Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RavichandranYour feedback matters!
Sir my mom have regularly acidity problem and have high bp also. What will I do for her acidity prob.
My sister is having gas trouble for past one month. Last week motion is not coming properly only gas is coming .she is eating fruits ,badam and dates. She is avoiding rice for past one month. Only chapathi and dosa is her food. Please give remedy for gas trouble.
Whenever I ate something, I have feeling for going to bathroom. I am having this problem from last 15 days and also I have heavy gastric when I wake up in the morning. I have taken again, drink honey-water in morning, also taken lemoform but still have same problem.
I am suffering from Digestion problem, everyday after doing lunch, I go to washroom every five of ten minutes. Every time I find Mucus in my potty. I stomach pains a lot. My anus feels swollen. I feel very weak. I have gas problems too.
I am looking for ayurvedic remedy for basic indigestion and gastric problems. Some change in the routine food also yields problems. Any precautionary medicines in ayurveda? Please let me know.
I am a 52 years old male. I have chronic acidity problem for the past 10 yrs. Rarely can I do without antacid. Acidity is accentuated in the evening / night. Can you suggest a remedy for this. Can homeopathy help cure this problem? Otherwise I am of sound health and an active person. Thanks.
I am acidity patient. From 4years ago. I could not clear my acidity, indigestion, flatulence, stool. This cause I am very weak. I check up my problem by allopathy and homeopathy doctor many time. But I did not give good result. I take revital h from few days ago? And carminozyme liver correct syrup.
Hello Dr. I'm 21 years old. I had abdominal pain n my doctor said tht I have jaundice. My question is tht is it common to have abdominal pain in jaundice. N how much time it will take to recover.
Dyspepsia is an uncommon word, but a very common problem. This medical condition is more commonly known as indigestion of the stomach and small intestine. The symptoms of this condition include abdominal pain, bloating, belching, nausea and a loss of appetite. They come and go varying terms of frequency and intensity.
Some of the common causes of dyspepsia are lactose intolerance, anxiety, regurgitated stomach juices, stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome and excessive caffeine or alcohol intake. In most cases dyspepsia can be easily treated with home remedies. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
Here are the 5 best ways to treat it:
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice cleanses the digestive system by flushing out waste material and undigested food. It also inhibits the formation of acids in the stomach and boosts appetite. Dilute the juice of 1 lemon in a glass of water to avail its benefits. You could also add half a teaspoon of fresh ginger juice to this. Ginger also aids in digestion and prevents flatulence.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk has cooling properties and helps calm the stomach and intestines. It is also suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. Drink a glass of buttermilk immediately after a meal to improve your digestion. You could also flavor it with roasted cumin powder or mint. Mint also helps in relieving indigestion and prevents buildup of gases in the stomach while cumin stimulates the secretion of pancreatic enzymes.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is the best remedy for any stomach bug. It is rich in probiotics that help restore balance healthy gut bacteria and stabilize digestion. Yogurt can be had as an accompaniment to your meals or mixed with steamed rice to make it a meal in itself.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek boosts appetite and helps relieve indigestion. This herb is known for its soothing properties that cleanse the digestive system. Fenugreek leaves can be bitter and unpalatable. Hence, to benefit from this, boil the leaves and then lightly fry them in butter before eating them.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate juice is an excellent way to treat indigestion and diarrhea. Its antioxidant properties also make it a good remedy for heartburn. To benefit from pomegranate juice, dilute the juice of a pomegranate in a glass of water along with a tablespoon of honey.
Along with this, also take a look at your eating habits. Avoid eating on the move and chew your food properly. Eat only when you are hungry and control your portion sizes. Lastly, make the time to exercise for half an hour or so every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gastroenterologist and ask a free question.