Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D. Ravisekhar Reddy
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. D. Ravisekhar ReddyYour feedback matters!
Sir I am in diabetic since last 12 yrs. I am taking four different tablets for sugar. Insulin injection or tablet is better?
I am 50 years old having diabetes problem for 12 years is there any effective ayurveda medicine for this.?
One month back my father having chest pain and fever. Blood samples analysed and Echo carried out. In that heavy pericardial effusion seen. For next 3 days water evacuated from chest and around 1000 ml water evacuate. Its sample analysed and ADA 63 reported in forms of tuberculosis and no malignant cells seen. CT scan also carried out. And tuberculosis treatment started. In start, His blood sugar increased to 450 and now its normal to 150-200. At present he is taking R Cinex and Benadon tablets. I want to know if this treatment is OK or should I walk to other doctors. I can share all reports if you need. Is there any chances of any other disease apart from tuberculosis. At present his right hand paining very much and its almost one month but he is still feeling weak.
Diabetes is a chronic progressive condition of glucose abnormality. A patient with diabetes loses the capacity to regulate his blood glucose and hence there are high circulating levels of glucose in his blood. This is either due to less production of insulin hormone or the body loses the sensitivity to respond to the insulin hormone normally or both. The incidence of diabetes in general population is increasing fairly rapidly due to our erratic work schedule followed by lack of exercise and sleep.
Further, it is aggravated by our overindulgence in high sugary food and junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes (at least in the initial stages) by following some simple dietary tips. People have a misconception that “Dieting = Starving “. This is completely wrong. Further people also think that to enhance the taste of any dish it should have lot of oil, ghee, butter. This is again wrong. You can make your dish delicious even by using healthy ingredients and reducing the fats, oil and sugar in it. You can enhance the taste by using spices which are good for health as well as for digestion. Following a healthy diet means that you are eating nutritious food which is both healthy and tasty.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check:
- Include plenty of vegetables in your diet, more the better. At least half of your plate should be filled with vegetables; this can be in salad form or can also be in form of curries/subzi which is prepared using less oil. Eating vegetables helps to bulk you up, you do not feel hungry and thus you would not be consuming high-calorie food like fats or carbohydrates. Vegetables have plenty of fibre. Eating vegetables also help to release the glucose from carbohydrates slowly so that your blood glucose levels do not fluctuate much. Green leafy vegetables are excellent sources of Vitamin-A. Beans are rich sources of protein too.
- Carbohydrates are needed for your body; you derive the necessary energy from these carbohydrates. But you should consume them in a portion of about 1/3-1/4th of your plate – in other words, 2-3 phulkas, a bowl of rice etc. Use whole grains rather than polished grains. Whole grains of rice, wheat will release glucose into your blood in a slower fashion than polished rice or wheat. Whole grains also have much needed essential vitamins and minerals, the polished grains lose these vitamins during the process of dehusking and polishing. Include plenty of millets like jowar, bajra, Ragi/pearl millets etc. Include oats, quinoa, brown rice, broken wheat, wheat rava, etc. Avoid food items made with maida.
- Make sure you eat pulses. Pulses are a good source of protein. Sprouts are filled with protein and fibre. Try adding sprouts to your rice, noodles or salads. Non-vegetarian food is a very good source of protein. You can take egg, chicken and fish. Avoid mutton or organ meat.
- Restrict animal fats like butter, cheese. Also, restrict large quantities of oil and ghee. Avoid Vanaspati/dalda.
- Milk is the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels. Take a glass of milk when you experience low sugar symptoms. People who don't drink milk can consume yoghurt/curd or buttermilk. Milk, curd and buttermilk are good sources of calcium.
- Consume fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava, small bowl of musk melon, water melon, apples, etc. Don’t eat fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, custard apple, chikoo.
- Foods which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent in combating diabetes. These include flax seeds and nuts. You can take 5-7 nuts everyday like almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts etc.
There are few everyday tips which you should follow:
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high-fibre and low in carbohydrate foods. This is to make sure that you do not experience low sugar levels as you would be taking medicines for your diabetes.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds are good for glucose control too. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan:
- First and foremost, take small, manageable steps.
- Choose one aspect you want to work on. For e.g. if you eat junk food 4-5 times a week, make a conviction of consuming junk food only once a week. After you have mastered this, then go for another aspect. This is to make sure that you are not overwhelmed with the prospect of lot of changes and that you can take pleasure in the fact that you could make one positive change. This will provide you enthusiasm to likewise make other changes.
- The mantra that you should be following should be “small portions of food”. So instead of helping yourself to 3 ladoos or 2 bowls of kheer, you should limit yourself to 1 ladoo or ½ ladoo. That way you will still derive the pleasure of eating the ladoo (and satisfy your craving) but you would not have consumed that many calories as you would have done if you had eaten 3 ladoos.
- As well as following a diet, make sure that you get some exercise. It is recommended to exercise at least 45 minutes every day for 5 days of the week. You can go on fast walk, running, jogging, cycling, swimming etc.
- You can even break your exercise time into small chunks – maybe you can exercise 15 minutes 3 times a day. If you have never exercised start with 5-10 minutes of walking, you can then gradually increase the intensity of the exercise.
What is the symptoms for diabetes. I am 33 yrs old. How to find it. What type of food should take. What foods should avoid?
Diabetes is basically a disorder of the metabolism causing excessive thirst and the production of large amounts of urine. To further elaborate one need to understand the role of insulin in the body. While eating, the body turns food into sugar or glucose. At that time pancreas is supposed to produce the right amount of insulin to move the glucose from our blood into our cells. In diabetics, the pancreas either produces little or no insulin, or the body cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Due to this, glucose levels rise in the blood, floods into the urine and passes out of the body, making the body lose its main source of fuel. Diabetes is of many types, but the most common is Type 1 and Type 2.
How to treat Diabetes:
Controlling blood sugar level is the major goal of diabetes treatment, in order to prevent complications of the disease. Treatment may be in Allopathy or Homeopathy, conventional medicine often uses insulin itself in the treatment of diabetes. Since this is kind of replacement, so diabetes becomes a life-long disease. Homeopathy can be used effectively in the treatment. Let’s see how diabetes can be worked with Homeopathy.
Diabetes & Homeopathy
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time.
If the general health is poor, it can be very difficult to achieve good control.
Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar. The commonly used remedies are Uranium Nitricum, Phosphoric Acid etc. These are classical homeopathic remedies.
Depending on the level of the blood sugar and the requirement of the patient, doses are given with doctor’s consultation. It’s a holistic approach in medicine. This treats the patient taking into consideration the mental, emotional and physical peculiarities of the person who is affected with this state. In this, it is considered that the disease is a mere deviation in life force and hence all the efforts are to correct this disorder. The treatment will be to bring into balance the various systems involved in diabetes, for example, pancreas, hormones, and your immune system. Treatment will again be different if you have other ailments along with diabetes.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
I want more time in sex. But recently only few seconds I enjoy. One year back I have indifey blood sugar. Regular I used medical. Present before breakfast 150 to 200. So please suggest any medical advice in sex long time.
The dreaded diabetes is best treated by preventing it. Since we have not found a cure, that is yet.
The best prevention for diabetes is to have a proper diet as per your genetic family pattern and an active life.
Everyone has a family tradition of cooking and choice of food. Inherently our body is prone to accept and digest these foods better than newly acquired food and eating patterns. So stick to your way of eating and eat in short intervals and avoid man made foods.
Since diabetes is all about problems with insulin - either no production or less production or no utilisation, it is best to help the body in reducing the load on insulin. Activity helps in burning carbs and thereby reducing work to be done by insulin.
Go ahead. Eat well and stay active to keep away diabetes!