Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L. AlagusundaramYour feedback matters!
I am 47 years having problem of erect dysfunction and unable to have sufficient sex. Due to increased prostate. Please advise me ayurvedic treatment so I can lead healthy sex life.
I can't sleep at night. Which causes dark circles which looks weird. May you tell me how to cure that?
I am 18 years old boy and I have many pimples & marks of shaving so what should I do for get rid of these?
Hi, I am 26 year old. I have been working out in gym from a few years (not very regular though). Earlier whenever I ate less for a few days, I would start feeling uneasy in the anal region and sometime little blood in stools. After noticing this, I used to start exercising regularly again and the problem used to go away. But now I am having the same problem but exercising is not helping anymore. Few drops of blood, pain during bowel movements are there. I can also notice a very small lump at the outer part of the anal region. Need advice and help.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below.
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.
I want know I am daily using razor to give shape to my beard but part of my skin where I am using razor is getting dull and black I want recover it and make it fair skin please help to make it and tell me precaution which I have to take.
I am 22. I have pimples, dark circles and holes. How can I remove pimples, dark circles and holes. Please suggest me.
I had acne on face but now there is scares because of pimples ,Is it possible to make smooth clear skin?
Having dark color in my toes. After using Cosvate gm and topisal 6 for about 4 months, it had gone. But when I stopped using the creams it again appeared.
My son has developed very rough skin and dark in color mainly due to dust sticking to sweat. From last week he developed prickly heat also. Please advice for good and glowing skin. He has dry skin.
Hi, I am a 26 years old female. I am using chemical based cream for removal of hairs of intimate area. Due to which, skin tone becomes very dark. Pls suggest me some creams or powder to remove the hairs of intimate area which do not darken the skin tone. Also please suggest some cream to make intimate area skin fair.
I am done mild chemical peel today. She gave to apply sunscreen lotion, femcinol ADP gel, mandisa foam and minonil er 45. How to use these medicine can I wash my face after 6 hours of chemical peel. May I know all this.
What I need to do to remove tanned skin to normal skin, I get tanned easily when I go to sunlight ,my hands will tan very fast. And the small hair on my hands will black soon after tanned it' will go slowly, but day by day increasing ,plz tell me to remove these kind of problems, and if I fold my shirt hands ,my face looks white and hands look black. If got to sunlight it will increase. I don't know what is this due to melanin or may be And I have hair on legs and hands more. Once I trimmed by putting no 5 point trimmer ,just to put in equal portion If you solve this problem, with in one week I will meet you and take treatment, please doc solve this problem, and by next year I'm planning to go abroad and solve this problem.
I have dark spots as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
How to cure acne scars? I have used all prescribes clyndamycin gels and alike products as suggested by the doctors. But nothing worked. How to reduce the scars. Home remedies didn't work as well.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.