Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjib ChowdhuriYour feedback matters!
My skin is getting dull and dark day by day and a lot of pimples and spots are growing in my face. Help me to reduce it.
Ways To Prevent Hair Fall:
1) Say no to junk food:-
Your first step towards healthy hair is to switch to a healthy diet and exercise regime. Include protein rich food like wheat, oats, barley, maize and brown rice in your palette. Kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas and green peas are another great source of protein. Also, drink a lot of water as it not just keeps your skin healthy but also makes hair roots strong. Another important tip is not to indulge in crash dieting or starving yourself to reduce weight as it has a very harmful effect on your hair.
2) Get a hair massage:-
A good hot oil massage is the best treat that you can give to your hair. Rub hot oil into your scalp for at least one or two hours to restore the moisture of your tresses as this will replenish the hair roots and provide them intense nourishment. You can use massage your scalp with coconut, almond, neem, amla or olive oil.
3) Beat stress:-
Stress is a major factor that leads to hair fall. So, try to control it with meditation, yoga and breathing exercises.
4) General hair care:-
Avoid taking hot water baths as hot water opens the pores, making your hair follicles brittle leading to hair fall. Another thing to be kept in mind is to use a thick hair brush and not to comb your hair roughly if you are facing hair fall. It is also suggested that if you have long hair, then avoid tying your tresses in a bun all the time as this can also lead to hair fall as well. And finally, if you really love your hair then please avoid indulging in a lot of hair styling as it damages your tresses.
1) Lack of proper nutrition
3) Hormonal changes
5) Split ends
7) Prolonged illness
8) Medication like steroids
Home Remedies For Hair Fall:
1. Coconut Milk:-
Coconut milk is among the richest sources of tissue-nourishing, plant derivatives. Grind the grated coconut and squeeze it to remove its juice. Massaging coconut milk (juice) on the scalp can also help in the management of hair fall.
2. Aloe vera:-
Aloe vera gel for hair loss treatmentAloe Vera juice is very effective to stop hair loss. Pure aloe gel can be applied directly to the scalp. This is helpful for preventing hair loss due to irritated, dry or infected scalp. Aloe Vera balances the pH level of scalp. After massaging the head with aloe gel, wait for few hours and then wash the hair with lukewarm water. You should do this twice a week for best results.
3. Oil Massage:-
Hair scalp treatment at homeRegular massaging the scalp for a few minutes every day with lukewarm oil will lead to stimulation of blood flow to the scalp. Coconut oil helps in controlling hail fall. Other recommended oils are: Jojoba oil, almond oil, mustard oil, lavender oil. Jojoba oil is especially good because it replaces the sebum in the scalp. It also helps to control dandruff.
4. Neem Treatment:-
Neem treatmentNeem is one of the most sort after herbs on the country! It has many benefits, both health and beauty. And when it comes to beauty, it has some very effective hair benefits too.
How to use:Boil neem leaves in water until the water level falls to half its initial quantity and then cool it.
Rinse out your hair with the mixture once a week.
Hair growth with coconut oil Boil dried amla in coconut oil till the oil turns black in color. Massage your scalp with this oil. This is an effective and very easy home remedy to check hair loss.
6. Hair fall preventive packs:
When hair fall is really severe, then a preventive hair pack is the way to go. Here are a few packs, you can try at home.
Pack 1: Aloe Vera mixed with herbal Amla, shikakai and neem powder gives lustrous hair.
Pack 2: Henna, egg whites and curd when used together stops hair fall.
Pack 3: Honey, olive oil, cinnamon mixed together make for a soothing yet effective hair growth pack.
Useful Dietary Tips:-
1. Aloe vera: Take 1/3rd cup of aloe vera juice. Instead of this, you can also take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with a pinch of cumin thrice a day for 3 months for hair fall control.
2. Drink fresh juices of carrot, alfalfa, lettuce and spinach for aiding in hair growth.
3. Sesame seeds: A spoonful of white sesame seeds each morning can be a great source of magnesium and calcium. They are very effective hair loss checkers.
3. Yoghurt: Consuming yoghurt everyday reduces hair fall to a large extent. It is a trusted remedy for hair related problems.
4. Green leafy vegetables and fruits: No one can underestimate vegetables and fruits for preserving hair fall, as they are rich in fiber which are an excellent in preventing hair fall.
5. Vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, zinc, sulphur and some important fatty acids are very important to make the roots of your hair strong. You can find these nutrients in sprouts, yeast, buttermilk, nuts, milk, soy beans and whole grains. Include these in your diet and you can expect to reduce your hair fall in a few months.
6. Drink plenty of water. You do need to flush out the toxins that have accumulated in your body and drinking water is the best of doing it.
7. Alcoholic drinks have animosity with good hair so you should better avoid it.