Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nagendra Prasad
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nagendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir I have a four years daughter. After my daughter was born, my wife is is having pain in forearms and fingers and same way lower legs and fingers. As we suspect this may be result of poor diet after delivery. Can you pls suggest something remedial?
Hi. My baby is 47 days old. Morning time she never sleeps. She sleeps only in night for 5-6 hours. But if I wake her in between for feeding she is not sleeping after that. But if I don't not wake her she sleeps continuously for 6 hours also. Please advise if can I leave her to sleep continuously for 5-6 hours?
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory skin disease that most commonly affects children during their first year of life. This is also commonly noted in older children and occasionally in adults. This disease causes severe itching that many a times leads to skin infection. These rashes are commonly seen over the scalp, neck, cheeks and face. As the child grows older and also in adults, the rashes mainly appear in body creases and folds.
The exact cause of atopic dermatitis is still under research but it is believed that people with the following are at risk of getting atopic dermatitis-
- Dry itchy and scaly skin
- Redness and rashes
- Scratching and itching
- Appears bumpy and develop knots in thickened areas
If left untreated, atopic dermatitis may results in:
- Asthma and hay fever: More than half of the children with atopic dermatitis develop asthma and hay fever by age 13.
- Chronic itchy, scaly skin: Atopic dermatitis can cause the affected skin to become discolored, thick and leathery.
- Skin infections: Repeated scratching that breaks the skin can cause cracks and open sores. These increase the risk of infection.
- Irritant hand dermatitis: This especially affects people whose core work requires their hands to be wet and exposed to detergents, harsh soaps, and disinfectants.
- Sleep problems. The itch-scratch cycle can result in poor sleep quality.
It’s important to visit the dermatologist for treatment to control the disease and prevent it from worsening. Treatment includes medicines to control itching, reduce skin inflammation (redness and swelling) and clear infection.
The dermatologist will also suggest lifestyle modifications which are very important to manage the disease.
Tips for people with dermatitis-
Ways to ease discomfort :
- Make sure the humidity and temperature levels are comfortable.
- Apply moisturizer twice daily to make sure the skin does not get dry and cracks.
- Enquire your doctor about how to use wet wrap therapy and its effects.
- Make sure your child’s finger nails are cut short and smooth.
Bathing care -
- Bath your child with warm water not with hot water and make sure you complete the bath within 5-10 mins.
- Just pat the skin after bath with soft cotton towels and don’t make it dry completely.
- Apply the medicine if advised after bath. Make sure you apply the medicine before the skin gets completely dry.
- Apply moisturizer over the medicated skin.
- Avoid bubble bath and prefer bleach bath every two days if the skin gets infected.
Choosing right clothes-
- Uses limited amount of detergents to wash the clothes.
- Rinse the clothes with adequate amount of water and dry it completely under direct sunlight.
- Wash new clothes with plain water before wearing to your child to remove excess dyes and fragrances.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Children are constantly complaining of running noses and flus. This is part of their process of strengthening immunity and hence every child must go through this phase. Prescribing antibiotics every time a child sneezes worsens the situation by weakening their immunity. Hence, when it comes to children, homeopathy is an excellent form of treatment. Homeopathy can be prescribed to children of all ages.
Homeopathy addresses the physical, mental and emotional characteristics of a child and addresses the root of the problem. Though it has negligible side effects, apart from a few homeopathic medicines, it is always a good idea to consult a homeopathic practitioner before administering medicine to a child. Some homeopathic medicines that are commonly prescribed for children’s problems are:
Aconite- This is used to treat the sudden onset of any illness or any illness in its early stages. Aconite is most often prescribed to treat flu and common colds. It can also be used to calm a child in case of sudden shock or fright.
Arnica- Children are constantly falling and bruising themselves and arnica is the best first aid. Arnica can be ingested in pill form or applied topically in cream or gel form. It is useful for bruises, sore muscles, burns and black eyes but should never be applied topically over broken skin.
Calcarea Carbonate- This is used to treat ear infections and colds that are a result of exposure to cold weather. It can also be used to treat babies who perspire excessively from their head and complain of heat and pulsating sensations in their ears.
Chamomilla- This homeopathic remedy is ideal for restlessness, caused by teething, ear troubles, colic etc. It can also be used to treat bedwetting and diarrhoea. A cup of chamomile tea before going to bed can also help a child sleep well.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to calm nervous and whiny children who alternate between extreme happiness and sadness. It is also efficient when it comes to treating ear aches that become worse at night and colds accompanied by yellow or yellow-green mucous discharge.
Sulphur- Sulphur is used to treat earaches accompanied by perspiration and redness of the ears. It can also be used to treat skin problems such as scaly skin and acne eruptions. Irritable children who complain excessively after having a warm bath or getting out of a warm bed can also be calmed with sulphur. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.