Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshYour feedback matters!
I am having sticky water in my urine daily and in other times without urine So please tell me the medication to get ok And I have not having sex anymore.
So I had unprotected sex about 16 days ago with a girl who told me after the fact that she had genital herpes she wand r showing any signs or symptoms. I've had this tingling sensation at the tip of my penis ever since and got checked for uti gonerria and Chlamdia all were negative. My doctor.
My father's chief complaints an history are ckd4, cad dcmp, dm type 2. Creatinine is 5.4 urea 130. Gone through colondoscopy recently after being discharged from icu. Please advice something for chronic constipation. He's on lot of nedicines like aplazar, cudo forte, minipress, amlopress, flavodon, prolomet, lasix &lazon.
Hi Dr, I have some GB stone which were detected during sonography on last Wednesday in my home town Silchar, Assam.My family Dr. told to go for Pinhole surgery if possible in Mumbai. I stayed here in Malad for my corporate job. Please suggest.
I am 62 years old from 4 years I have enlarged prostate. Due to this urine not empty in one go. It takes 3 or 5 strokes to clear but I do not have any pain when urinate. Which is good treatment without operation.
Hi. I'm 21 years old .I'm a virgin. I feel a itchy feeling in my clitoris and vagina and when I touch my clitoris it swells up and becomes blood red in color and all this happens mainly after 10 pm. The itching of vagina and clitoris including a burning sensation while urinating. Please suggest me some remedy as i'm really worried about my problem.
Hi. My girlfriend gave blood and urine samples for the following tests today: 1. Haemogram 2. Blood sugar - random 3.Serum creatinine 4.TSH 5. Serum B-12 total Vitamin D category1 5.Complete Urine Study. She had taken a levonorgestrel tablet approx. Couple of weeks ago. Will these tests in anyway reveal that she had taken the tablet and that she had sexual contact with me?
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hi I am 25 years old my creatinine serum was. 98 before 1.5 years ago and 1.2 before 1 year ago and now it is 1.3. Whats its indicate there is any thing to worry.
Hey! I am 17 years old male. From the past two weeks I am suffering from burning sensations in urethra. I feel urination quite often and its paining a lot in my urethra whenever I go for urination.
When at evenings both foots are burning sensation it is very painful after passing urine pain is slowly relieved what is the region and remedy ?
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.