Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T A PrabhuYour feedback matters!
My mother (58+ yrs) is currently under treatment for Hypothyroidism (Eltroxin 50 mcg), Hypertension (Olmezest 20 mg) & Osteoarthritis (stage-2) in knee joints. Since past couple of days, she feels cramp on the right foot, which pains specially during walking, rather than resting positions. She had applied 'Oxalgin Nanogel' but the pain seems to increase gradually. Although there is no swelling on the foot or ankle, but the veins of the foot look more prominent than normal. She had faced similar problems (on either left or right foot but not both) 5-6 times in past 3-4 months, but had never happened before. Is it simply a muscle cramp or, something serious (e.g. Related to heart, kidney or liver issues) ?
How to control diabetes in the initial stage? My mom sugar level is 204. This was taken after 1 HR having a meal. How to control naturally pls tell.
I just had my fasting sugar test done. Mine fasting sugar was 115 and PP was 151. Please let me what should be the action plan. I do not have any heredity. Can it be reversed?
Can I eat coconut while am a diabetic and if so what quantity should I take of coconut. I am suffering from this disease for last five Years. Recently I got test fasting is 231 and pp is 422.
I am 65 years old man. Height is 5.7. I am suffering from sugar and high bp. Testing report HbA1C 10.8 AVERAGE BLOOD SUGAR 263 bp 85/130 white colour jhag in urine please suggest me medicine I am already use telmikind-H ONE TIME A DAY PIOZ MF 15 ONE TAB DAILY
I am 60 years old man. Recently have done blood test and my sugar level is 93 and triglyceride level is 360 which is more than twice of normal level after 12 hours empty stomach. Please suggest what should I do now?
Hello. I am 28yrs female. 3-4 days earlier I done some test by pathalogy *torch *thyroid also & it is positive thyroid-6.50 something. Im in living relationship with one guy. Coming next 2months i'll get marry with him. But I having 1 question if I get married then I having complications in pregancy it is true? or not. Please reply *my partner blood group is'o'positive & my own blood group is'b' positive. Please reply * very personal-we done one time abortion on 6-7 years ago.
I am taking ELTROXIN 100 for the past 2 years. My thyroid profile as on 28-10-2016 is as given below: T3, Free FT3 - 3.31 T4, Free FT4 - 1.36 TSH, Ultrasensitive - 0.599 Please inform the dosage of ELTROXIN per day Regards,
What are the restrictions to be followed for a diabetes person. My sugar fasting level is 104. What are the ayurvedic medicine which are suitable for me.
I am patient of Diabetic,I have sugar level 250 always,I am taking daily sugar medicine but it is not controlled,what I do ?
Each tiny action we commit involves the risk of a condition, disease or disorder. For instance, sneezing a bit too hard can rupture an eye vessel, or having your face right up against the wind in a moving bus can expose you to germs. Diabetes is as prevalent as common cold in every household and there is no end to the list of causes that can make you suffer from it. While regular check-ups, medications, insulin shots can help you cope, there are certain measures that if followed, can enable you to avoid the risk of secondary yet fatal diseases. Diabetic nephropathy is one such condition.
When Kidney is affected to the extent that it cannot perform its functions(like excretion of wastes in urine, filtering blood from waste, maintaining electrolyte balance,etc.) properly, it is called as Nephropathy. The reason behind kidney damage could be many, but if diabetes is the prime cause, it is known as diabetic nephropathy in medical terms.
A few features of this disorder are as follows:
- The kidneys comprise of several small blood vessels, which perform the function of sifting waste from your blood. Diabetes at an advanced stage can impede smooth functioning of these vessels. As a result, the kidneys malfunction or a person faces kidney failure.
- Nephropathy brings along some other health issues as well. A person's blood pressure may increase as a result, thus making him or her prone to heart attacks and strokes. Sharp rise in cholesterol and triglyceride levels has also been noticed.
- A doctor will check for the presence of a protein called albumin in the patient's urine to know if you suffer from nephropathy or not. Other tests to determine the functioning of kidneys are - S.Creatinine, eGFR, Albumin/Creatinine Ratio (ACR), 24 Hour Urine Protein, Renal Function Tests, etc. A diabetic person should therefore go in for yearly tests.
In a given situation such as this, dialysis or kidney transplant comes to your aid. Both are done when kidney functions are irreversibly damaged. Dialysis can be of two kinds; Hemodialysis or Peritoneal dialysis. Dialysis (also called as Renal Replacement Therapy) remedies kidney damage and kidney failure by using a machine to extract salts, wastes and other fluids in excess from the blood to let your blood have a healthy composition. Dialysis should only be done under the supervision of an experienced nephrologist for best results.
He is suffering from diabetes and age is just 20 years old? how to control sugar level of such patient. Please advise.
I have done health check up. Ast (liver) came 54 Fbs (sugar) came 102 Sugar is slight more. Am I diabetic.
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
3. Hysteroscopic surgery: This is a last resort, which is taken only when there are significant problems such as intrauterine scar tissue, uterine septum or endometrial polyps.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.