Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Ms. Ashu Gupta
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Ashu GuptaYour feedback matters!
2.Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
3.Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
4.Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
5.If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
6.Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
7.Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
Source:British Homoeopathic association
I m 28 year old and my height is 5.4 and weight is 54 kg so I want min weight 65-70 kg so please recommend me how I can gain weight faster.
I am having thought disorder concentration problem ,headache, loss of emotions, feelings,irritation, did not have periods for the last two months, lower back pain leg cramps pain in lower abdomen during fingering. I am sexually active but always with protection .brown discharge from vagina, I have hyperinsulinism and hyperprolactin. I am obese.
My father has a problem with knee and leg pain for a 2 month and he is a diabetic patient. Please help me to resolve my father pain problem.
Hi, I am 28 years old, I got diabetes one years ago. Since after diabetes diagnosed I tried to keep my sugar levels under control by controlling my diet. But last year my work profile has changed where I am supposed to sit continuously for hours and hours, thus making my sugar levels up around 280. (On medications, daily 1 hr gym workouts) What can I do to avoid the raise in my sugar levels. Please suggest me. I am very much worried. Why my sugar levels are raising abnormally.
Reflexology says that foot massage aids in releasing the blocks that hold the energy from flowing through the body. Known by the name, Padabyang in Ayurveda, the massaging of the feet at specific points have many health benefits, and at the same time, helps in the curing of some diseases as well. Ayurveda considers feet massage as a beneficial therapy that offers amazing health benefits.
What are the advantages of feet massaging at night?
Any kind of massage contributes to enhancing your well-being and feet massage is no different. The massaging of the feet at night without fail has several benefits that are as enumerated below:
- Relaxation: Massaging the feet at night gives a perfect relaxation and helps you to cope with the long and tiring day. It is simply a great way for the reduction of stress and feels relaxed.
- Improving blood circulation: We all know that a good blood circulation is an essence of maintaining good health. If blood cannot circulate freely, it may give rise to many health problems. A foot massage at the specific point before going to bed significantly helps in the improvement of the flow of blood.
- Good sleep: Massaging the feet at night plays a crucial role in having a good night’s sleep which is extremely beneficial for good health.
- Reduce PMS: Pre Menstrual Syndrome abbreviated as PMS is a difficult battle that all women have to deal with. PMS causes a lot of pain accompanied by a lot of physical changes. To effectively deal with PMS feet massaging at night is an excellent option.
- Reduce pains and aches: Massaging the feet every night before going to bed is a very effective way in the reduction of various types of pains and aches of the body. A proper and regular massage is recommended in this situation for more effective relief from pains.
- Good for headaches and migraines: Another amazing benefit of feet massaging at night is that it helps to give you a great relief from headaches and migraines. It gives you a quick relief and most importantly without taking any medicines or having to face any other side effects.
- Reduces heel pain: Many experience difficulties with heel pain in the morning after waking up. Feet massage at night before going to bed is a great way for the reduction of pain in the heels. At the same time, it also helps to deal with pain from flat feet.
- Fights depression: A feet massage at night time also helps to fight depression effectively, and in this case, it is recommended to give a self-massage.
Thus, a foot massage at night is highly beneficial, and Ayurveda encourages massaging with oil as the benefits are multiplied when the foot is massaged with medicated oils. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!