Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Submit a review for Anupama HospitalYour feedback matters!
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combination of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands.
An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes. Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormality and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific blood purifiers are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the three Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Severe pain in the knee joints
- Pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- Pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- Joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- Pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Severe pain in the morning
- Mild fever accompanying the pain
- Joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- Sudden stiffness of the joints
- Pain that increases in cold weather
- Mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Dry needling, cupping, taping can help to control the pain and keep the joint supported.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy for knee arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions. The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting.
I have a gastric problem from past 3 years so everyday I am not interested to eat food and also I am not getting hungry if I trying to eat at the that I feel like vomiting. so please help me with that
I am having dizziness and little sensation in upper abdomen area. I could feel the dizziness passing from abdomen to eye. I am done with pelvic abdomen scan, eye testing and MRI scan everything was normal, my doctor diagnosed it to be gastric and gave me pantocid IT tablet for 7 days. Still my problem is not solved. What might be the problem? Please suggest. I am experiencing this post dengue fever.
For last 10 years I suffering from severe dandruff problem, now I starting to use ketoconazole ZPTO lotion. Which hair oil is better to daily use while using this twice a week.
Patient of Thyroid, high b.p. Stone in gallbladder, sits in uterus Taking amlong 5 & thyroxine 125 but my b.p is still 90 -140 around.
My I am suffering from hair loss problem and it ha not yet stop I think so. I met sum doctors and skin special and all. Now I was taken a step for transplant. But after watching the video of the doctor. I want to know the exact reason for hair loss. before I take a step for transplant or something else.
Hi, sometime I have a fair complexion and sometime its too dull. I used dipsalic n melacare creme but I heard its very harmful for skin so I just need to stop please suggest me any good creme for getting fair complexion and not side effect all the time.
Is normal skin can use betnovate c for dark complexion. Is it good r bad. I am using this from one month I didn't get any side effects. But it lightened my skin tone. Shall I continue this or it is harmful to skin.
What the best cure for vitiligo, Have tried creams and vitamins with not much success Please can you give us some latest treatment that would work.
Hi. I am suffering from ibs and mucus formation in my stomach due to which there is frequent urination. Also I have hypothyroid. I also have muscle pain all over my body .(muscle swelling. Tried medicines and exercises, gives me short term result. Can you recommend something for good results.
Dear sir, I was married 11 months back. Due to job we are in separate locations, but every weekend will meet and participate in sex, and planning for children, 2 months back I refer in Google getting fast pregnancy have to participate sex in 14th day of period cycle. Last 2 months I had met with my wife in 14th day only, but till there was no results. My wife mensuration cycle is 30 days. Now what will suggest to us? Please share.
I am facing acidity problem from last one month and getting verbs continuously from mouth. Feeling very low.
I am diabetic patient. Want to change. Planning for baby. But my hips is 7 kya its ok to conceive or what is the range of hbaic to conceive please tell I am taking medicine trajenta and diamicron.
Dear All, I am 24 male. And i'm suffering with Gastric and Stomach Bloating if I had little rice or fruits or else something i'm feeling like my stomach is full and stomach is coming front. I'm passing heavy air and getting bubs also. This problem I have last 11 months and I took allopathy but still i'm facing same issue please suggest me better tablets.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My husband is suffering with disc prolapse between l4 and l5. Due to this he has developed constipation and urinary disorder. Doctors suggest to get a surgery immediately. Please suggest what to do.
Eczema is a form of dermatitis, or inflammation of the epidermis. The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes which are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed lesions, although scarring is rare. In contrast to psoriasis, eczema is often likely to be found on the flexor aspect of joints.
Homeopathy takes a mild and gentle approach in treating eczema. Homeopathy treats eczema in two phases: in the first phase, homeopathic medicines control itching. In the next phase, they heal the lesions and control further progression of eczema. Homeopathic medicines also work wonders in case of eczema attended with complaints of hay fever and asthma. Prominent names in this category are graphites, sulphur, petroleum, mezereum and natrum mur. Homeopathic medicines for eczema are natural and therefore, safe from any adverse side-effects. They can be taken by persons of all age groups.
You can easily take an online consultation for further treatment guidance.