Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Amardeep AroraYour feedback matters!
My age is 67 years old.I am diabetic from 2003. Last week my fasting blood sugar is 132 mg. Pp bs is 190 mg hb1ac is 8.3. My present complaints are neuritis and numbness of both legs since 2 years. I am taking zoryl 1 twice daily/please advise line of treatment for me.
DigestiveHealth_newRecent research suggests that people who sleep poorly are at a greater risk of severe poor health.
Poor sleep can trigger inflammation in your body including your digestive system. A study published in the Nutrition in Clinic Practice reported that inflammation is linked to major degenerative diseases.
A study published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology reported that poor sleep was associated with inflammation of the digestive tract in individuals with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). Poor sleeping habits was found to play a role in the seriousness of the disease.
Another study publised in the Digestive Disease and Sciences Journal found that Irritable Bowel Sydrome (IBS) symptoms was linked to a disturbance in sleep.
How much Sleep Do You Really Need?
The amount of sleep you need varies from person to person. A study published in the Sleep Health Journal recommends the following sleep duration:
Newborns should sleep between 14 and 17 hours.
infants should sleep between 12 and 15 hours.
toddlers should sleep between 11 and 14 hours.
Preschoolers should sleep between 10 and 13 hours,
School-aged children should sleep between 9 and 11. hours.
Teenagers should sleep between 8 to 10 hours.
Young adult and adults should sleep between 7 to 9 hours.
Older adults (65 years and above) should sleep between 7 to 8 hours.
Tips to Improve Your Sleep
It is important to consider sleep as a priority. Here are 5 tips to improve your sleep:
Practice going to bed and waking up at the same time every day, this will go a long way in restoring your natural sleep rhythm.
Make sure you have your last meal 3 hours before you go to bed
Ensure there is complete darkness in your room.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol before bedtime
Get rid of all anxiety and worry don’t take it to bed with you.
M bht weak hu isliye shayad hath pero ki nase tak nazar aati h kya koi home remedy h jise m apne hath pero pr apply kar saku taki woh dikhne m thoda sahi large.
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off a supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega three fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry Fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals, which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Fox Nuts (Makhane): Fox nuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted fox nuts are a great snack also. Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle.
Other than consuming these foods, get a full body check up done to know how healthy you are.
Diet Changes to Improve Metabolism
I am Dr.Kumar. Basically I brought this first time in India—diet as a therapy, and the title goes as appropriate diet therapy centers. We got our main office at Dadar and along with that we got about 18 centers across India. This is basically, we are seeing for years together people are suffering from most of the metabolic disorders and for that we are trying allopath, homoeopath, ayurveda, but still we are not fining any solution for acidity. So we are seeing, because it is not a disease, then it has something related to the cell, because as you know the cell become a tissue, tissue become an organ, organ becomes a system, and system becomes a body, so basically it is a degeneration at the cellular level.
So what we are trying to do with our diet therapy we are changing the diet in a scientific manner because the diet we take in India is basically a cultural diet , emotional diet, traditional diet. But our body works on a scientific principal of the PH which is basically an alkaline PH. But unfortunatelhy the food we take in India are acidic in nature. And they are responsible for destruction at the cellular level. So by changing diet we stop further damage at organic level and then we try to revive those cells by giving very specific ingredients derived from the food and that’s why we are able to find a solution.
We have been very successful stopping knee replacement, there is no need of going in to further surgery. 2nd diabetes, especially diabetes 2 is totally reversible with us. Then dialysis process is reversible, now we remove blockages without angioplasty bypass. And we are very successful in finding a solution for cancer at all stages. So this is the first time we have brought this in India and we are very very successful.
For further information you may please contact through Lybrate.com.
I am a fat person please give some tips to less my weight? I also want to know that which diet plan can I use in my daily life please consult me that.
I have recently put on loads of weight I want to loose it I tried different dieting but not helpful suggestions required what to do? I am 17 years old male.
I am a diabetic for the last 15 years - type II. But of late my sugar lever increased during the past fortnight. How to reduce the same without insulin.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am looking to gain my wait Am tries well to gain wait but all ideas and fact not come in play please suggest me natural way to gain wait as soon as you can.
I am a heart patient After going through angioplasty I was in started one stunt Previously I was taking toned buffalo milk But for the last seven to eight months I am taking standard cow milk Please advise which milk I should take. Further I am thin my height is 5 ft 6 inches and weight is 54.5 Kgs.
I am 33 year old man, is there a solution for constipation. I don't eat more and I don't eat outside food due to this problem, I don't have a problem when I eat less and eat at home but when I eat outside I deal with many problems like indigestion, farting, weakness so apart from regular advise like exercise and all is there any solution for this problem.
A healthy relation with your partner, both in and out of bed is of utmost importance for your mental health. Premature ejaculation is a condition that males suffer from. It basically occurs when semen springs too soon during sexual activity. There are various stages of sexual response and excitement. When the semen comes out due to orgasm in the early stage, it is usually known as premature ejaculation. There are many ways to deal with this.
Ayurveda is also an efficient way for treating this ailment. These are a few tips to prevent permanent ejaculation:
- Herbal Drink: There are many herbs that aid the treatment of various diseases and symptoms in Ayurveda. You can mix powdered asparagus with warm milk and boil it for about ten minutes. This drink can be ingested twice a day for greater efficacy. You can add soaked and peeled almonds to this concoction as well.
- Diet: You can include ingredients like almonds, ginger, saffron and cardamom for fighting premature ejaculation. Eggs are also a good source of protein that can help in preventing this condition. Garlic and drumsticks can also be used in one's diet for this condition to abate. Fresh fruits, honey and cow's milk are some of the most important parts of a person's diet when treating premature ejaculation. Further, you must have nourishing food at least thrice a day in order to ensure that your body is getting a routine and regular supply of all the vital nutrients and vitamins that can help in maintaining balance in the body, especially as far as the various doshas as concerned.
- Yogic Poses: There are many Yogic postures and poses that can help people suffering from this condition. The shoulder stand or the Sarvang Asana, as well as others like the Halasana or the plough and the Matsya Asana or fish, can help in relieving the symptoms of this ailment.
- Supplements: Ayurvedic medication like Shilajit can also be used for building immunity and tackling the problem of premature ejaculation.
- Massages: Hot oil massages with the help of a trained hand can help in activating all those dormant areas that are not contributing to a well functioning body. This can help in treating premature ejaculation as well.
During the process and tenure of the medication and treatment, Ayurveda generally recommends that the patient should abstain from all stimulation and sexual activity so that the efficiency increases.