Submit a review for Ahsas DawakhanaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Saket Kumar Mishra
Dr. B.K Kushwah provides answers that are prompt. Thnx
The post-partum period is the first few (usually six) weeks after delivering the baby. Sex might be the last thing you think of during this time. Sexual desires might decrease due to the following:
- Healing from the incision (in case of a vaginal delivery)
- Cesarean birth healing (abdominal incisions)
- Fatigue caused by the whole birthing process and pregnancy
- Stress caused by the newly born baby (especially more so in case of triplets or twins)
- Shifts in the hormonal levels
- Breastfeeding related breast sores
- Emotional difficulties such as parenting anxiety, relationship problems with the baby’s father
- Postpartum blues
After the incision (if any) has fully healed along with the delicate vaginal tissues, it is generally safer to have intercourse. It might take a few weeks for the healing process to fully complete. The doctor will be able to give a more personal advice on when it is ok to start having sex again. Usually in case of a normal delivery, the waiting period is 6 weeks. The emotional readiness and physical comfort is extremely important as well. In a lot of cases it might take up to a year for normal sex life of the couple to resume again.
Also, there is a common misconception amongst many couples that during the postpartum period, having a baby again isn’t possible. Condoms should be used if you aren’t abstaining from sex in the postpartum period. This helps in avoiding an unplanned pregnancy and the complications that can arise from two successive deliveries.
The body goes through a lot of changes after giving birth. Low libido affects the sex drive. The body needs time to recuperate and might not be ready for sex immediately after giving birth as it switches itself to give care for the new born. A break is often necessary as the body and mind heal.
Vaginal dryness in the postpartum weeks is also very common. Lube and lots of it can help. The vagina, in the initial weeks, stretches out quite a bit. It slowly starts returning to its original contracted state as the muscles become tight again.
It’s also important to remember that you can be intimate with your partner after you give birth to a baby, without having sex. Body contact and cuddles are ways of expressing your affection towards your partner. Love doesn’t need to be dependent on sex! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
When I masturbate frequently, ulcers occurs in my mouth and it is occurring from the past 7 months what should I do please suggest.
While getting together in bed is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problems.
Some of the factors that cause sexual shyness could be:
- A fear arising from lack of experience
- A low self esteem
- Bad encounters and experiences in the past
- Body image issues
These are all factors, which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with a partner:
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
- Don't have major expectations: One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is that they have elaborate fantasies, which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
- Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable: If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experience, which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
- Don't let physical shortcomings scare you: Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
- Think about the act and prepare: Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
- Enjoy the build up and the foreplay: Sex isn't just the penetrative part, but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Masturbation refers to the pleasure given by a person to one’s own body. This activity is a very important part of physical as well as mental well-being. Men and women all over the world engage in masturbation, irrespective of whether or not they are sexually active with their partners.
Following are the advantages of masturbation:
1. Prevents premature ejaculation: Sex therapists are of the view that you can control premature ejaculation by masturbating about a couple of hours before sex. This will improve your timing and keep you from ejaculating too quickly.
2. Prevents prostate cancer: An Australian study published in 2003 found that men would reduce their risk to develop prostate cancer if they ejaculate five times or more during a week. Masturbation will keep disease-causing toxins from building up in your urinary tract and prevent prostate cancer.
3. Prevents erectile dysfunction: It is obvious that you will lose muscle tone with age, but masturbation keeps you in shape down there and prevents erectile dysfunction as well.
4. Improves sperm motility: Some studies back the claim that masturbation improves the quality and motility of sperm. If you masturbate before intercourse, you will release any residual sperms in your semen transporting tubules. This allows for the production of new 'better' sperms, which makes it easier for couples to conceive.
5. Improves your timing: One of many benefits of masturbation is that it helps you last longer during an intercourse. This gives you a chance to get familiar with how you feel when you get close to ejaculation.
6. Manages depression: Since masturbation releases oxytocin, which are known as your feel-good hormones, you can use this activity to manage your stress and improve your mood.
7. Improves immunity: Ejaculation increases the levels of cortisol, the hormone responsible for making you feel stressed. The experts believe that this hormone is good in small doses because it helps maintain your immunity. It means masturbation can play a role in strengthening your immune system.
8. Boosts your mood: Among many other things, masturbating will excrete neurochemicals such as oxytocin and dopamine that boost your satisfaction and lift your spirits.
9. Prevents STDS and unwanted pregnancy: Masturbation is the safest way to have sexual satisfaction without having to worry about STDs or unwanted pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Certain diseases are a major cause of concern as often these diseases can cause severe health complications. Various campaigns and awareness have been spread both by the government and NGOs for practicing safe sex to fight against these sexually transmitted diseases.
Here are a few tips on how to avoid contracting sexually transmitted diseases:
- Selective Abstinence: Selective abstinence is when people indulge in certain sexual activities, but limit in what they do to avoid the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. People who do practice selective abstinence run a lower risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases, which is also dependent on the type of sexual activity they indulge in as certain sexual acts have a higher chance of spreading STDs than others.
- Using condoms: Using latex condoms decreases the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. If you use lubricants, make sure that they are water based. Condoms are however not 100% effective at preventing sexually transmitted diseases, but reduce the chance of infection to a great extent. It is highly advised to learn how to properly use condoms.
- Mutual monogamy: Another way to avoid getting infected by STDs is to practice mutual monogamy. If you and your partner do not have sex with anyone else, then it greatly reduces the chances of getting infected with sexually transmitted diseases.
- Getting tested: Getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases as well as asking your partner to do so decreases the chances of transmitting sexually transmitted diseases. Refrain from having sex if either of you test positive.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs: Avoiding the usage of recreational drugs and alcohol reduces the chances of contracting STDs. Indulging in sexual activities while being highly intoxicated can both cause you to forget practicing safe sex.
- Practicing healthy habits: Practicing certain healthy habits also reduces the chances of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. These include avoiding sharing towels and undergarments, washing before and after sexual intercourse and getting a vaccination for hepatitis B.
- Low risk and high risk activities: Certain sexual activities such as open mouth kissing and hand to genital contact have a lower risk of infection. Other activities such as oral sex, vaginal intercourse, and genital to genital contact have a higher chance of infection. Understanding the risks better would allow you to avoid contacting diseases easily.
I am 22 years old . My last period was on 10-jul and I had a sex with my partner on 28-july on 29-july I took a ipill too. But today is 13-aug and I had a pregnancy test but the result was negative am I pregnant or what.
Dear Dr. I got allergy on my hands and legs. I feel itching all the tym. I applied dermikem oc cream but no use. Pls help me.
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
- Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy affects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina, while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
- Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart, which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image thereby leading to a confident person.
- No stress: Stress is unavoidable, but one can make a conscious effort to relieve themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
- Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
- Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy. VigRX Plus is a known supplement to improve the sex and stamina.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.
I get pre cum on my penis every time I think about sex or I see something related to sex. Cause of this m getting weak day by day. How to stop it.
When I masturbate ejaculation occurs very fastly What should I do for proper masturbation and increase the ejaculation time?
Hii sir I am a 22 year old boy I am in very difficult problem sir is that I am masturbating since childhood nd now my penis has become thin from its base nd thick from upper part plzzz advice me sirrr what can I do to thick again my penis nd also I have prob of erection is that as soon as I stand up I loose my erection I can not keep my erection while standing plzzzz give me your value able suggestion sir im waiting 4 your thankfully rply please help me.
I am dong masturbation in the week 5 to 6 times continue till 10 yers my sperm strength is higher or weaker while doing inter course with my partner pregnancy is possible r not how can stop my masturbation and increase my sperm count to increase how please help me.
It is generally assumed that after sexual intercourse, men more often tend to doze off immediately, leaving the women not entirely satisfied, primarily because of less foreplay and after play action. These assumptions are, however, not entirely wrong and there are many ways with which one can prove this.
Here are a few tips whereby you can reverse this and end it with a bang:
- The traditional belief that men are more emotionally detached after intercourse than women is inherently true in most cases and the best way to prevent your man from snoozing immediately after sex is to hold him tight and snuggle up. Being held feels good and right for both sexes, and is also an effective way of retaining heat.
- A great way of prolonging that physical intimacy after sexual intercourse is by giving your man a smooth massage. Perhaps you can lighten up his senses by slowly tracing circles on his torso or by gradually moving over and around the navel areas confidently and sensuously.
- By way of suggesting a bath or shower after sex, you are, in a way, inviting him and yourself for another possible orgasmic session. After taking turns in scrubbing each other's backs, necks and shoulders, you can proceed with moving along towards other parts of the body. Furthermore, a hot and wet-nude environment eventually supports a post-orgasmic flush.
- Oral sex is yet another invigorating way of sustaining the erotic process. Paying more attention to the area around the anus as well as the area around the clitoris is always an effective method to 'end it with a bang'.
- You could also try paying him compliments or whispering and breathing romance into his ears with stuff like, "I love you", or "I desire you", accompanied by light sexual caresses - as long as it prevents him from snoozing!