Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Ms. Juhii SharmaYour feedback matters!
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.
I can't be able to concentrate in my studies, I feel like no one is there to help me, life is becoming useless, I feel like helpless.
I smoke a lot. And I want to quit now and I want to get back my health like before I smoke. How do I get back my health.?
I am 25 yr old male. I am in 1 sided love. When I am with her, I feel like i'm wasting my time but when because with me I fell restless all the time. So in these days my mental condition very bad. Please help me what should I do?
I have problem of night fall and depression please suggest me some tips and also hearing low and problem to see from right eye I am unable to see.
I get sudden fear, my heart beats faster, I wake up in the morning with anxiety. I cannot work peacefully. I am worried. Please advise.
I am male age 24 years. I want to stop smoking. I tried many times but I cannot stop it. Please help me.
Hello doctor,i have a long medical history. I used to have headache all the time of the day so i started taking pain killers and then after few months thet became ineffective. Also I gained a lot of weight abruptly inspite of proper diet. Dan i saw a neurologist he prescribed me with topiramate for migraine. It has also become ineffective. N now i experience heat flashes, insomnia, depression, n inability to lose weight. Also i experience low blood pressure and kind of swelling or water retention all over the body.What is the possible cause for all this.Is there any hormonal problem or something else as I have gone through the thyroid test and it came normal.Please suggest wat tests should i get done?
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
How control stammering at the age of 34, suggest a preferable ayurvedic medicine or homeopathic medicine.
Hello Dr. Mujhe stress rhta h bht jyada jiske liye Dr. ne mujhe depression bhi rhta h Dr. ne mujhe prothodin 75 mg dee h jis se mujhe relief nhi ho rha h pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye mujhe rat ko neend bhi nhi aati h Pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye Mujhe family or business problems ki wajah se ye rhta h Meri age 36 years h Pls mujhe koyi achhi medicine btaye I will be thankful to you.
Cigarette smoking is a leading preventable cause of mortality. It kills more than 60 lakh people worldwide every year. More than 50% of regular smokers would invariably die from tobacco-related illnesses which includes heart attack, cancer or asthmatic lung diseases.
31st May is ?World No Tobacco Day?
Quitting smoking before the age of 40 is associated with larger decline in premature death than stopping it at a later date. Best age therefore to stop smoking is before 40.
However, stopping smoking even after the age of 50 is still associated with lower risk of death as compared to those who continue to smoke. Even in smokers aged 80 years or more, quitting smoking appears to reduce some mortality.
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of all cardiac deaths.
Hello Doctor my mother has a mania problem which made a fall in her confidence and will power too. Now she became more in fear for everything to touch to start to take or to have to buy to use. As she knows that whatever she does is wrong and not to do it but still she continues because she don't have any control on her feelings and thoughts like before. For this she has lost so many Kgs or weight her present weight became 35 to 40 only her age is now 56 means she just look like a skeleton only after this problem. Prescribe me the best homeopathic medicine ever. Which will give her help her to overcome from tensions, scares, non-stop unmeaningfull thoughts, and get back her confidence and will power. That is the two thing she needs and wants the most. Kindly help her to get the normal life like before. Thanking you.Please tell.
Motor restlessness like unable to sit in a place, fidgeting etc,
Headache, neck pain.
Constant worries and always having the feeling of stand in edge.
Palpitations, tremor, sweating frequently.
Difficulty in sleep.
Fear of -something bad will happen.