Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. T A PrabhuYour feedback matters!
My sugar levels are 125/172. Presently using GLUCORYL M1 in early hours with empty stomach. Shall I continue forever. Pl advise me.
I am 45 male suffering from high Blood pressure. Presently taking Telma 80H. Also have diabetes problems. Suggest me the best medicine to control my above diseases.
I am 42 years old, I am diabetic. How to control sugar levels? I am using glucoryl mv2. What tablets can suggest? My sugar levels are between 210 to 240 (random)
I am 32 male detected with diabetic sugar level is 186 random and gycosylete hb is 8. 6 .Please suggest diet and medicine.
2 pegs of 60 ml per day thrice in a week is good for health and any snacks are to be consumed while drinking preferably vegetarian. I am a DIABETIC for last 23 years and now I am on Insulin 26 units in the morning and 28 units in the evening. Please advise further. Santhosh Kumar.
I am 37 year old and diabetic. Sugar is normal. Also taking uric acid tablets. Daily I have too much body pain. Thyroid and calcium test also normal. Please suggest me what is the problem.
Dear Doctors, I have come across product "GlyxGo" claiming to reverse Type II diabetics. Are their claims proven or described mechanism scientifically correct. Can it be taken along with regular diabetic medicines without any adverse effects? Thanks.
I am diabetic and high blood pressure patient From last one year I am unable to sexual relation to my partner Please help.
Have been taking Rosuvastatin for 7 years. And a diabetic. But all in control. But losing libido and erections. Can Statins be the cause. What is the remedy?
Sir, I am 45 Years old and very recently within 3 months I lost my weight from 85 kgs. To 64 kgs. And on check-up of blood sugar; it is now 452. What should I do now?
I have thyroid since 2 yrs and my weight increasing too, can you please tell me what should I do now?
I am 43 years old lady. I am having hypothyroidism. I attained menopause. I am having joint pain especially neck, shoulder, hands.
Hello sir, I have diabetes from the past 10 years which ranges between 200 to 250 mg, moreover I also have cholesterol and high bp problem. I have a query that how can I keep a check over my diabetes and cholesterol level, is there any permanent solution to all of this .what kind of precautions to take up. Regards.
I got my blood sugar level 206 in fasting. I or my family members do not have diabetes. I have cold from 3 days. Did cold increase my sugar level or I have diabetes.
I have a diabetes problem and it is increasing day by day so I want some suggestion to reduce it. I know it can not be avoided so please do something so I can reduce it.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.