Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Ashu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi, my husband met an accident last year and he got deep cut in his artery of left hand wrist at the base of thumb. It was operated and there are 7-8 stitches. Now sometimes he has pain in his whole hand starts from shoulder to wrist. Is it becoz he is fitness freak nd does weight lifting in gym? Please advise.
In order to know the benefits of abhangya, it is important to understand what exactly abhangya is. We do, at times, massage ourselves unconsciously. However, the practice of massaging oneself from head to toe with nice and warm oil lovingly is known as abhangya. According to Ayurveda, like being loved by another person, abhangya too provides individuals with a deep sense of stability. Ayurveda states that daily practice of abhangya helps in restoring the balance between the three doshas of our body - the pitta dosha, kapha dosha and vata dosha.
Ayurveda states that the individuals who practice this self massage technique regularly become vey less affected and even less subjected to accidental injuries. These individuals also tend to become charming and very less affected by age. Now that we have discussed a bit of what abhangya is, here is a list of the benefits that come with it.
- This self massage technique helps in nourishing the body and slowing down the ageing process considerably.
- This technique helps is bestowing individuals with good vision.
- This process helps in stimulating the internal body organs and increases and improves blood circulation. This results in lesser blood pressure and a healthier body.
- This technique helps in imparting a sort of firmness to the limbs and hands, thereby strengthening the body’s tolerance.
- This technique also benefits the skin. Well, the thing about our body is each organ in our body is interrelated with each other. So when any one organ starts working perfectly, everything else follows suit. It has been seen that this technique helps impart a sort of tone and vigour to the tissues of the body itself.
- Abhangya helps pacify the vata and the pitta doshas.
- If applied to the scalp, it helps in growing luxurious, soft, thick and really glossy hair.
- This is also said to reduce wrinkles on the face.
- When applied to the ears, stiffness of neck and jaw can be eased.
We have discussed how this practice benefits us, but here are some of the situations when we aren’t supposed to perform abhangya.
- During menstrual cycle
- During pregnancy
- In swollen or painful areas
- Over skin that has any sort of rash or infection
- During any acute illnesses
- During any health condition until and unless the doctor said that it was perfectly fine to do abhangya
All in all, Abhangya is a process that should definitely be carried out for personal well-being.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a job. In this I have loss my weight and I cannot increase my weight so give me tips of increase weight.
I am 57 years old. My weight is 65 kgs. I am active and I do morning walk every day. I am healthy but my face is very dull and narrow. How can I get a fuller face if not a chubby one?
By birth I am having one kidney. It in good condition. Pls suggest me Which type of diet. Can I take. & which should avoid. For kidney health.
I had a 1 and half year baby and after delivery I had a weight loss of 8 kgs and I am feeling very week, may I get a solution for This?
Hi. How do I reduce my tummy. It's growing day by day. Apart from cycling and running is there any other way to reduce it. I have a very controlled diet plan. Pleas help.
What should be the balanced diet for veg persons. What a veg person should eat in 6 meals to be active and fit.
I have been gaining, lost my weight and have become thin but still there is lot of fat in my body and around my belly due to genes, how to get rid of this fat and add some mass, suggest some supplements for good results.
Hello I am 20 year old boy. I am studying in college. For the past few days I am having a pain in my neck, I have tried everything to get rid of it but nothing happened. I have taken pills and also tried some exercises and some Yoga too but nothing helped me. So I tell me how I can get rid of this pain. It usually starts in the morning and last till evening, so please kindly give me the right suggestion to get rid off my neck pain .Thank you.
I need best personality with height. So what should I do to get height and best personality, and I need 6 pack abbs.
Eat more often.
Try weight gainer shakes.
Use bigger plates.
Add cream to your coffee.
Get quality sleep.