Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta BajajYour feedback matters!
My wife had miscarriage. After miscarriage in 8th month she had first monthly period after one month. Then we had sex I intercourse but not ejaculating. But now next monthly period she not having, now 10 days delay. Still she not having period. Is she pregnant if I did not ejaculating. What is d reason for delaying period? please reply.
May I know the reasons for the cause of ovarian cyst and could you please tell me the precautions to be taken?
Hi im f 20 I usually get period at 25 of every month but after using pill since I had sex my period I had on 1st March and later I had sex again n m worried cos till now I ddnt get periods cos my usual dates are on 25th. Am I pregnant? Or will I get my periods on 1st april again?
I have been married for 2 years and now planning for a baby. I have a burning sensation, pinning sensation while urinating for 7-8 days now. sometimes d pain is severe. What can b d reason? Dis has happened for d 1st tym.Please suggest.
I had sex with my bf 7-8 days ago .we did it with and without condom and he said that it did not discharged in pussy bt still I have doubt .after 2 days of sex I had stomach problem nd gastric problem as well nd this problem is in continuity .m afraid abt the chance of being pregnant. Nw I had something happening in my vagina may b due to tension please suggest me that there are any chances of pregnancy? If yes then how to avoid it through home remedies ?plz suggest me m very tensed .Date of period is after 10 th.
The uterus or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves.
Beet juice: apart from being a nutritional powerhouse, beet juice is a great source of nitric acid. The latter helps with blood flow in the body. A smooth blood flow, on the other hand, helps the brain in functioning properly. A study has found that people who consume beet juice have an increased circulation in the white matter resulting from an increased brain activity. This juice is sweet in taste and can be consumed every alternate day.
Berry smoothies: acai is a fruit which has a south african origin and hits the top of the list when it comes to brain assisting food. It increases the flow of the blood and dilates the blood vessels. However, this is extremely expensive. Berries also have a similar effect on the brain, but they are less powerful in nature. What can be done is to mix a little ingredient of acai in frozen berries juice and drink the same every day. Frozen berries retain the freshness and the nutritional benefits. This drink will improvise your brain and increase blood flow in the body.
Pomegranate juice: pomegranate is a great antioxidant and it very aptly limits the free radicals from damaging the brain cells. Antioxidants are also credited with increased blood flow and protection of the heart. A healthy cardiovascular system is synonymous to an increased brain function. What is surprising is the fact that pomegranate has more antioxidant content compared to red wine and green tea. Pomegranate juice can be consumed daily during the morning or afternoon.
Carrot juice: carrot is known for its healthy components that are beneficial for the eyes. Recent studies have revealed that they are great for the brain too. Like other colored vegetables, they are a great source of antioxidant and have a high content of beta-carotene. Carrot juice can reduce the inflammation of the brain cells and improve memory. Carrot juice is not at all bitter and the same can be consumed every alternate day after your meal.
Cocoa: a harvard study revealed that two cups of cocoa on a daily basis greatly helps a person in improving memory. Cocoa contains flavanols that keep the blood pressure normal and relaxes the blood vessel linings. Cocoa is also known to be a great antioxidant agent that limits the free radical to affect the brain cells. Cocoa should not be overloaded with sugar and should be consumed hot before starting your day.
Hi, actually I want to knw, If I had sex with my boyfriend, did anyone will get to know that I had sex ?
Hello doctor, last time after sex their was a bleeding from lower part of my vagina. What to do for this.
His wife is not interested in sex due to being too religious. She feel guilty to have sex with her husband . What is the solution? Please tell.
Sir/Madam, My girlfriends period was started 26th August & Finished 1st October. We make intercourse on 3rd October without protection, But this month her period till now not start. Which should be start on 26th October. Her period was come regular monthly cycle before this. What Should I do? Please answer me as soon as possible. I'm very tensed. Please advise me quickly. Today is 30th October.
My wife who is 2months pregnant is can have pumpkin seeds or not. What r the benefits. Any side effects.
I am 29 years old female. I need to loose 8 kgs in 10 days. I gained a lot of weight after my delivery 2 years ago. Please suggest how can I reduce it ?
Sir I am a medical line student I want to know that If a girl do sex in 20 year age and she will marry in 25. Can her husband find out he do sex before it or not if yes tell me how?
She is not getting periods properly so doctor is enquiring about PCOD. I want to know what PCOD is and how it is related.
I want to have sex with my gf. We both are virgin. So please suggest me in detail what precautions should we take and what should we do for a better experience (a long duration inter course). Please suggest in detail.
लेकिन जाने की खबर तो 9 सेकेंड पहले भी पता नहीं चलती ।।।
इसलिए मस्त और व्यस्त रहो.
Hi. Been seven months getting married. Me n my husband trying to conceive for the past three months but got no positive result. Is there something that we are lacking we are so depressed . Wat do we do personally consult a doctor or please help.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) refers to the infection that occurs in the female reproductive organs. It happens when sexually transmitted bacteria infect the uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes on spreading from the vagina. Generally, the cervix plays the role of preventing the bacteria from entering the vagina and infecting the reproductive organs. But when the cervix becomes exposed to an STD, it loses its power to put a stop to the spread of these microorganisms to the reproductive organs.
What causes this condition?
STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia have been found to be responsible for about 90% of PID cases.
Some of the other causes include
- Pelvic procedures
The condition is only detected later in life when you face difficulty in getting pregnant or have chronic pelvic pain complaints. If you experience symptoms like vomiting, high fever, pain in the lower abdomen and instances of fainting, you should immediately seek a doctor.
What puts you at risk for PID?
Certain factors may put you at a higher risk for PID and these are:
- Instances of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia (an STD that can occur from anal, oral or vaginal sex) and gonorrhea (a condition that causes discharge from the vagina or urethra) can make you prone to developing PID.
- Douching on a regular basis can increase your risk of PID as it disrupts the equilibrium of good and bad bacteria in your vagina, and may hide the symptoms of the condition as well.
- Even a previous history of PID can increase your chances of having another episode of PID.
- Compared to older women, teenagers who are sexually active are more prone to developing PID.
- Having multiple sexual partners can also put you at a greater risk for PID and STDs.