Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Submit a review for Anupama HospitalYour feedback matters!
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Sometimes when work I get rashes or redness between my legs and intimate parts. I used a lot of petroleum jelly. Is there something better I can use. This only occurs during summer and then I sweat.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hi. I feel pain on d right side of my lower back to the right side of my lower abdomen right down to my leg and I also felt a sharp pain when trying to pass a wind. Please help me out.
I am 28 year old and it's been three days there is a swelling with red tip in the lower portion of my left butt cheek. I think it's an abscess. I am feeling shy of going to a doctor. Can you tell me any cure of that. From yesterday blood with pus started coming out of the tip. Please help.
Getting pain in right side below my chest from last 3 days. I have applied volini but not get relief. Also took dyegine sherup. But not get relief. please give me a better solution for that
Hii.in my face more moles bt I want to remove bt how can I am totally fadeup with all this xo if you hve a medicine please tel me.
hi Mam mere body pain hoti hai legs mai bhot pain hota hai bilkul bhe body mai taakat nhi rehti mai kya karu. please help me
My husband hv shoulder pain frm 20 days, he is s/w engineer, he can not even sit in the office, how to cure pls suggest any medicine or exercise. please help me for that
Acne is a term used to define a broader category of conditions than pimples. The term is used to define skin diseases that involve sebum, keratinisation and bacteria. The condition varies from very mild acne to severe acne, which usually involves the cystic variety of the condition.
As for the percentage of the population affected by acne, this is invariably the most common skin condition that you can suffer from (95% of all people will suffer from this condition at some point of their lives). It is also the most stubborn skin condition in some cases.
Let’s take a look at some do’s and don’ts for an acne prone skin.
Here’s what not to do when you have acne:
1. Over washing – dirt and oil are not the only reasons for your acne it is multifactorial so excessive washing and cleaning will not only make your skin dry and dull but it also alters the ph of the skin and will make it more prone to breakouts.
2. Picking and squeezing – touching your face and specifically the areas affected will expose it to more bacteria, and more bacterial exposure can never be good for acne.
3. Over the counter products – using products indiscriminately can play havoc on your skin. Make sure you consult a good dermatologist to find the right products for you.
4. Avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen – avoiding moisturizer and sunscreen is a common habit amongst people suffering from acne which in turn leads to excessive dryness making skin more prone to tanning and acne marks. Consulting your dermatologist will help you find a suitable moisturizer and sunscreen for acne prone skin.
Some home remedies to try:
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful antibacterial that alkalises itself, not only that, it is also an astringent that dries up excess oil and makes it difficult for the bacteria to thrive.
How to use: take pure, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and mix one part with three parts water, take the mix on a cotton swab and apply it on the acne/blemish for 10 minutes once in the night daily.
2. Cinnamon and honey mask
Honey is a natural antibiotic and so is cinnamon and both these ingredients when mixed together, have a synergistic effect that helps you control breakouts.
How to use: mix 2 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to make a paste and apply on the affected area for 15 minutes.
3. Orange peel paste
Vitamin c is a natural astringent, apart from being that, it also helps in new cell growth and repair and maintenance.
How to use: take two orange peels and mash them in a grinder and make sure you make a thick paste, and apply it on your face for 20-25 minutes.
4. Banana peels
Banana peels contain a substance known as lutein, and this is an extremely powerful antioxidant that reduces swelling and inflammation.
How to use: make a banana peel and rub the inside of it in circular motions on the affected areas. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so and then wash.
Do you have acne that does not respond to treatment? have you tried everything and failed? or do you just want to do the smart thing and get professional help to nip the disease in the bud?
I am losing my hair very quickly. I went to one dermatologist but no effect. I did the blood test everything is normal. please suggest which shampoo to be used. And oil. please help me.
Imagine if you wake up in the morning and first thing you see is a red mark on your face. It can be inflammatory or non inflammatory or could be pimple or acne. Don’t panic, it can be cured if you bring some changes in your routine along with the on-going medication.
1. Emergency Acne Kit
Foremost thing that needs to be done, is to get connected with your dermatologist. He/She will guide you about the role of some medications and their usage in day to day to life.
It is not only one thing that contributes to healthy skin and you. It is a combination of good habits which can help you lead a healthy life.
2. Have a clear eating plan
ELIMINATE all high glycemic index foods whose numbers are above 70 such as refined products like pasta, white breads, biscuits, noodles, pizzas. Say “no” to fried cooking methods as well fried food items like chips, pakora(sounds very yummy, trust me its nutritional value is zero). Limit the intake of too much sugar and sugar sweetened beverages, they just add unwanted fat to your lifestyle , ultimately it can add bad effect to your skin in the form of acne, pimples , dull skin etc.
ADD low glycemic index so that it won’t spike your blood sugar fast. Add more of home cooked meals made up of whole grains , cereals like used more “atta plus fiber” based options like if you are still craving for bread, opt for multigrain. Try to choose healthy food ingredients.Include 2 to 3 servings of vegetables and fruits in your diet.
ADD Antioxidants like more of vitamin C, E,. Rich sources of vitamin C are oranges, amla, green chilies, broccoli, lemons, papaya, strawberries and some more green vegetables. Nuts, seeds , fish contain good amount of vitamin E.
ADD good fat in your diet - omega 3 fatty acids. They are present in seeds, nuts, various oils like olive oil and mustard oil.
Try to include low fat dairy products in diet. Probiotic curd is a good option as it contains good bacteria which is healthy for your stomach that can help you with skin breakouts.
3. Keep yourself hydrated
Keep sipping water throughout the day. It should not be more or less. The recommended level is 10 -12 glasses in a day. Fluids could be plain water or green tea.This will make your skin supple, clear and free of toxins.
My baby has 20 months can she walked all dry fruits and nuts like pine nuts, Brazil nuts, berries, walnut, will be helpful for me please help me
Hi, Mere husband ki age 35 hai. Unki endoscopy hui thi. Jisme Duodenal Ulcer nikla hai, Mai ye janna Chahti thi kis type ki diet se ye jaldi thik ho sakta hai ya kya precaution lene chahiye. please help me for that
Some heart defects are present right from birth. We discuss the role of your genes in making you vulnerable to heart disease.