Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Subaprasanna
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Mr. SubaprasannaYour feedback matters!
My marriage is against my wish. He tempered our family members to marry with him. After marriage he not behaves well with me. He want to make a pressure on me. Mentally I am so depressed. I also leaved my job for my 2yrs baby. And singly handling all my baby need. Now I am very depressed and also loose my confidence. I want to do something myself for earning but no support and also have no time. What can I do. My depression also effects in my health. Loosing weight. Please, help me.
I have lot of mental problems. So I am always tensed about my life, some time I am become vilented, I want cool and happy life, what can I do sir,
Doc, follow up question, im using now hearing aid and I can hear everything around me but still the words are not clear but when I pull out my hearing aids, I can understand them and identified them but in and louder voice. What do you think happen to my ears? Thanks.
I am going through severe depression. Experience severe heaviness in the head. Experience extreme sadness, Crying,Don't feel like eating inspite of being hungry. Feel suffocation. Not able to take head bath or bath. Can't lie down due to heaviness and suffocation. Can't sleep at night. Experience a heat wave in body. Can't concentrate. Har cheez ko Dekh kar ghabrahat hoti hai even a beautiful scenery. No happiness at all in life. Can't decide. Small little things also making me depressed. Getting a feeling What is my life? Why am I here in this world? What am I doing? I have no purpose. There is nothing in my life. It has ended. Y am I even living. I should better die. Getting very strong suicidal tendencies and urge to commit it. Fear that I might do anything though I am controlling myself a lot. I get irritated due to this and argue. My stomach gets upset and I get a feeling of frequent urination. I feel lost too like dunno where I am going due to this. please help as I really want to get out of it as soon as possible.
People who have been victims of domestic violence not only suffer physical abuse, but from emotional abuse as well, which may stay with them for their whole life. The trauma associated with domestic violence can be deep and takes time to heal even after the relationship with the perpetrator is over and there is no communication or contact between them.
Emotional harm is greater than physical harm
Women make up the significant majority of domestic violence victims. When they face violence within the home sphere, they experience a wide range of emotions like anger, sadness, powerlessness, fear, resentment, vindictiveness and much more. Physical violence not only harms their body, but their mind and spirit are equally wrecked as the memory of being physically subjugated scars them emotionally in a very deep manner and can take years to heal.
Some of the long term impact of domestic violence on women is mentioned below.
- Any kind of physical injuries like bruises, cuts or dislocated joints and bones.
- Many women suffer from hearing impairment
- Loss of vision is also another effect
- Miscarriage or premature childbirth
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- A feeling of fatigue and weakness
In certain cases, unreported domestic violence may result in homicide or murder which is the ultimate and most unfortunate manifestation of physical abuse gone too far, That is why it is important to seek help early on before things escalate too far.
The mental effects of domestic violence take much longer time to recuperate from than the physical effects. If the shock is severe, it can render women mentally unstable for life in extreme cases. Even if a woman recovers from it, the emotional scar may remain and might manifest in the future.
- Depression: This is one of the worst mental effects of domestic violence is depression. The good news is depression is often temporary and can be cured. Signs of depression include a feeling of hopelessness, sadness, weight gain or loss, sleeplessness, loss of appetite and a consequent lack of interest in whatever you love to do. This can affect one’s decision making ability and in extreme cases can render one suicidal.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: When you encounter any violent experience, then you are most likely to develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The signs of this disorder include frequent flashbacks of the traumatic experience, nightmares and extreme anxiety. Women who face these kinds of traumatic experiences find it difficult to cope with their present situation for a while. Counselling and support from their loved ones can heal these problems fast.
Other effects of domestic violence may also include seizures, addiction and substance abuse and fainting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!