Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vyom AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My son 6 years old is not taking interest in food. Please recommend any kind of tonic and supplements.
Mera baby 1 saal ka hai usko daant aa raha hai bahot tabyat kharab ho rahi hai fever loos motion vomiting please bataye kya karun. Koi gharelu ilaj.
Good after noon sir Bacche ko 20 din pehle vometing aur pechis hua tha fiver bhi tha Daba lene ke baad kafi aram ho gaya tha abhi 5din se pechis aur fiver fhir agaya hai fiver ja nahin raha hai bahut kamjor ho gaya hu vajan 1 kg kam ho gaya hai kya karu sir kuch samajh me nahin araha hai age 8 months.
My daughter age 22 month she say papa one word only she can hear normally is she any problem to talking or she is normal I am worried about this please help me.
Hi doctor my sister has new born baby. She is 24 year old. Her prbm is due to feeding it's paining in her right side nipple. Wt type of prbm it is? Is any infection. Pls give some solutions.
My Son Is 19 Months Old. His Weight Is 9kgs And Look Like Weak. He Is Not Getting His Personality. But He Is Very Active. He will not Eat Healthy Food, Juices, Soups.
A loss of tooth or teeth is one of the biggest dental problems that someone can face. The irony is that people consider loss of teeth to be very insignificant. But in reality loss of teeth can lead to not only cosmetic problems, but also functional problems and an unstable chewing mechanism.
Loss of teeth can lead to many problems. Some of them are:
- Supra eruption of opposing teeth
- Compromised efficiency of chewing
- Adjacent teeth might drift into the space created by missing teeth
- Food tend to accumulate between teeth, which have moved
- Food accumulation also leads to periodontal disease and caries
- A lopsided chewing pattern as there is loss of equilibrium in the mechanism of chewing
- The extracted area might reveal a loss of bone height
- Problems of the temporomandibular joints, like closed bite and TMJ osteoarthritis
- The existing functional teeth might lead to problems due to overload
- There are increased chances of cheek biting due to collapse of the cheek in the missing space, thus leading to functional and cosmetic problems
- The frequency of tongue biting and ulceration might increase in the area of missing teeth or tooth
When missing teeth are replaced, one can easily restore the healthy look of the teeth and also prevent any other dental problems which are due to the missing teeth.
While replacement of the missing teeth it is of utmost importance that the equilibrium is maintained with the distribution of the forces caused by chewing. Care is also taken that the cosmetic outlook is also maintained in the treatment.
Ideally the teeth when extracted or lost should be immediately replaced. This is because the replacement prevents the bone resorption or bone loss in the area and also retains the good bone. But a drawback is that such an immediate replacement might lead to limitation. Immediate treatment is usually done with the help of implants which easily fit in the sockets created by extraction. But even for this an analysis of the bone and gum health is necessary, thus leading to only a few instances for such replacements. Other alternative is that immediate removable dentures can be prepared and these can be replaced once the gums of the area have healed. The time period for this is usually 3 months. If these need to be fixed permanently then a waiting period of 3 months is mandatory for the settling and healing of the gums and bone of the area.
The 3 basic ways of fixing missing teeth are through implants, fixed bridgework (bridges and crowns) and dentures, which can be removed.
Why small kids between 5 to 13 use to bleed unnecessary from nose when play or ran. What is the cause and what is the diagnose for the same?
Last month my wife delivered baby boy. Gestation period is approximately 36-37 weeks. After child birth during first pediatric visit doctor noticed missing testicles in scrotum. Then now after 20 days left side testicles reached scrotum. Right side I can feel it near adjacent side to penis beginning place. Should I wait for one more month? Should I meet surgeon immediately? What is the future consequences.
Hi want to increase my lactation I am already taking methi water everyday morning. My baby is 2 months and I supplement her with enfamil.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My son 1 years 4 months had pus cells in throat and had been prescribed augmentin duo (4 ml twice daily) but got rashes and was given Azee (5 ml once daily) antibiotic. Bimistake I continued both antibiotics 3 doses. Instead of only Azee. Baby had loose stools. Now I have stopped augmentin and rashes have gone. Just wanted to know if any other side effect of two antibiotics would have happened. I am very worried. Please clarify.
Hi. My baby is having hard motions. She is of 9 months old. Can anyone pls suggest some home remedies for that.
My son is 3 days old. He was diagnosed with vsd with 9mm hole. The cardiologist said it will be closed as the child grows. If not, then there are medical procedures to help.
I have 3 month baby boy and he use to urinate 15 times a day but urine is not yellow color and smelly and he even not crying .is this normal I thought Because of cold condition outside this is happening please suggest.
Dear sir. My question is I haven't able to sleep since 2 day and I am having a severe stomach pain. I tried multiple home remedies but didn't work. Please help me what can I do. Thank you.
I have a girl child of 2 years 4 months. She is staying with my parents. She is a hyper active girl. For the past 3 days. She could not report the urine. What I mean to say is .previously she was repeating us when she wanted to urinate. And we will take her out/wash room. But now she could not recognize that. And pissing automatically in dress. Daily at night time. We use has to her. Day time she used to tell about urine / motion. Now also she will tell about motion but not urine. She Is not feeling any pain in vagina. Is that any bad sign or need to consult doctor. Kindly suggest.
My son is 14 months old. She is suffering form fever from 27.07. 2015 and the temperature not going down. Doctors has said that that is viral fever and given antibiotic and paracetamol. Temperature reaches 103-104 degree between 4 hours even given paracetamol Please help me Thanking you
Infant mortality is still very high in India.
40% infant mortality occurs in first 30 days of birth.
50% of these death can be prevented by simple measure like cleanliness,hand hyegine, preventing hypothermia and breast feeding, which require just public education and awareness.
Important causes of maternal mortality are anaemia,preeclapsia,eclapsia.sepsis and post partumhaemorrage.
These can be prevented by early institutional care,early registration for pregnancy care and institutional delivery.