Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manimaran
Submit a review for Dr. ManimaranYour feedback matters!
So I have met with Dr. Sreelatha and her staff and absolutely love them. I automatically felt comfortable from day 1 with their work and follow up care. Her wonderful care and attention to detail shone through from the first time I met her and have continued to shine even ow that I am one month post- op. With the results, I did not realize how drastically I used to look until seeing my pictures. I am thrilled to say each week continues too improve as my body heals and skin tightens up. Dr. Sreelatha and her staff were very supportive and motivating with my diet and exercise program. With their support and the results I have seen, I have fully regained my confidence in my body, see a new me in the mirror and am more motivated to work on my goals to hold on healthy weight and staying healthy. My recommendation is the program is worth it and to be mentally prepared for the big challenge.
I met Dr. Sreelatha at my dental clinic for her dental treatment. During one of her visits when I was talking about my sagging breast and was expressing my concern to correct it, she showed me few of her patient's pre op and post op pictures. I was amazed at her results. I felt I had to correct it since I am more of a public facing woman. I decided to meet her in her clinic. She explained about entire clinical procedure (laser breast reduction) and I gained confidence after talking to her. The entire procedure was under local anesthesia like she had mentioned. I had little or no discomfort at all. The entire procedure was over within 2 hours duration. I was very comfortable during and after the procedure. I could see immediate results and I walked back hoe with no pain. It is 10 days now and I feel a lot of difference and I am happy about it. On the whole if I should say, Dr. Sreelatha has an excellent hand skill and an amazing set of team members. I wish silkee clinic all the best for their future endeavors and I am thoroughly happy that I got my treatment under Dr. Sreelatha murugappan.
Dr. V****, vadapalani, chennai&nbsp;
Michael angelo saw'david' in a block of marble. Dr. Sreelatha envisions a beautiful human shape in every obese mass of human flesh she sees. She and her enthusiastic dedicated team work diligently towards sculpting a beautiful shape from the shapeless mass they are presented with. They enforce the vision of beautiful form they are working towards in the mind of the person they are working with and are with them each step of the way celebrating each small triumph towards achieving the beautiful goal. God bless them all and keep their lovely smiles on their faces always.
Almas, chennai 84
Very good people. Great service. Dr. Sreelatha is very well experienced and comforting. Will recommend to friends. A family away from home.
Margarita glenn, abu dhabi,
I am undergoing treatment to reduce abdomen and to reduce my weight. I am able to feel very light now and some reduction in my abdomen within a few days of treatment. Doctor's advice and special care has changed my lifestyle itself, food habits etc. They give appointment and follow it up on dot, so no waste of time for the patients. They have good staff nurses who do the program very patiently and they understand what is our tolerable level for the laser treatment and d o it perfectly. Doctor gives special care for all the patients and she addresses the nurses every now and then how the procedure has to be done and where the problem is. After taking treatment here. No one can go back to their pre treatment stage even after the program is over. Such care and advice is given in this clinic.
Veeraraghavan, chennai 66
Acidity is an ailment that troubles most people regardless of the absence of any other medical condition. It causes discomfort in the chest region along with heart burn and indigestion. If you are distressed with acidity, you may consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment which would help in alleviating the problem to a great extent.
1. Tulsi leaves:
• Tulsi leaves help in stimulating the stomach for production of more mucus and are also rich in anti-ulcer properties which cause a significant reduction in the effects of gastric acid.
• It is recommended to chew 5 to 6 clean Tulsi leaves when you have acidity to soothe the stomach.
• The potassium content in ripe bananas helps in eliminating sudden bouts of acidity.
• Bananas also aid in relieving constipation problems and cause healthy bowel movement.
3. Cumin seeds:
• Cumin seeds which are commonly used in cooking dishes have anti-inflammatory properties that aid in soothing the digestive tract.
• These stimulate saliva production, boost metabolism and relieve the problem of bloating along with other discomforts caused by gastric troubles.
• You may chew a few cumin seeds when troubled with acidity or boil them in water and drink the solution.
4. Cold milk:
• The richness of calcium in milk aids in reducing acid problems and absorbing the acid which has already been produced.
• It helps in providing instant relief from the burning sensation owing to its coldness.
• But it is important to drink it plain without any additives like sugar.
• Cloves are known for their calmative properties which help to improve the process of peristalsis by which food moves down the stomach.
• When you put a clove in your mouth, just bite it once to help in releasing the extracts which would reach your digestive tract and immediately lower down the acid reflux.
• If you do not find raw ginger to be very pungent, you can keep a candied ginger slice in your mouth for instant relief from acidity.
• If you feel that you wouldn’t be able to chew raw ginger, you can boil it in water and drink it after it cools down.
• Ginger can be also eaten with a small piece of jaggery to help the juice reach the stomach and alleviate the acidity.
7. Mint leaves:
• Commonly referred to as ‘pudina’, mint leaves are known for lowering the acid content and improve digestion.
• If you feel that an acid attack is imminent, you can chop down a few mint leaves and boil it in water and drink the solution for eliminating bloating problems.
These few Ayurvedic remedies can help in soothing acidity along with its other symptoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!