Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhasish MazumderYour feedback matters!
Sir As per the LFT TEST My liver is fatty and USG showed 2nd grade of faty liver. How can I get rid of it.
I used to go to the gym. So I have to intake lot of protein. I don't use any protein supplement. Thats why I eat raw eggs. Bt now a days m facing problem with my motion. I think I am not able to digest well. Please tell me how to digest eggs.
I have stomach upset always. Which restricts thinking and reduce my energy. Somebody's said I have IBS I don't know what to do. Already I am taking medicine for low vitamin B12. Kindly suggest.
I'm 23 years old, height 6 feet. I'm having gastric problem I think. I regularly get pain below my chest when I take more food especially spicy items. Is this a gastric problem? I'm a very active & sports person since my childhood. Now i'm not involving in any activities from 3 years, only going through my studies. Even though i'm taking controlled diet my belly is very loose. I'm not having stiff body. What can I do for a good personality?
I am 51 years old working women on computer. I have gall stones since 2009, frequently i am getting fever.
I have diarrhea for last 6 days. Consult to doctor and prescribe ofloxacin but till date diarrhea not controlled.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.