Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Miriam ThomasYour feedback matters!
I am always having acid or gas problem. Even if I am not eating non veg items. Means I am a vegetarian diet then also why I am having this kind of problem. Is anything wrong with my diet. Send your suggestions soon.
Hi . I'm suffering gas trouble from last 3Years. If I had breakfast or lunch I felt in easy in stomach. Please tell me solutions to my problem.
I have some digestion problem actually as earlier I drink expired milk so that time I have a infection on my stomach so milk related products are not digest so tell me what can I do?
I am 40 years old. I have heart burning symptoms always and I have digestion problems also. My gall bladder is removed last year. What should I do? please advice me.
Hi Doctor, I am 33 years old from Bangladesh. I need to know about a gastric ulcer. I am suffering with this problem for 2 years. I got a Endoscopy report which showing that, a small gastric ulcer.
Good Evening Doctor. I'm 66 yrs. Dr. after suffering TIA stroke 3 years back and last April gain I felt slightly 2nd effect of TIA Stroke effect. After which I started feeling even more weak. Every 15 days I use to see new small problems and Dr. went on giving various medicines. I even started physiotherapy as I have no strength in my hands and legs. But these new medication was not helping me. So as 2nd opinion I consulted another GP doctor and he told me that I'm taking too many medicines and that's making me weak and asked me to stop all those and just stick to my regular medicines Eltroxin 25 mcg for thyroid, Telma 20 mg for BP only when BP shows more than 140 /90 otherwise told Telma 20 not needed, Calaptin 40 mg morning, deplatt A 75 mg for Afternoon after lunch and Avas 5 mg and Calaptin 40 mg after dinner. So I'm just taking these regular medicines and stopped the rest. Now for strength this specialist Doctor advised me to take 1 injection of Arachitol 6lakh and asked to take Vitcofol 2 cc injection alternate days 5 doses and Nurokind capsule for 1 month twice a day. So today was my last Vitcofol 2 cc 5th dose of injection. I'm feeling some strength in body and happy. But since I started this injection and Nurokind capsule I'm feeling a kind of stomach twisting and vomiting feeling I'm not feeling hungry always feeling full. I'm not getting vomit but feeling like that. Doctor I request you to please help me? Do you think that stomach twisting and vomiting sensation was due to these injection and Nurokind capsule Or else do you think any other serious health issue has come? Doctor I got all my tests, ECG everything done and all are normal. So why now I'm feeling this stomach twisting and vomiting like feeling? Please advise. Thanking you
Hii. I am suffering from fissure. People say there is no permanent solution to it. So I would like to ask you whethr there is any permanent solution for it? if yes, could you please suggest me please. Thank you.
What are the causes for acidity? And how to get relieve from that? What are the foods which causes acidity?
I'm 27 years male and having a burning feeling from inside from 2 days. It starts from above part of chest to neck i'm unable to eat as food doesn't go down. Is it acidity? or what i'm not able to identify it. What shall I do?
Hi, my daughter's age is almost 3 years. She is having problem in going to latrine. She never wants to go to toilet, she starts crying when we takes her to latrine. I took her to the doctor and he said that take her daily to toilet and I did it but she cries a lot, he gave her syrup called empty. Now almost three days are over and she hasn't gone to toilet. Please suggest what to do.
Dear DOCTOR, This is 48 years old male with problem of bloating stomach since last 3+years. Some suggested to keep out Chanana daal, Lady finger, beer, corn of all forms bread (whole wheat) /fermented products as well. I had been restricting myself from all these since last 18 months, little relief. Since last 3/4 months I had been on buttermilk n some fruits at lunch time n some dry snax like rice puff n so on. Little relief yet. So what is the right remedy n eating schedule / habit so this is cured, I am vegetarian n can try to follow your food advice.
I am 22 year old female and have complain of blood coming out while passing stool it doest not occur frequently only once a while and only occurs when I pass but hard stool. What should I do.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.