Predmet 4 MG Tablet
Predmet 4 MG Tablet is primarily as an anti-inflammatory or immunosuppressant agent in the treatment of a variety of diseases including those of hematologic, allergic, inflammatory, neoplastic, and autoimmune origin. It is also used in the prevention and treatment of graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic bone marrow transplantation.
Predmet 4 MG Tablet is a steroid, which prevents the release of certain chemicals in the body that result in inflammation. The drug is quite effective in the treatment of a number of inflammatory health problems such as gland disorders, lupus, arthritis, psoriasis as well as ulcerative colitis.
It also treats various other inflammatory conditions of the lungs, skin, eyes, blood cells, stomach and nervous system of the body. Before you start the medicine the doctor needs to ensure:
- If the medicine is safe for the patient
- If you have allergies, overall fitness, and existing health problems
- If you have problems like hypertension, heart disease, kidney or liver issues, tuberculosis, pinworms, thyroid disorders, mental illness, epilepsy or epilepsy
The dosage of the medicine for adults may vary from 4mg to 48mg daily. In the case of children, the dosage is decided to depend upon the health of the patient and the condition that is being treated.
Certain precautions should also be taken to prevent side effects from aggravating. For instance, avoid grapefruit juice consumption. it is also advised that ‘live’ vaccines should not be taken when on this drug. Patients taking this medication can easily catch infections. Thus they should also avoid interacting with sick family members or friends.
Predmet 4 MG Tablet must be used with caution in patients with hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, nonspecific ulcerative colitis, hypertension, osteoporosis, thromboembolic tendencies, CHF, convulsive disorders, myasthenia gravis, thrombophlebitis, peptic ulcer, diabetes.
Because of the risk of adverse effects of Predmet 4 MG Tablet, systemic corticosteroids should be used cautiously in the elderly, in the smallest possible dose, and for the shortest possible time.
Following conditions can be restored by utilising this prescription
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medication lasts for a duration of 30-36 hours after an oral dose.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this tablet is observed within 30 minutes of medicine administration.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?In case of pregnancy, you must consult the doctor before consuming this medication.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?Breastfeeding women must consult doctor before using this medication.
Is It safe with alcohol?Consumption of alcohol must be avoided when you were taking Predmet 4 MG Tablet.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?This medicine might affect the consciousness of the patient, thus driving must be avoided.
Does this affect kidney function?This medicine is found to be safe in patient with kidney disease. Adjustment of dose is not needed.
Does this affect liver function?Limited information is available on the use of this medicine in patient with liver disease. kindly consult your doctor before taking this.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Predmet 4 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Are there any missed dose instructions?The missed dose can be taken as soon as you remember. However, the missed dose should be skipped if it is almost time for your next dose.
Are there any overdose instructions?Contact the doctor in case of an overdose.
It belongs to Glucocorticoids class of drugs. This medication works by binding the receptor and inhibits the release of inflammatory substances. Thus, helps in the treatment of inflammation or allergic disorders.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Medicine
- CYP3A enzyme inducer.
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, rifampin increase clearance of methylprednisolone.
- Potassium depleting diuretics enhance potassium depletion.
- Skin test antigens, immunizations decrease response and increase potential infections
- Methylprednisolone may increase circulating glucose levels and may need adjustments of insulin or oral hypoglycemics
Interaction with Disease
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding:This medication is used with caution in patients with gastrointestinal diseases. The risk of bleeding is more when taken for a long duration of time. Dose adjustments are to be made based on the clinical condition.
- Diabetes This medicine is used with caution in the patients with diabetes as it increases the blood glucose levels. Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is necessary. A suitable antidiabetic agent is prescribed based on the clinical condition.
- Others Use with caution in patients with hyperthyroidism, cirrhosis, nonspecific ulcerative colitis, hypertension, osteoporosis, thromboembolic tendencies, CHF, convulsive disorders, myasthenia gravis, thrombophlebitis, peptic ulcer.
Interaction with Food
- Consumption of grapefruit juice is not recommended when you are taking Predmet 4 MG Tablet. Inform the doctor if you experience any undesired effects.
- Should be taken after meals or with food or milk; limit caffeine; need a diet rich in pyridoxine, vitamin C, vitamin D, folate, calcium, phosphorus, and protein.
Ques: What is Predmet 4 mg tablet?
Ques: What is the use of Predmet 4 mg tablet?
Ques: What are the side effects of Predmet 4 mg tablet?
Ques: For what treatment Predmet 4 mg tablet used for?
Ques: How long do I need to use predmet 4 mg tablet before I see improvement in my condition?
Ques: At what frequency do I need to use predmet 4 mg tablet?
Ques: Should I use predmet 4 mg tablet empty stomach, before food or after food?
Ques: What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of predmet 4 mg tablet?
Important Information About Prednisolone- Drugs Bank [Internet]. drugsbanks.com. 2017 [Cited 15 May 2019]. Available from:https://www.drugsbanks.com/important-information-about-prednisolone/
Prednisolone- Drug Information Portal [Internet]. druginfo.nlm.nih.gov. 2019 [Cited 23 April 2019]. Available from:https://druginfo.nlm.nih.gov/drugportal/name/prednisolone
PREDNISOLONE- prednisolone tablet- Daily Med [Internet]. dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2007 [Cited 23 April 2019]. Available from:https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=a0eeec15-c76d-41df-80f3-5572c9857da6
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.