Doctors in About Face
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment of Oily Skin
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Dull Skin
Treatment of Skin Lumps
Mole Removal Procedure
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Submit a review for About FaceYour feedback matters!
Doctor I am having skin issue. My face is no more glowing and clear as it was 3 years back. please suggest me what to do.
Are you suffering from the problems of excessive hair fall or hair loss? Are you turning bald at a young age? Hair loss can have different reasons and causes. Sometimes, it is a symptom of a major disease. At times, hair loss is just due to hormonal issues. Whatever be the cause, excessive loss of hair leaves bald patches on your scalp. At times, they are really embarrassing for the person suffering from such hair problems. Though there are surgical methods like hair transplant and hair re-growth serum, the newest technology and treatment that people are interested in is the PRP treatment.
What is PRP?
PRP is also known as Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy. After several experiments and research medical practitioners have started making use of this therapy to help you grow back the hair that you have lost. The process of this therapy is extremely simple. It uses your own platelet rich plasma. This plasma is injected onto your scalp with the help of a thin needle. The main purpose is that the plasma reacts with the growing factors of the blood and helps the hair to grow naturally. This can be seen as a very natural procedure as your own plasma is used for treating your hair loss issues. It is carefully conducted by experts after several tests on your scalp and plasma. It is undertaken by trained professionals and thus is seen as a successful way of getting your hair back.
Advantages of PRP:
There are several advantages of this therapy. Some of them are explained below:
- It is one of the very few non-surgical procedures. It is effective in most cases and has been successful in providing desired results. It is also a very simple treatment to undergo and thus many choose it compared to transplants.
- Your recovery period is not very long and thus, after about a week’s rest you can go about living your life normally.
- It is a very safe procedure. Several tests are conducted prior to the implementation of this therapy. If complications are bound to arise, your medical practitioner would definitely inform you.
Thus, if you are experiencing excessive hair loss and severe balding of the scalp, this is one treatment that you can opt for. The advantages have been clearly outlined for your benefit. Furthermore, it is recommended that you visit your dermatologist before settling for any kind of treatment. They would assess your scalp condition and causes of hair fall and guide you towards the right treatment for your problems.
Hair loss may happen due to a variety of reasons including hereditary issues as well as aging and skin or scalp problems. A poor diet and inappropriate lifestyle choices like excessive drinking and smoking can also lead to hair loss. Many people also experience hair loss due to hormonal changes. Also, hair loss may happen as a side effect of certain types of medication as well as surgery related to cancer, which includes chemotherapy. Yet, genetic reasons for hair loss remain the most common cause when it comes to both men and women. Cosmetic procedures can often be used to fix severe hair loss issues.
Here is a list of cosmetic procedures available for the same:
- Hair Transplant: This procedure is also known as hair grafting and is often used to treat male pattern balding. This is an outpatient and relatively uncomplicated procedure that can be conducted at the clinic of a dermatologist surgeon. The process consists of the application of micro grafts where one or two hair can be contained in each graft. Strip grafts containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can also be applied in such a procedure. The doctor will usually administer local anaesthesia into the scalp so as to ensure that the patient feels minimum discomfort during the procedure.
- Scalp Reduction: In this procedure, the dermatologist surgeon will usually remove the skin which is not bearing hair any longer. The rest of the skin that is capable of growing hair will then be stretched across the scalp so that the bald area can be eliminated. This stretching action is done by loosening the skin of the surrounding area once the non-hair-bearing skin has been removed. In this method too, the doctor will first administer local anaesthesia.
- Flap Surgery: In this kind of surgery, the doctor will remove a section of the bald area and replace it with a flap of skin that is capable of sprouting hair. This hair bearing skin flap is positioned properly before being stitched into place during the surgery. While this is a challenging procedure, one will see immediate results as the remaining skin is still connected to the original blood supply that will promote hair growth for the flap as well.
- Laser Assisted Grafting: While there are many kinds of hair grafting techniques, laser assisted grafting is one of the most commonly used ones in today's day and age. Before the surgery, the doctor will prepare the area by trimming the donor area. This will allow easy application of and access to the grafts. Site holes will be closed with stitches which will in turn, be concealed with the hair that surrounds the area.
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing:
For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay, and also gum diseases at times.
1. Reduces the risk of heart diseases:
Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
2. Cleaner breath:
Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
3. Cleaner and glossier teeth:
Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
4. Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant:
During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
1. Waxed and unwaxed dental floss:
Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
2. Teflon Floss:
Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
3. Thread Floss:
This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
4. Tape Floss:
As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids maybe more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a tooth pick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!
How to keep armpit clean & clear. please advice any cream or lotion which can remove dark patches of my clean shaven armpit. Please suggest me.
There are so many reasons people get inked. For some, a tattoo is a form of expression for other, a reminder of incidents and people. Since a tattoo is permanent, it needs to be carefully thought about. Today, you may think having your girlfriend's name inked onto your skin is a way of declaring your love but what if tomorrow, you break up. Ex lovers names are probably the most common tattoos that people ask to be removed. Yes, tattoos can be removed but it isn't as easy as it sounds.
What makes a tattoo permanent is the depth the ink permeates to. Unlike writing on your skin with a pen, ink in a permanent tattoo is placed in the dermis. This layer of skin lies under the epidermis and cannot be easily accessed. Thus using a cream or ointment will not help you remove a permanent tattoo. It may help bleach the pigment slightly but will scar your skin leaving the area looking worse than it was before. Using an acid to remove tattoos is also not advisable as this will scar the skin.
The only way to effectively remove a tattoo without scarring is with laser treatment. The laser penetrates the skin and breaks up the ink particles. This makes the body's immune system recognize the ink as alien elements and removes them through the lymphatic system. This leaves the rest of your skin undamaged. Laser treatment to remove a tattoo is not a onetime procedure and may need to be repeated a number of times depending on the number of colours, size of tattoo and quality of ink used.
A single laser cannot be used to treat all the colours in your tattoo. Lasers of different wavelengths are used to remove different colours. Thus, the more colours in a tattoo, the longer it will take to be removed. In some cases, even with laser treatment, the tattoo cannot be completely removed and a shadow may remain. Fluorescent colours are the most difficult to remove. Laser treatment can also be used on any skin colour though it may take a few extra sessions to remove tattoos on dark skin. The location of your tattoos also plays a great role in determining how easy it will be to remove.
In most cases, removing a tattoo takes 5-12 laser treatment sessions. This can take from 6 to 12 months as the dermatologist will probably ask you to wait a month between sittings. Each laser treatment session is expensive and hence removing a tattoo is much more expensive than getting one. Hence, think before you ink.