Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Management of Smoking Cessation
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Sex Addiction Counselling
Wilson's Disease Treatment
Well Woman Healthcheck
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Submit a review for Doctors HubYour feedback matters!
Cystic acne is a serious form of acne, which is characterized by deep, inflamed acne breakout. Red cysts are developed under the surface of the skin, which cause great pain. Cystic acnes are not only painful, but also affect your appearance and self-confidence.
Hence, effective steps should be taken to get rid of them. Here are 6 effective remedies to treat cystic acne.
- Do not pop: Avoid popping the acne which appear on your skin. Cystic acnes should never be popped because of their depth and popping or squeezing will make them worse. The more you touch them, the more they tend to worsen, and permanent scars may be left.
- Ice: Applying ice cubes directly to the acne affected area for some time constricts the blood vessels in the cyst. By applying ice, the size and redness of the acne get reduced.
- Proper skin care: You should maintain a simple skin care routine and avoid scented moisturizers. Before applying any lotion, ensure that your skin is clean and exfoliated. Use oil free and non-scented moisturizers.
- Do not get obsessed: Avoid spending hours looking at the cystic acne in the mirror. The more obsessed you, the more negative thoughts will come into your mind, making you feel even worse.
- Towels and pillowcases: Do not let other people use your towels and pillows. Abstain from washing these items with strong detergents and use natural, non-scented laundry products. Change your pillowcases and towels regularly.
- Diet: In case of cystic acne, you should take several diet precautions. Cut down the use of dairy products, excessive sugar, grain products and caffeine. Fried food and fast food should be avoided as well.
For better healing of cystic acne, you should consume probiotic rich foods, foods high in zinc, protein and fiber. You can consume several supplements as well, such as probiotics, zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Relax: Stress makes the condition of cystic acne worse. You should undertake relaxation techniques to reduce stress as hormones released due to stress can make the acne worse. You should try natural stress relievers.
- Sleep: Having proper sleep at night regularly improves your health and reduces inflammation due to cystic acne.
- Exercise: Regular exercise benefits the lymphatic system and detoxifies the body. Your mood and self-esteem are improved, which have been hampered due to acne.
- Essential oils: Essential oils such as lavender and tea tree help in treating cystic acne. With anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, these oils are effective and can be applied to the acne directly.
Cystic acne is a severe form of acne, which requires proper care and treatment. Several simple remedies can be used to treat the same.
Do you like to eat processed foods, and gorge on them a lot to stay away from cooking? It is important for you to know that processed foods are bad for your health and it is best that you avoid consuming them. Although all food items we eat are mechanically processed in certain ways, chemical processing, which is the primary feature of processed food items, is hazardous for your health.
Here are the major reasons why you should not eat processed food items.
- Processed food contains high amounts of sugar and fructose corn syrup: It is a known fact that excessive consumption of sugar in any form is not good for your health. Processed food products are loaded with sugar in huge amounts and also contain high fructose corn syrup, which is equally harmful in excess. Sugar basically has empty calories, which contain no important nutrients. Sugar also has dreadful effects on your body metabolism and may lead to high triglycerides, increased cholesterol levels, insulin resistance, and excess accumulation of fat in your abdominal cavity and liver.
- Processed food is hyper rewarding in nature and over consumption gets likely: Processed food items, because of their high content of sweet and fat, become a sort of addiction for many people. The reward centers of your brain acknowledge them, and as a result, you develop a constant craving for such food stuff.
- Processed food contains harmful artificial ingredients: It is likely for you to not understand the names of ingredients, which processed foods are made of. This is because of the reason that maximum of these ingredients are not actually natural, but are artificial chemicals which get added for several purposes such as preservation, maintaining aroma and much more. These chemicals are associated with several harmful effects on your health. The common ingredients of highly processed foods include the following:
- Chemical preservatives for preventing processed food from rotting
- Chemical colourants, which induce attractive and unique colours to processed foods
- Chemical flavors for giving specific flavours
- Texturants for proving a particular, specific texture to processed foods
The hyper rewarding nature of processed food can lead to severe consequences in many people. It is possible for you to become addicted to processed foods, and lose total control over your consumption rate. This problem of addiction to processed fast foods is a major problem in today’s world. It is an important reason for obesity, which is a prominent health concern today all over the world.
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and adolescents. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are esthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for complete removal of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist cloths and a good moisturizer can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Completed in one appointment
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other acne therapy modes
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!!
Hello Doctor, My wife is pregnant and third month is already completed. Actually from last 15 days she is complaining about Vomiting. Whatever she ate it comes out and because of that she is feeling weakness and tired ness. I am bit worried is this normal or should I give any medicine to her which was prescribed by Gynecologist. Addition to the above point also would like to know is she can travel or not? As she is in Hyderabad and my job is in Bangalore. Thank you so much in advance.
Sir main bhaut dino se sex related problem face kar Raha hun main jaise hi penetrate karta hun mera sperm Nikal jaata hai mujhe samajh nahi aa raha kya karun phele Aisa nahi tha abhi maine Jim join kiya uske baad ye problem chalu hui mere bacche nahi hai par mujhe lagta nahi hai ki ab main baap ban sakta hun please meri help kijiye mujhe foreplay main problem nahi hai par jaise hi penis pe pressure padta hai ejaculate ho jata hai please help me.
Hii doctor I have suffering from premature ejaculation and my penis is not so hard so please suggest me what should I do. Can I take himalaya confido tablets if I take so please tell me about daily dosage.
I feel less of erection lately though I am a healthy man of 48 years and have had a very active sexual life. Lesser erection is causing stress as I am not able to enjoy the goodness of sex frequently.
Sir, My question is that some time I feel shoulder pain (right hand) day or night. How can I solve this shoulder pain. Pl.suggest some Homeopathy medicines, Yours faithfully (Arun Kr. Dutta)
Suffering from antral and body erosive gastritis. Doctor had told me to take nexpro kit for 2 weeks. After taking clarithromycin and amoxicillin pain and burning starts to occur in my stomach. When will I recover completely from this disease. Swallowing nexpro kit medicine for the last 01 week.
My age is 20, In earlier days I was scratching pimples on my face badly like anything, I would get to see white coloured substance when I popped it, so due to that now I am facing face full of black marks on my face looks more awkward and more pimples are badly spreading on both sides of nose ,so pls I want have clear face because I have fair complexion, so for this today I bought, still not used "ACNESTAR gel"(clindamycin & nicotinamide gel) is it right one to cure my face marks and pimples on my face ,if not please do suggest me home remedies to cure this as fast as I can, and I have doubt that is that all pimples coming because I am fatty is that yes?
Why is my 18 year old girlfriend is having irregular periods? Please help us with a remedy doctor Thanks.
As we all know that now a days there is a huge hair fall among students. And one among it. So how can we grow our hair.
I am feeling pressure behind my eyes and little headache also .What are the reasons and treatment for this?
Hi. I am unable to conceive m trying since 8 months n I had a scan n doctor has said that you r suffering from polycystic ovary n gave ginette tablets for 2 months n said it wil b cured. N said after that you wil conceive faster. Is this advice correct.
Urinary incontinence is a common problem that afflicts many adults around the world. Stress related urinary incontinence is a fairly common problem that afflicts many as well. This form of incontinence is usually caused by physical activity, which exerts pressure on the bladder and may cause the leakage of small amounts of urine.
Triggers and Symptoms for stress urinary incontinence:
In terms of urinary problems, stress is used to describe physical problems in particular and not mental stress. So the triggers or risk factors of it could be any of the following:
- Sexual activity
This form of urinary incontinence is very common in women who are older or have already been through menopause. It may also be common for women who have recently given birth or are pregnant. The urethra or the bladder may become prone to external stress and then involuntarily leak out some urine.
The causes can be quite varied from patient to patient but are primarily attributed to the weakening of the pelvic muscles, bladder or the sphincter. If any of these muscles open involuntarily due to physical stress, it leads to urine leaking out. Some of the causes which may lead to this are:
- Pregnancy and childbirth: Pregnancy or childbirth related problems may cause damage to the urethra or sphincter during childbirth; leading to stress urinary incontinence.
- Surgery of the prostate: Another common problem, especially with men, is with surgical interventions to correct prostate problems.
- Menopause: Many older women often complain about stress incontinence after menopause due to the weakening of the muscles.
- Pelvic surgery: Any surgery to the pelvic area or illnesses which may cause the muscles to become relaxed or act involuntarily due to external stress, may cause incontinence.
- Weakening of the pelvic muscles: Certain illnesses may cause the pelvic muscles to become weak and thus cause the sphincter as well as the bladder to react involuntarily. UTIs or urinary tract infections have also been known to cause incontinence due to the same reason.
- Obesity: Obesity has been known to put stress on many of the bodily systems and it may affect the bladder and the urinary sphincters as well.