Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Ankush PrakashYour feedback matters!
I'm 49 years old man. My Uric acid level was high. Due to that I'm taking" Bencid 500mg" every day for the last 8 years. Prior to that I was taking" Zyloric" I'm suffering it for the last 20 years. For the last 7 years, I'm also suffering uncontrolled night discharge during my sleep. Is there any relation between" Bencid" and night discharge? Is there any solution to get rid of uncontrolled night discharge during sleep?
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
My father is suffering from frequent urination and he is diabetic patient insulin based. Please suggest me medicine to stop urination which is frequent.
My weight is 97 and suffering from hypothyroidism I have done everything to loose weight but in vain now problem I am facing is knee pain severe pain I can't sleep also because of pain I can't go for walking because of pain please suggest me some remedies or tabs.
My mother is 43 years old and she is suffering from diabetes and wanted to know What is the reason behind getting diabetes other than eating sweets. And what to eat and what not to eat in diabetes?
1. Keep the feet clean and dry
2. Wear well fitting soft shoes- keep one for outdoors and one for indoors
3. Never walk barefooted
4. Avoid injuries and burns
5. Nails should be cut properly with nail cutter only, avoid nail pairing
6. Good glycemic control
7. Daily inspection of a foot by self or a responsible relative/helper daily
8. Prompt consultation with a good surgeon/ chiropodist whenever any lesion or injury detected
I am diabetic since 10 years and taking human mixtard. morning 30 units and night 13 units. Can I leave this and go for ayurvedic. please suggest some medicine. .and if any advance treatment. .aqq.
I am 42 years old and I have hypothyroid since 3 years. I have taken thyronorm 25 mg but now tsh value is 9.93 and & I have so many side effects like neck pain irregular periods muscle sprain difficult to talk, hairloss, tension, tiredness, laziness etc, how can I reduce the level and if any way to cure in Ayurveda pls giv me the suggestions.
Respected Dr. Can you please tell me any ayurvedic medicine or appropriate diet for a heart attacked patient. Who is also a diabetic.
Say no to soft drinks like cola etc
No to fast junk food
No to maida preparation like samosa etc
Have good amount of fruits n vegetable avoid red meat
Plenty of water
If you can avoid excessive sugar preparation.