants, you can actually bring back the distinction between areas like the jaw and the chin, as well as the cheeks so that your face looks more well proportioned, well defined, and even younger.
- Correct deficiencies: If you have any facial deficiencies in terms of the contours as well as the definition of your features and the blend of the same, then you can turn to facial implants. These implants will help in better contouring in a way that will fix these imperfections in your jaw, chin and cheeks. This will give you a more polished look.
- Facial symmetry: One of the best benefits of facial implants is the fact that it renders greater symmetry to your face. After this procedure, your face will actually have features set in a proportionate line which creates a pleasing and perfect look. If you feel you cheeks are too large or your chin and jaw are literally merging in with each other, then a facial implant will help in bringing in greater symmetry for your face. These procedures are also quite quick to perform.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is a condition that causes discoloration and discolored patches to appear on the skin. The color of one’s skin is determined by the production of melanin in the body, and hyperpigmentation is caused by a disproportionate production of melanin. People of any race or skin color can be affected by this condition. The most common pigmentation problems are brown sun spots, melasma, age spots, and pigmented birthmarks. Pigmentation issues very depending on the natural colour of the skin. Treatments include fade creams, IPL, Elos Aurora, laser treatments like Fraxel Dual and in some cases biopsy or skin excision is required to exclude skin cancer such as melanoma.
Three skin irregularities caused by this condition are; Post Inflammatory hyperpigmentation, Lentigines (or sun spots) and Melasma.
- Treatment of brown sun spots: Many people have mottled brown spots, freckles and patches on their skin due to excess pigmentation. These are easily treated with medical grade Elos IPL or Fraxel Dual laser. There is a range of different causes of pigmentation. Treatments differ depending on what type of pigmentation is affecting your skin. The brown pigmentation is called melanin and is made by special cells in the skin called melanocytes. The main categories of pigmentation problem are freckles, age spots, (also called liver spots or sun spots) melasma and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Melasma: Women with a genetic predisposition to this condition or those with darker skin complexions and those who have a higher exposure to ultraviolet rays are most commonly affected by melasma. It is a condition that affects the areas of the skin that are most exposed to the sun. It involves female hormones and so women who are pregnant are generally affected by melasma. Melasma is blotchy areas of brown skin pigmentation on the face. Melasma, (also known as chloasma), appears as blotchy pale brownish pigmentation on the face, especially forehead, cheek and upper lip. It is more common on darker skin types. It is especially common in women aged 20-40 and is associated with pregnancy or taking the contraceptive pill or injection. It also happens in healthy, non-pregnant woman taking no medications and men using aftershave. Sun exposure following some cosmetics can cause a phototoxic reaction where the chemical substance absorbs UV light. The resulting pigmentation extends where sun and cosmetic use have coincided, for example down the neck, often more on the right side in countries that drive on the left. Melasma is more stubborn and unpredictable to treat than freckles or age spots because the melanocytes have become sensitized and continue to produce extra pigment with even the slightest hint of sun. Sun protection is an essential part of treatment. Melasma can be treated with Active FX Laser Resurfacing. It destroys up to 80% of melanin, efficiently, which is ideal for cases of melasma that cause excessive pigmentation of skin.
- Lentigines: Minute brown spots that appear on your face and body, which is the collective result of continuous exposure to the sun, photodamage or chronic sun damage, are called lentigines. The spots usually have a visibly distinct border and appear on areas most exposed to the sun such as the face and hands.
How is one affected by post inflammatory pigmentation?
If there is an excessive production of melanin in the body, it could then overflow to the surface of the skin; this is caused by an inflammation. Post inflammatory pigmentation is the formation of brown patches on the skin that are the result of infection, injury or other conditions. Patients who already have a skin problem are more likely to be affected by this condition.
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) occurs after injury to the skin from whatever cause and is far more prevalent in darker skin. PIH appears as a dark brown area over the area of the previous injury and is due to excess melanin being produced by melanocytes as a result of the inflammation. Typically PIH resolves over several months but can persist for 1-2 years and in some cases can be everlasting. Treatment is generally patience as it will resolve and treatments risk further inflammation and therefore further PIH. However hydroquinone can be useful in some patients and others benefit from mild treatments of Elos Aurora, IPL or Fraxel Dual laser.
Treatment of freckles
Freckles are small flat brown marks on sun exposed areas. The medical term is ‘ephilide’ and they are an accumulation of melanin in the surface skin cells (keratinocytes). The tendency to form freckles is inherited and is often seen in red heads and younger people. Freckles usually fade in winter and reappear in summer. They need no treatment except sun protection. They can also be faded by Elos IPL, but will reappear with sun exposure. No treatment can transform a skin which freckles, into one which tans evenly. Of course, further sun exposure can bring the freckles out again so it is very important to apply a good sunscreen following treatment to maximise results.
How does laser treatment help to remedy hyperpigmentation?
- Clear and Brilliant, Fraxel and Photofacial are three types of laser treatment that have been known to resolve hyperpigmentation.
- Short bursts of energy and heat are produced by the laser and aimed at the cells that have a concentration of melanin. The excess melanin from these cells is then broken down and destroyed with the help of the laser.
- Each case of hyperpigmentation varies, and their treatment varies on the extent of the condition as well. The treatment will be administered over a course of sessions.
Though these treatments are effective, one must always stay protected from damage due to overexposure to the sun, by wearing the sunscreen with the correct SPF and other sun gear.
With age, fat under the skin dissolves and causes significant volume loss. This can lead to the development of wrinkles, lines and other signs of aging on your face. Modern medicine has however, found a way to hide these signs of aging. A non-surgical facelift can fill these empty spaces under your skin to add volume to your face and help regain your youthfulness.
As the name suggests, a non-surgical facelift is non-invasive. It involves the injecting of dermal fillers into the affected area. This procedure should not take more than half an hour and shows almost instantaneous results. The most common areas where the filler is injected are the temporal hollows, cheek, submalar, nose, naso labial folds, marionette lines, oral commisure and chin and jaw line. This procedure has no major side effects. However, to be on the safe side, minimize touching the injection site for upto 2 weeks after the procedure.
There are three types of dermal fillers used for non surgical face lifts.
- Hyaluronic acid is the standard dermal filler used for such procedures. The affect lasts for 6 months to a year depending on the area it is injected into. The more the area covered, the shorter will be the duration of the benefit. Once the effects of the facelift begin to fade, the procedure will have to be repeated to maintain the youthful look. Hyaluronic acid is also said to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin.
- Synthetic fillers can also be used for a non surgical facelift. The effects of these fillers are more long-lasting and can maintain facial volume for up to 18 months. However, synthetic fillers can trigger the formation of lumps under the skin that will need to be surgically removed. The structure of the skin can also change with age, leaving odd shapes at the sites where synthetic fillers have been injected.
- The third type of dermal filler used is the patient’s own fat. Fat from another part of the body is extracted and then injected into the face to increase its volume. While the effects of this type of dermal filler can last for 5 to 10 years, there is also a possibility of the fat being reabsorbed into the body within a few months of the procedure. Fat transfer dermal fillers are also the most expensive type of fillers.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!