Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta BajajYour feedback matters!
Before 2 months am going to abortion due to unplanned pregnancy but now m facing a problem that last month my period date is 25 November 2016 and in this month period start from 20 december 2016 only 2-3 days before that my period days is complete 5 days cycle so pls suggest there's any issue. Date extend or periods 5 days cycle less than 2-3 with very low bleeding pressure pls help suggestion.
What causes warts? Can we prevent it?
Warts are small formations that occur on the skin. They appear in the form of dark protruding bumps or brown flat lesion on the skin surface. Sometimes they might also have tiny black specks on them. Warts usually form on the hands, feet, face and genitals, although they may appear on other parts of the body in some cases.
What causes the formation of warts?
Common warts are caused due to infection of the outermost layer of skin that occurs as a result of viral contamination. The virus that is responsible for this condition belongs to the human papillomavirus (HPV) family.
This infection is highly contagious and easily spreads from one person to the next. It is most likely to occur on skin that is cut or damaged as that allows easy access for the virus to enter the skin system.
How to prevent the formation of warts?
Common warts are contagious and spread very easily. Preventing the spread of the HPV virus can be done through simple steps that will help you avoid getting affected by this condition.
Some of the preventive measures that can be adopted are as follows:
- picking and scratching on warts should be avoided
- avoid biting fingernails as gnawing on the skin around the nails makes it more prone to infection
- grooming, brushing and shaving around infected areas should be done with care
- moisture and dampness should be avoided as the virus thrives on it
Do not self-medicate with lime (chuna), garlic, onion or Dettol.
Wart removal should be done by a qualified dermatologist. It is simple, safe opd procedure which takes few minutes only and does not leave any scars.
I had spontaneous abortion/ chemical pregnancy twice. Now I got again pregnant and this time my Gyne put me on" Duphaston" twice a day, Bharglob inj once in a 3 week, and Evapaui n 40 mg pen inj daily (i have to inject myself. I don't under stand the purpose of pen inj.
Hello doctor. Actually my periods are always late. Sometimes it comes earlier and sometimes 1 week or 10 days late. And my last period date was 30th July. And I really don't know when I am going to have my period this month. And on my last period I had unprotected sex and 3 days ago again I had sex and got some light bleeding when I went to pee. Sometimes I feel like vomiting and have morning and night sickness too. And having backache sometimes little gas also. I took a pregnancy test today but it came out negative as I don't know when I am going to have my period this month. Can you please help me out. I am going crazy.
I am 31 female and I am doing my ovulation study in day 7 my egg size is 16 mm and day 10 my egg size 22. 25 mm and ET is 14 mm. Please tell me in this condition I can pregnant or not and what the further procedure for this treatment and how much the actual ET size. Please tell me I will be very thankful to you.
I had a trigger shot for ovulation. After 2 days I came to know that I am not ovulating. Can I ovulate after 5,6 or more days after trigger shot?
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
The study says it is the disease that makes you unhappy and not the other way round
Study comprising one million women researchers found that happiness itself has no direct effect on mortality. Illness makes you unhappy nut unhappiness itself doesn't you i'll. And found that no direct effect of unhappiness or stress on mortality even in a 10 year study of a million women.
Hello doctor, I'm feeling too sleepy for past 5 days. And my urge for eating has increased. And I'm having nausea and vomiting. Am I pregnant? I haven't undergone Intercourse after the monthly period, I had helped in masturbating my boyfriend and after with the same hand I had done fingering to myself. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I masturbate quite often. Please help.
Hi My periods are disturb since 2 and half years ago. At that time periods comes very early. The gap is about 10- 15 days. After that doc suggested me biopsy and in report there was little swelling and little bit infection. Then doc diogonose me with my one injection for about 8 months. After that swelling and infection was almost healed. But now problem is that my periods are not coming regularly and the quantity was very low few drops. And now last periods come on 18 nov 2014. I am very upset about that. Doc also prescribe me fifteen days course of conjugated estrogens tablet ( ten days) and one more for five days ( I don' t know the name ) some other tests reports says that its not a menopause and fertility rate is very low. Now doc suggested me depidra and one more medicine. What should I do give me your opinions. Is that any thing serious or not. One more thing before one month doc take the biopsy again for tuberculosis. The reports are all good. Every reports even blood tests are correct. Kindly give me your opinion.
Can soup be a complete dinner by itself?
Soups are normally the first thing you order at a restaurant, followed by at least two other meal courses. The universally accepted appetizer takes a backseat when contemplating dinner. But can it be considered a complete dinner meal in itself?
To rightly be considered as dinner, a soup must not only be filling, but must also be correct on the calorie chart. Hearty soups like Russian Borsch, Vietnamese pho, and Italian Minestrone are considered as main courses. They have an apt mix of vegetables, protein and carbohydrates in a single bowl. Thick soups that carry not only the broth, but also toppings that make them sumptuous, can be had as your dinner.
These kind of all-in-one soups, that carry a number of condiments on their side, and ingredients in them, are also a great way of utilizing leftovers. For fussy eaters, a lot of ingredients can be blended well and masked in the form of soup. It is a perfect comfort food, which can be easily cooked, and is loved by almost everyone. It also carries benefits for people who want to lose weight.
Home-made soups are much healthier than the ready-to-drink packet ones as the packet ones have starch and few other ingredients which are not healthy. Another important thing is the time of having these soups. It should be preferred that soups should be taken as early as possible in the evenings, latest by 7:00pm, if at home and 8:00pm if having dinner out as it has salt content which can lead to water retention in the body if consumed too late. The soup can be coupled with freshly cut salad without any creams or fat content.
The calories in a soup can range from 20 to 100 approximately, depending upon the density and the additives. However, the usual by-the-sides like breadsticks, potatoes, rice crackers, naan bread, tofu croutons, creme fraiche, or even a spoonful of pesto etc. increase the calorie content and hence should be avoided.
So the next time you stress about what to cook for dinner, just pick up some vegetables off the shelf, or meat, and blend your way through an easy,nutritious and yummy dinner choice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Communication is the key. Talk to your family, friends and professionals telling them how they can help and how you are feeling. Accept offers of help.
I had unprotected sex with my gf, we had oral too. She likes to keep chocolate in her vagina and make me to lick it, is that safe?
I done sex with my gf last night but I do not know whether my sperm go inside her or not, If it has gone then what is medicine to avoid pregnancy And how do I know. She will be pregnant or not,
My friend is 20 years old and she has done sex before 1 month but condom was used during sex. Her periods are usually delayed by 2-4 days but after sex she has not received the period even after 20 days of her period. She feels the same pain as in period time but not getting with period. Please help.
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
1. Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
2. Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and child birth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
Homoeopathic Management in Gynecological Disorders
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health: Homoeopathy can offer good health to women in all stage of their Lives from infancy through old age. It is beneficial for the full range of emotional, mental and physical problems that a woman is likely to experience, and can help her through the transitional and developmental milestones of her life.
During the teen years homoeopathy can helps with the hormonal changes of puberty and the acne that often appears at this time, but primarily it can assist with the emotional upheavals, which frequently occur as little girls make the transition to womanhood.
Later in life when a woman gets pregnant, or has a hard time conceiving (homoeopathy can helps with problems of infertility, it can assist with difficulties frequently encountered, such as morning sickness and depression. By treating the mother during pregnancy and making her as healthy as she can be, we can insure that the baby will be born healthy and free of inherited diseases. By treating throughout pregnancy, we also assist the mother to go through childbirth safely and joyfully.
The homoeopathy healing art is beneficial in helping women overcome the effects of hormonal shock to the system, can occur after a difficult birth ,abortion, hysterectomy, and the use of birth control pills.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can be used to treat many common physical and emotional symptoms associated with menstrual cycles, hormone imbalances, and pre-menstrual syndrome. Because of its emphasis on treating the whole patient on a physical, mental and emotional level, it is ideally suited for homoeopathic remedies w+ by stimulating the body’s healing system to regain a sense of balance, problems involving hormonal imbalances respond well to homoeopathic treatment.
Benefits of homoeopathic treatment for women:
Homoeopathic remedies are completely non-toxic and without side-effects. Hence, they can safely be ingested during pregnancy when other types of medicines cannot be freely prescribed. Further, when the mother is homeopathically treated during pregnancy, the foetus is also being treated. Since treatment is constitutional and nct symptomatic, both mother and child will be healthier, ensuring an Easier pregnancy and delivery.
Ideally, both parents should be treated before the baby is conceived as remedies act very deeply, right down to the genetic level. For example, a woman who has two children with cleft lips will be able to have a Third normal child if given the correct homoeopathic treatment before conceiving the child.
Regarding post-partum depression, much misery can be alleviated by homoeopathic treatment; remedies work quickly and effectively in cases.
Homoeopathy offers a safe and effective solution to the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause compared to HRT which has been found to cause many side effects ranging from nausea and varicose veins to strokes and cancer.
Many women suffer to the personality. Further, many women suffer from low-esteem in our male dominant world. Homoeopathic treatment strengthens the life force and enables the woman to have a stronger sense of self. The patient becomes more stable emotionally, more confident and independent. In many cases, there can be a dramatic change for the better.
What conditions can be treated-
Almost any affliction! Many examples are listed under categories below. The rest of page will highlight several conditions through remedy descriptions.
- Physical- anemia, chloasma (skin pigmentation), chronic fatigue, constipation, cystitis, genital warts, gestational diabetes, growths, hemorrhage, herpes, hot flashes, IBS, incontinence, insufficient, breast milk, mastitis, morning sickness, osteoporosis, piles, PM, poor libido, prolapsed, recovery from surgery, tendency to miscarriage, thrush, thyroid imbalance, vaginal infections, varicose veins.
- Emotional- anger, disappointed love, fright, guilt, grief, irritability, mood swings, post-traumatic stress disorder (eg after sexual abuse), weepiness.
- Mental- anxiety, depression, eating disorders, fears eg of flying, having a deformed baby, low confidence, obsessive- compulsive behavior, pessimism, post- partum depression, sleep disturbances, stage fright, timidity.
Premenstrual Syndrome: When treating a patient for PMS ( pre-menstrual syndrome), the homoeopathic practitioner will select the most appropriate remedy that covers the range of symptoms experienced. These include fluid retention , breast tenderness, headaches, irritability, weepiness, mood swings.
- Homoeopathic treatment is also effective in treating problems associated with menstruation- heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, painful periods, absent periods, etc. It is quite common for women who have experienced debilitating menstrual cramps for many years to have pain- free menstrual cycles after treatment.
- Homeopathy is commonly used to treat uterine fibroids, and homeopathic treatment may prevent the need for a hysterectomy.
- Symptoms of menopause also respond to homeopathy- hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings. See the section on homeopathy during menopause for more information.
- Homeopathy can also be used to treat infertility conditions. Homeopathy can also help couples conceive even when there is no know medical reason for the infertility.
- The range of conditions that may be treated with homeopathy is very wide, and includes cystitis, migraines, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eczema, hay fever, bladder infections, gallstones or kidney stones, respiratory ailments etc.
- In addition, homeopathic treatment is safe and effective pregnancy. It can help with symptoms of morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Increasing numbers of women are making use of homeopathy during labour and childbirth, and homeopathic treatment can be very helpful after delivery, or during breast- feeding
- Homeopathy is truly a friend to women. It is a comprehensive system of medicine which is able to meet the needs to people in all facets of their lives, and through all of life’s transitions. By strengthening the immune system and helping to balance the mind and the emotions, homeopathy can help women achieve the higher purposes of their lives, and feel their very best.
- Homeopathy is ideal for those looking for a safe and natural, as well as complete system of medicine, especially those wanting to take more responsibility for their own health. Homeopathy can be used to treat most illnesses- whether chronic, acute, or first aid.