Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. T A PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Hi I am om mukhija. Whenever I eat some thing myself start feeling uneasy. My b p goes up 170. I m 66 years old I'm diabetic also. please suggest what to do.
I am 35 year old male had been suffering from diabetes since 2013, fast -225 P. P-295, please suggest me ayurveda medicine. What kinds of medicine I take. Currently I used to take Glimprex 2mg.
We are married for almost 7 years still we are not blessed with a baby 1 tube is blocked doctors always suggest for ivf.
I am a diabetic person can I take coffee prepared by gree coffee beans once in a day. I understand coffee is not good for diabetic persons.
Me & wife suffering from diabetics since last 10 years taking medicines jalra m50&reclide xr-60 &glycomet 850 respectively, daily morning& evening walk of 3 km but still sugar level remains 200mg/dl. Kindly advice how to control?
My father right arm is very paining from last 3 months. and I think diabetes is the reason. am i right.?
I am 44 year old pre diabetic,(105/140) with history of high bp (control with tab) doing field work job, cholesterol is OK but serum creatinine is 1. Please advise me how to delay the progression of diabetes and other decease.
Greetings Doctor, I am 20 years old I don't have any health issues I am fond of eating sweets more say if we bring 1 kg sweets in home up to 30% will be finished by me itself everybody tells me that this will have effect on my health in feature or after I turn 30 I want to know that is that true. And if I eat excessive sweet how can I balance it to normal sugar level.
My father is 81 of age he is diabetic his sugar level is eratic for the past 1 month and he is suffering from constipation. He is taking regular medicine for sugar and he is feeling weakness. He is not able to walk.
I am 69 years old having bp & diabities ii. For bp. I am taking asomax 5, enam 10mg in the morning & embeta xr 50 in the evening with theses my bp is remain in control;. For diabities I was taking tribet 2 fort, in the morning before b. F & onglyza after bf & in the night metsmall 1000 after dinner. The fatting was 160-180. Now I got checked in escorts new delhi, th Dr. Said that in tribet 2 fort pioglitazone is there with this weight will increase, so he chsnged to gemer 2 ds in place of tribet 2 fott other remains same, but my fasting suger is 180 -200 my ht is 5ft 6in 7 wt 86 kg. Pl advice how to lower fasting sugar. Thanks
I have thyroid problem, worried as weight not getting reduced. I do rotational shifts, due to this am not having proper diet and exercises. Please suggest a diet for me to reduce weight and am getting stretch marks on my body too.
I am 29 yrs old and I have diabetes from last 3 yrs. It is coming around 150 in fasting and 240 after meal. I am taking gluconorm g1. please suggest.
Iam suffered from diabetics & BP. Last few days and still i m suffered with cold. Headache too. Please give the right advice.
I use to take thyrox 50 for my overactive thyroid. Now my tsh is 4.33, should I continue taking the medicine?
My mother takes 1000 mg fish oil everyday Of EPA 180 mg and DHA120 mg for healthy heart functioning and joint support. She is also a type 2 diabetes patient. Will there be any side effects of using fish oil long term?
I am diabetic since 25 years started with Glycomet 1 gm &using insulin. Any alternate to insulin in Homoeopathy Or in ayurveda.
The thyroid gland, in the lower front of the neck, releases hormones in the bloodstream that affect almost every part of your body, from your brain and heart, to your skin and muscles. It also controls metabolism which is the process of changing the food you eat into energy. When the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormone, it is called hypothyroidism.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Hair loss and dry hair
- Dry skin
- Sensitivity to cold
- Decreased heart rate
- Goitre (swollen thyroid glands)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing that weight
- Persistent jaundice
Hypothyroidism is not curable, but it can be controlled with the right medication. Along with taking your medicines, you can also adopt the following lifestyle changes:
- Eat right: While there is no specific diet for hypothyroidism, you should consume vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy fats and lean proteins. Since gaining weight is a common symptom of hypothyroidism, eating the right things can help you maintain your weight.
- Regular exercise: Exercising can reduce stress, improve energy and help you maintain your optimum weight. Aerobics (for example, cardio), flexibility and strengthening workouts can help with hypothyroidism. Other than that, light weightlifting, yoga and walking, are also beneficial. Do not forget to consult your doctor before you start on any of these exercises.
- Reduce stress: Hypothyroidism is chronic, and the one thing that worsens chronic diseases is stress. Stress has serious repercussions on your overall health. So it is important to reduce your stress as much as you can. Meditate daily, at least for five minutes, and schedule a weekly massage to deal with your stress.
- Get enough sleep: Fatigue is a symptom of hypothyroidism; you feel tired and sluggish throughout the day. The best way to counter this is to establish a schedule for sleeping. Try to sleep and wake up every day at the same time in the night and in the morning. Generally, sleeping for seven to eight hours is recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist and ask a free question.