Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Hemraj HospitalYour feedback matters!
Many of us tend to comply with every single request that is put forward to us by our peers, family, or at the workplace by our superiors. We choose to take up more jobs than we can efficiently handle and put unnecessary stress on ourselves even at the cost of our time and well-being. Must we always do that? Why do we say yes?
People have the notion that saying no can come across as rude or uncaring. You may feel that you are letting someone down by turning down their request or risking a relationship when in reality, it has mostly to do with your self-confidence than your relationships with people. People who have low self-confidence tend to value their own needs less than the needs of others.
It may branch from overbearing parents, high expectations set by your peers and mentors or experiencing parenthood yourself and setting unreasonable standards for yourself. Childhood influences are usually the biggest cause of people always saying ‘yes’ all the time.
How to start saying say no?
If you want to take a step back and start saying no to make sure your own needs are valued, here’s what you need to do.
- Refuse politely, when it seems not possible: Do not overcomplicate responses and try to be as simple in your responses as you can be. If you are asked to do something, and you want to say no, try to be polite in your body language and state that it is not convenient for you at the moment and that you would rather get back to it later.
- Seek time before committing: The transition from saying ‘yes’ all the time to saying no does take time! Start to give yourself more time and ask people to get back to you later. This way you can begin to build more self-confidence and learn to say no over time. This also allows you to evaluate your response instead of immediately saying yes or no to the person asking the favor or task.
- Do not feel guilty: Deep down if you want to do a favor, you can go ahead with it, but you should also understand that it is okay to say no, and there is no need to associate guilt with it. You should set boundaries and allow people around you to understand how much favors they can ask you for instead of presenting you with an endless amount of favors from you.
- Set your boundaries: Refusal does not amount to rejection as you have just as much right to say ‘no’ as the person who is asking the favor from you. You are simply turning down a request, and in most situations, there is a middle ground for compromises where both you and the requester can be satisfied. If you have limited time to fulfill a request, let the person know and help out only as much as you can without overstepping your boundaries.
Bringing in these changes can help you be more self-confident, and at the same time enable you to say no when you need to without weighing yourself down with expectations and fear or rejection.
As the days become warm, you tend to turn the shower towards the cold water and as the days get cooler, bathing water usually gets warmer. A cold water shower can be refreshing in the summer. In the same way, a warm shower in the winter can be quite relaxing. However, have you ever thought about what is really good for you? Well, there is no hard and fast rule about which one is better. As a general rule of thumb, according to Ayurveda, hot water should be used to bathe the body and cold water should be used for the head. However, when you clearly have to choose between hot water and cold water, a number of factors have to considered, such as individual’s age, constitution, habits, diseases if any, season, etc.
Let’s take a closer look
Age: Young children and elderly people will get more benefit from warm to hot water bath. Teenagers and people up to the age of about 45-50 years can have a cold water bath. For students who need to be alert and be able to focus on their studies, a cold water bath is ideal.
Constitution: According to Ayurveda, there are three types of doshas; vatta, pitta, and kapha. If you have a pitta body type, you should bathe with cold water. On the other hand, if you have a vata or kapha body type, a hot water shower is much better.
Habits: Your habits can also influence the water temperature. If you like to bathe in the early morning, have a cold water bath. However, if you like to bathe in the evening, try a hot water shower. As the evening is dominated by the vata dosha, hence it is ideal. Similarly, if you like to exercise before your bath, you must bathe with hot water.
Diseases: If you are suffering from diseases caused by an imbalance of the pitta dosha, you should bathe with cold water. Such diseases include indigestion and liver disorders. If you are suffering from an imbalance of the vata or kapha dosha bathe with hot water. Diseases caused by the vata dosha imbalance include arthritis, joint pain and foot pain. Those caused by kapha dosha imbalance include respiratory diseases and allergies.
Some Ayurvedic practitioners also advise alternating between hot and cold baths. What is important is that you should not bathe with water that is either too hot or too cold as bathing with really hot water can disturb the pH level of the skin while bathing with water that is too cold can make you catch a cold.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
चमेली का वैज्ञानिक नाम जैस्मिन ग्रैंडफ्लोरा है. लेकिन तेल जैस्मिनुम आफिसनाल से निकाला जाता है. वैज्ञानिक नाम वाले चमेली के फूलों की लोकप्रियता बहुत ज्यादा है. इसके फूलों का इस्तेमाल हम पूजा-पाठ में करते आए हैं. लेकिन इसका औषधिय इस्तेमाल भी बहुत ज्यादा है. रोमांटिक सुगंध से परिपूर्ण चमेली के फुलों से निकलने वाला तेल कई स्वास्थ्यवर्धक तत्वों से युक्त होता है. चमेली के तेल में मुख्य रूप से बेंजाल्डीहाइड, इन्डोल, गेरानीयनोल, बेनोजिक एसिड, युजिनोल, बेन्जिल अल्कोहल, बेन्जिल बेंजोएट आदि होते हैं. चमेली के फायदे और नुकसान के लिए निम्नलिखित बिन्दुओं के देखें.
1. अनिद्रा में
अनिद्रा में चमेली का तेल सकारत्मक भूमिका निभाता है. ये एक एंटीस्पास्मोडिक के रूप में काम करते हुए नींद की समस्या को ख़त्म करता है. इससे आप एक अच्छी और सुकूनभरी नींद ले पाते हैं जिससे कि अनावश्यक थकान भी मिटती है.
2. शीघ्रपतन में
इसमें कामोत्तेजक गुण भी पाए जाते हैं. इसलिए इसका सुगंध रोमांटिक एहसास देता है. इसके तेल के प्रयोग से शीघ्रपतन, नपुंसकता एवं अन्य कई यौन विकारों को दूर किया जा सकता है. शरीर के भीतर हार्मोन और रासायनिक प्रतिक्रियाओं पर भी इसका प्रभाव पड़ता है.
3. शामक के रूप में
चमेली के तेल की सबसे बड़ी खासियत यही होती है कि ये मन और आत्मा को शान्ति प्रदान करता है. जिससे कि आप तनाव, झुंझलाहट और क्रोध आदि से बच सकते हैं और आपका मूड सही रहता है. इसमें सूजन और गठिया को भी दूर करने का लक्षण होता है.
4. प्रसव में
प्रसव के दौरान महिलाएं भयंकर पीड़ा से गुजरती हैं. चमेली के तेल में मौजूद गुणों की वजह से आप प्रसव के दौरान होने वाले इस दर्द से छुटकारा पा सकते हैं. दरअसल इसमें हार्मोन के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने की क्षमता होती है. ये इस दौरान संकुचन को भी मजबूती प्रदान करता है.
5. घाव भरने के लिए
इसमें एंटीसेप्टिक और कीटाणुनाशक गुण भी मौजूद होते हैं. जिससे कि इसे बाह्य घावों में लगाने से घावों में सेप्टिक के विकास को रोकता है. इसके साथ ही ये टेटनस के संभावना को भी ख़त्म करता है. इसमें एंटीवायरल, फंगल, किटाणुनाशी और जीवाणुनाशी गुण भी पाए जाते हैं. इससे सर्दी-खांसी में भी राहत मिलता है.
6. त्वचा के लिए
चमेली का तेल एक तरह से सीक्रेटेंट का काम करता है और त्वचा को कई तरह के परेशानियों से दूर करता है. चमेली का तेल मुंहासे, घाव और फोड़े आदि को दूर करने के लिए भी चमेली का तेल काफी मददगार होता है.
7. गर्भाशय के लिए
गर्भाशय के सेहत के लिए भी चमेली का तेल काफी उपयोगी साबित होता है. क्योंकि इस दौरान ये कुछ ऐसे हार्मोनों को स्त्रावित कर देता है जो कि गर्भाशय के कार्यों को सुनिश्चित करता है. रजनोवृत्ति के बाद ये एस्ट्रोजेन के प्रवाह को भी सिमित करता है.
8. खांसी के उपचार में
चमेली के तेल की सहायता से आप सर्दी खांसी जैसी समस्याओं से भी निपट सकते हैं. ये खांसी के दौरान होने वाली कफ की समस्या को दूर करता है. इसके आलावा ये खांसी, सांस लेने की समस्या और ऐंठन आदि को भी ख़त्म कर सकता है.
9. अवसाद दूर करने में
चमेली के तेल का सुगंध बेहतरीन होता है. इसकी खुशबु हमारे अंदर रोमांटिक और काव्यात्मक भावनाएं जगाने वाली होती है. दरअसल इसके सुगंध में सेरोटोनिन सहित कई तरह के हार्मोन को उत्तेजित करने की क्षमता होती है. यदि आप इसके सुगंध को महसूस करेंगे तो आप मूड भी अच्छा हो जाएगा और आप सुकून का अनुभव करेंगे.
10. पीरियड्स के दौरान
चमेली के तेल में मौजूद आर्तावजनक गुण पीरियड्स को नियंत्रित करते हैं. इसके अलावा ये पीरियड्स के दौरान महिलाओं को होने वाली समस्याओं जैसे कि मतली, थकान, झुंझलाहट और ख़राब मूड जैसी समस्याओं को भी दूर करने का काम करता है.
चमेली के तेल के नुकसान
- इससे एलर्जी वाले लोगों को इससे बचना चाहिए.
- गर्भवती महिलाओं को इसके उपयोग से बचना चाहिए.
- इसमें उत्तेजक गुण होता है इसलिए इसके ज्यादा खुराक से बचना चाहिए.
चावल एक लोकप्रिय खाद्यपदार्थ है जिसके कई फायदे हैं. इसी तरह चावल की भूसी तेल के तेल के भी फायदे काफी हैं. इसे चावल के गुठलियों के भूसे से निकाला जाता है. इसका इस्तेमाल ज्यादा तापमान पर खाना बनाने के लिए या डीप फ्राइंग में किया जाता है. देखने में ये मूंगफली के तेल जैसा ही होता है. लेकिन चावल की भूसी के तेल के फायदे मूंगफली के तेल से भिन्न है. इसमें विटामिन ई, एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, संतुलित फैटी एसिड आदि प्रमुखता से पाया जाता है. चावल की भूसी के फायदे और नुकसान निम्लिखित हैं.
1. त्वचा के लिए
त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य के लिए चावल की भूसी में विटामिन ई पाया जाता है. ये घाव भरने, नई कोशिकाएं बनाने, झुर्रियों को कम करने सूर्य के हानिकारक किरणों से त्वचा की रक्षा करने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. विटामिन ई, त्वचा के विषाक्त पदार्थों को भी दूर करने का काम करता है. इसमें पाया जाने वाला एंटीऑक्सिडेंट मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करके त्वचा की कोशिकाओं को जवान रखने में मदद करता है.
2. लीवर साफ़ रखने में
इसमें कई ऐसे यौगिक पाए जाते हैं जो कि हमारे लीवर को ठीक से कार्य करने के लिए और इसे साफ़ रखने में मदद करते हैं. इसमें पाया जाने वाला फैटी एसिड भी ऐसा ही एक तत्व है जो कि लीवर के लिए काफी अच्छा काम करता है. इसे कई बिमारियों से बचाने में इसकी भूमिका हो सकती है.
3. कोलेस्ट्राल कम करने में
हमारे शरीर में बढ़ता हुआ कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर कई परेशानियों को उत्पन्न करता है. चावल की भूसी में मोनोअनसैचुरेटेड, पॉलिअनसैचुरेटेड और संतृप्त वसा का बेहतरीन संतुलन पाया जाता है. फैटी एसिड का ये संतुलन कोलेस्ट्राल को कम करने का काम करता है. चावल की भूसी एथोरोसक्लोरोसिस, दिल के दौरे और स्ट्रोक जैसी बिमारियों को भी ख़त्म करने में मदद करता है.
4. बालों के लिए
इसमें पाया जाने वाला फेरिलिक एसिड और एस्टर बालों के विकास में योगदान देते हैं. इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट, विटामिन ई, ओमेगा-3 और ओमेगा-6 प्रचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता है. ये सभी बालों को पोषण देने में महत्वपूर्ण योगदान देते हैं. इसके नियमित प्रयोग से बालों की सुन्दरता में वृद्धि होती है.
5. रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान
कई शोधों में ये पाया गया है कि चावल की भूसी का तेल रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान महिलाओं को होने वाली परेशानियों से बचाने का काम करता है. ये इस दौरान होने वाले चिड़चिड़ापन जैसे कई अन्य परेशानियों को काफी हद तक कम करता है. इसलिए महिलाएं रजनोवृत्ति के दौरान इसका इस्तेमाल करके अपनी परेशानियों को कम कर सकती हैं.
6. वजन कम करने में
चावल की भूसी के तेल में चिपचिपापन बहुत कम होता है लेकिन इसमें कैलोरी अधिक होती है. इसकी सबसे बड़ी खासियत ये है कि ये भोजन में बहुत कम मात्रा में (लगभग 20%) ही अवशोषित होता है. जिससे कि भोजन का स्वाद बरकरार रहता है. इसलिए इसके इस्तेमाल से वजन भी कम होता है.
7. कैंसर के उपचार में
कैंसर जैसी खतरनाक बीमारयों को भी दूर करने की क्षमता चावल की भूसी में होती है. क्योंकि इसमें एंटीऑक्सिडेंट भरपूर मात्रा में पाई जाती है. इसमें ऑरिजानोल और विटामिन ई भी पाया जाता है जो कि अधिकाँश तेलों में नहीं पाया जाता है. इन्हीं तत्वों के बदौलत ये कैंसर जैसी बीमारियों से हमें बचाने का गुण रखता है.
8. एलर्जी दूर करने में
अन्य वनस्पति तेलों में नहीं पाया जाने वाला हाइपोलेर्गेनिक नामक तत्व, चावल की भूसी में पाया जाता है. ये एलर्जी की संभावनाओं को काफी हद तक कम कर देता है. इस तेल को खाने से एलर्जी नहीं होती है. लेकिन ये एलर्जी होने की संभावनाओं को भी कम करता है.
चावल की भूसी के नुकसान
- इसका इस्तेमाल संकुचित पाचन तंत्र वाले लोगों के लिए परेशानी का कारण बन सकता है.
- इसे अधिक मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करने से बचना चाहिए.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence.
Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
- Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
- Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
- Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
- Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self-confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
- Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colors or the ability of coloring within the lines.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), a medical condition that mainly affects women of reproductive age makes it difficult for them to conceive. In PCOS, there is an elevated production of androgen (especially testosterone) by the ovary. This hormonal imbalance often interferes with the ovulation process (the eggs either don't mature or are not released from the ovary) triggering infertility in the affected woman. While lifestyle changes and timely medical assistance can bring about improvement, switching to a healthy diet is often known to produce fruitful results. In this article, we will discuss the healthy dietary options to deal with PCOS and infertility.
Healthy Diet for PCOS and Infertility
There can be a host of factors that trigger the hormonal imbalance, one being your choice of foods.
Low Glycemic Foods: Foods that come with a high glycemic Index (a glycemic index is a number that determines how rapidly the carbohydrates in our foods are broken down triggering a rise in the blood sugar level) of 70 or more can be extremely harmful. The higher the glycemic index, more will be the blood sugar and level of insulin in the body. The elevated insulin level can wreak havoc, disrupting the hormonal balance to a great extent. Thus, women with PCOS and fertility problems should consume foods that come with a low glycemic index (55 or less). Some of the healthy low glycemic foods include apples, cherries, plums, dried apricots, oranges, grapefruits, pear, almonds, yogurt (low-fat), non-starchy vegetables, whole grains, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, oats, brown rice, and quinoa, to name a few.
Maintaining a healthy body weight can go a long way to improve the symptoms and complications associated with PCOS. Overeating should be strictly avoided. Instead, opt for smaller meals at regular time intervals. Include high-fiber foods (broccoli, cauliflower) in the diet. Foods rich in minerals (potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium) and vitamins (Vitamin B, C, E, and K), folic acid, can work wonders to alleviate the symptoms of PCOS. Enrich your diet with green leafy vegetables and foods that are rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
While consuming carbohydrates, make sure your diet also contains protein. Carbohydrates, when taken along with proteins, can avert a sudden rise in the blood sugar level.
Foods to avoid
- In women with PCOS, the testosterone level is relatively higher. Drinking milk will only elevate the testosterone level further with deleterious consequences and is best left avoided.
- Foods that are rich in saturated and Trans fats (BAD FATS) such as meat, processed foods, margarine, doughnuts, dairy products (cream, cheese, butter), cooking oil (coconut oil, palm oil), aerated drinks and beverages, can aggravate the condition of PCOS and should be avoided.
- Soy milk is another unhealthy dietary option for women suffering from PCOS and infertility. Soy milk is known to cause a delay in the ovulation affecting the fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Eyes are believed to be the most attractive feature in a person. A pair of beautiful eyes can melt millions of hearts. Skin ageing and its consequences can throw life in jeopardy. Sagging eyelids are one such unwanted consequence. With ageing, the skin loses its elasticity to a great extent.
There is an increased skin accumulation around the upper and lower eyelids. As a result, the eyelids become sagging and droopy. Sagging eyelids can be annoying, affecting a person's overall appearance and self-confidence. In extreme cases, it interferes with the normal vision of the affected individual. Eye irritation is also common.
Thus, the problem needs to be treated at the earliest. Blepharoplasty or the eyelid surgery comes as a huge relief. Here, the surgery is mainly performed to enhance an individual's appearance. To treat sagging eyelids, it is important to get rid of the accumulated skin, loose muscles and fat pads. Procedure is done under local anesthesia.
For upper eyelids, the surgeon makes small punctures along the line of the eyelids. These punctures act as the exit points for the unwanted skin, muscles and fats. Following the removal of the skin present in excess, the punctures are carefully stitched. In case of the lower eyelids, the fat pads are removed through an incision made inside the eyelids. The excess skin can also be eliminated through an incision made along the margin of the eyelashes.
A white discharge from your vagina is normal in most cases, especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Further, when you are sexually aroused you will have white discharge. These are some legit reasons for normal white discharge from your vagina, but sometimes your vaginal discharge is not so benign.
Causes of vaginal white discharge
- If the vaginal discharge changes color or is frothy, profuse and is accompanied by extensive itching, there is something fishy about it, and you need to consult your doctor ASAP.
- Also, called leucorrhea, white discharge can be caused due to an infection. Fungal infections like yeast infections of the vaginal tract can cause leucorrhea, accompanied by severe itching. White discharge can also be due to a sexually transmitted disease especially trichomoniasis, which causes a reddish or brownish vaginal discharge. Pelvic inflammatory disease, unhygienic toilet habits, TB as well as anemia can be the reason behind it.
- Further, The cause of this vaginal discharge is that the mucous membranes in the vaginal tract, try to wash off the offending organisms by increasing the secretion of mucous, causing leucorrhea.
Effective homeopathic solution
Treatment for leucorrhea is designed according to the exact cause in both allopathy as well as homeopathy. Rest assured that whatever be the cause of leucorrhea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem from the root. In cases where leucorrhea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it, but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea:
- Sepia Officinalis: This is one of the best homeopathic medicines for leucorrhea at menopause. It’s also very beneficial when the vaginal discharge is yellowish green in colour, with excessive itching in the vagina and vulva.
- Alumina: It treats acrid and transparent discharge from the vagina that causes excessive burning and itching in the vagina. The discharge is also very profuse and it’s more during the day.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is a natural homeopathic medicine for milky vaginal discharge with itching. It’s very effective in cases, where leucorrhea gets worse from exertion or during urination.
- Kreosote: It treats offensive vaginal discharge with violent itching. The vaginal discharge is yellowish and gets worse between periods. Few medicines in fact have the same power in treating leucorrhoea as Kreasote.
- Natrum Muriaticum: A medication to treat thick vaginal discharge, which gets worse while walking.
- Borax or Bor: This is useful in clearing a copious and albuminous leucorrhoea.
- Mercurius or Merc: An acrid leucorrhoea accompanied by burning and swelling of vulva or the external parts of the vagina. It treats purulent greenish yellow leucorrhoea, which is worse at night.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station.
You may lead a busy life and may have the responsibility of a career or a business and may also have to worry about paying up bills and instalments at the end of every month. All in all you may be completely tied up with the monotony of life and may be seeking some relief from all the problems and the only thing that may really come to your mind may be carnal pleasure and not just making yourself happy, but real and energized sex with your romantic partner.
While it may be very exciting to think about indulging in sex and trying out new things with the person you love. A lot of people hear stories and myths about the pain that accompanies sex and often feel apprehensive about getting on with the experience because of the fear of pain. However, when you are ready for your pleasurable experience and need to learn a few things and beat a few myths, it may help if you choose to meet a doctor who may be able help you learn a lot more about the pain.
Myth and facts:
One of the biggest myths that is prevalent in the world of sex is that males experience pain during intercourse, if the vaginal opening is excessively small, which is when the penis may have to be forced inside.
The fact is that vaginal openings are meant to be flexible and can accommodate a regular sized penis without causing much trouble. While you may have to put in some more effort than usual, it is not a painful process.
However, it is also a fact that males do experience pain during intercourse in a lot of cases and the reasons may be completely unrelated to the size of the vaginal opening. A lot of males suffer from different health issues due to which the act of sex becomes a painful one.
The problems and the treatment:
One of the most common problems that a lot of men face is the problem with the foreskin. Some may have issues with the foreskin by birth and others may develop the issues due to other health problems such as diabetes. Another major problem that a lot of males go through may be deformities, where the penis may not be shaped normally and may have a bend or arch because of which penetration during sex may become painful. Other problems that may be a cause for pain during sex in men may be the presence of STDs, allergies or injury. In all cases, it may help to seek the advice of a doctor who may specialize in the field and may be able to give you natural medication such as Ayurvedic solutions and help you come out of the problem.
Tying your tubes or tubal sterilisation is also known as Tubal Ligation a process that may be carried out due to number of reasons. This kind of permanent birth control also includes cutting or blocking of the fallopian tubes so as to avoid pregnancy. With the help of this procedure, one can block the path along which the sperm travels in order to reach the egg and fertilise it. This procedure can be done at any time including right after childbirth. Read on to know more about tubal ligation.
Reasons: There are many reasons why this procedure may be conducted. This is usually done to prevent pregnancy on a permanent basis. However, it is important to remember that this procedure may not suit everyone. One alternative procedure is a hysteroscopic sterilisation, which involves the placement of a small coil in the fallopian tubes through a path formed via the cervix. With the help of this insert, scar tissue is formed, thus effectively blocking and sealing off the tubes.
Risk of Damage to Organs: There are many risks that can be borne due to the procedure of tubal ligation. One of the main issues remains potential damage to the bowels which can lead to gastrointestinal complications in the long run. Also, the bladder and surrounding blood vessels may undergo such damage.
Medical History: This procedure can cause further complications like excessive bleeding and others, if you have had surgery in the pelvic and abdominal area earlier, as the wounds may suffer inflammation if the procedure is recent enough. Also, if you have a medical history of obesity or even diabetes, then this can create further complications after the procedure.
Infection: If the wound does not heal properly, then there is a chance of catching infections in the area which can lead to excessive bleeding, pain and fever along with other complications that have to do with the procedure and the organs at play.
Guarantee: This procedure cannot prevent sexually transmitted diseases. Also, one must remember that less than one out of 100 women who go through this procedure, actually get pregnant. Yet, if you are relatively young when the procedure happens, there are higher chances of the procedure failing to prevent pregnancy. Also, in such cases, the risk of ectopic pregnancy increases quite significantly.
After the advent of the internet, the availability of pornography or explicit video material has become widespread. The availability of this material resulted in a large section of the population relying on it for sexual pleasures as well as living their fantasies through the digital realm. Internet porn is the new kid on the block in the world of addiction:
Easy accessibility of porn can give you a quick spike of dopamine through sexual pleasure have resulted in patterns of addiction among many boys and girls. Porn addiction is a phenomenon which has been exacerbated by the easy availability of pornography on the internet. It has not only affected sexual habits such as masturbation, but has also caused hindrances in the daily lives of people and has affecting their relationships.
A brain on porn is similar to a brain on alcohol
While it may seem a bit far-fetched, studies of brain scans have shown that people watching porn experience the same effects or pleasure that alcohol gives them. It is a neural circuit which releases pleasure hormones when you sexually pleasure yourself by masturbating to porn. The reward circuit of the brain recognizes this pattern and starts creating please pathways where you want more of it. As you keep doing it more and more, the resistance level increases and you tend to need more. This is a classic sign of addiction.
Healthy and unhealthy masturbation
Masturbation is a natural and normal process that every human indulges in. However, a brain addicted to porn will use it as an addict uses a substance. Masturbation is the physical act through which the dopamine would be released. Once it has become an addiction, you would either want to have the daily fix for at least a few hours which you would ensure to take out of your daily routine. This time could have been invested in other fruitful activities when it ends up going to the addiction. In some cases, studies have shown that many would rather do it a few times a week but, would spend extended hours masturbating to porn.
Effects of excess masturbation
Some of the effects of porn addiction and excessive masturbation could be
- Premature ejaculation problem ( quick masturbation leads to chronic less timing to discharge)
- Erectile dysfunction when you are with a partner and in a real life scenario due to dependence on particular porn fantasies
- Inability to have or form intimate relationships which are not just sexual but emotional and mental as well
- Lethargy to go to work or school due to addiction related problems
- Breakdown in relationships, even with family members and friends
Thus, it is imperative that you seek sexologist or sexual counsellor for help to slow down the habit and break the cycle of addiction and ensure that you are able to lead a normal life without disruptions so as to allow yourself to be able to form normal sexual relationships.
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or IVF.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sanitary pads or tampons or any other menstrual protection products should be changed at regular intervals as their prolonged usage can cause risk of infection and toxic shock syndrome (tss). It can also cause irritation, rashes and burning on the skin.
Loss of libido is mostly common for male and female in any stages.
This problem is normal for many people specially womane ,who loss their intrestin in sexual activity.
This is cause the sex hormones and many disease related.
The main causes which are responsible for losing libido.
2 Relationship problems
3 Drinking alcohol
4 Stress or exhaustion