Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K KamalakannanYour feedback matters!
Hi docs I am male 22. I live in hostel and I am working. Due to heat in my body, it was leading to burning sensation frequently at anus after poop and that sensation is going on throughout the day. Can you please suggest me medicine to get rid of it. I eat only curd rice daily. I don't smoke or drink. I am a veggie. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from loose motion from past 2 days. Stomach gets bloated minute after coming from toilet and has tendency of motion again. Popping sound comes from stomach. Sometimes I can't stop stool and it comes out automatically.
Hi sir or mam .i would like to know the remedies of acidity heat burn and bloating .my friend is suffering from this everyday he is using medicines and gastric tablets and some syrups but there bo use. After eating anything he is bloating to mouth so. please tell me some solution here .thank you.
I am having blood in my stool. This starts since a week ago. And i'm seeing the blood along with my stool everyday. I don't feel any constipation, no nothing, I am feeling very normal. What could it be? Could it be severe?
My dad has a gallbladder stone of about 20mm. Lately he got severe pain in belly and upon consulting doctors and carrying out various tests, the problem got diagnosed by doctors. After medication and infusions, infection which was detected and the cause of pain is gone now. But Doctors have advised for operation. Problem is, age of my dad is 70 years, is fitted with peacemaker from last 30 years which has been changed last year twice. First time there was some problem with the packing or the wires. Dad is weak, has only 6.5 g blood and thus doctors have suggested mini operation. My question is, what is the risk factor in operation. As doctors say this is high risk operation. Is this a normal or involves some kind of hitesh technology which is not available at every place.
There may be times when we get completely drained and fatigued and may feel like our insides could jump out because of the pain that we have in our stomachs. We may dismiss the issue as unimportant or due to a stressful day at work, and may think the stomach pain could be because of the extra spicy food we love to have every once in a while. However, a lot of people may tend to ignore this symptom and that is when stomach ache may turn out to be actually because of a peptic ulcer.
Peptic ulcer or stomach ulcer is a common occurrence and happens to a lot of people; however, it must be understood that not treating the problem in time may be troublesome in the long run and increase the recovery time. In order to be able to identify the peptic ulcers and to take the right treatment measures, it may be important for you to understand the problem and know how it is caused, and how it may be treated.
What causes peptic ulcers?
A peptic ulcer is diagnosed as inflammatory sores on the lining of the stomach or the food pipe, which transfers food to the stomach or even in the intestine. There are a number of factors that can cause inflammatory sores in the stomach region. The factors are as follows:
- The use of medicines that are meant to be painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs. The acid levels of the stomach and the food pipe may get disturbed because of these medicines and may give rise to ulcers.
- In a lot of cases, the ulcers may also take place because of the presence of a tumour or a gastrinoma in the stomach that imbalance the levels of acid in the stomach.
- High alcohol consumption may also lead to the formation of sores on the stomach lining.
- Using tobacco or smoking are some other factors that contribute to the acid imbalance in the stomach.
- In the case of some serious illnesses, a lot of people may fall prey to peptic ulcers.
- Those who may have undergone radiation treatment around the stomach may also experience ulcers.
Though it may be known that excessive pain in the abdominal region may be due to stomach ulcers, it is important to understand that it happens due to bacterial infections, and when there is a bacterial infection in the body, you may have to undergo proper treatment. The treatment for this problem includes the use of medications as suggested by a qualified doctor, surgery in some severe cases, and most importantly lifestyle changes.
My mother’s age 45 year old. She has high BP problems and she has facing this problem since last two years. And also she has gas problem and pain in chest most of time she says due to gas my BP increase she got pain also in her chest. So what is precaution for gas and how to maintain BP.
Dear Dr. For the last couple of week I am having a severe pain in my rectal area while going toilet but I have not identified any blood coming out or the rectal area pulling out but still there is severe pain when the stole is coming out can you please advice me how to get relief from this thanking you.
I m 26 year old I have digestion problem please help me out how to improve my digestion system so that I can eat my favriot food.
I am having gall bladder (pancreas) stone problem, what could be my regular diet including fruits and vegetable not to have and any pulses against it? Should I take Health Viva LEAN Capsule for weight loss, if yes, how to take i.e. How many times and day and each time how much and before food or after food.
Over eating or spicy food gives us regular or once-in-a-while acidity. While we all love to indulge in good food, at times, we are forced to abstain for fear of the acidic reaction that follows.
Follow these simple home remedies which can cure and help combat acidity.
1) Cold milk - milk has calcium which stops acid build up in the stomach. For immediate relief from acidity, it is advised to drink a glass of cold milk.
2) Fennel Seeds - if you have had a spicy or a heavy meal, chew on some fennel seeds as is the habit in india, traditionally.
3) Ginger - ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which help cure acidity. All that one needs to do is chew on a slice of ginger. If you have a chronic acidity problem, you can make it a habit to drink the water with ginger boiled in it.
4) Cloves - if you face problems with acidity regularly, it is advisable to carry cloves with you at all times. Chew a few cloves everytime you feel acidic.
5) Basil Leaves - chew basil leaves at the first sign of acidity. Alternatively, you can also boil 3-5 leaves in a cup of water for a few minutes. Drink this water for relief. While you can add honey for taste, do not add milk.
6) Cinnamon - boil half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of water for a few minutes and drink it throughout the day.
7) Buttermilk - lactic acid in buttermilk helps dilute the acidity in your stomach. Drink chilled buttermilk bit by bit throughout the day or until you get relief.
8) Cardamom - cardamom is known to sooth the inner lining of our stomach to reduce the effects of excess acid produced in the stomach. You can crush a couple of cardamom pods, boil in water, and drink it for instant relief.
9) Mint Leaves - mint leaves help digestion and in lowering the acid content in our stomach. Boil some chopped mint leaves in water, cool the water and drink it.
10) Banana - bananas contain natural antacids. Potassium in bananas keeps the acid production in your stomach under check. Eat a ripe or overripe banana to beat acidity.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
What happens to your brain when you get black out drunk?
Have you ever awoken after a night of drinking and were clueless about what happened or what you did? Or have you ever been drinking and found yourself in a strange location but had no clue as to how you got there? If any of these episodes of amnesia sounds familiar, then you have experienced an alcohol-induced blackout.
Blackouts occur when alcohol prevents the imprinting of memories from short-term memory to long-term memory.
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, there are two different types of blackouts (memory loss) induced by alcohol.
- The first is a partial blackout and it usually occurs after you consume a small amount of alcohol eg forgetting what topic you are talking about in the middle of a conversation. With a partial blackout, you may forget information that you know, like your address or phone number, or the names of people whom you know well. When someone offers a missing piece of information, your mind is able to recall what happened during a partial blackout.
- The second type is called a complete alcohol blackout. You may physically be able to function and perform mental tasks but you aren’t your normal self. The ability to make decisions and judge actions is impaired during a blackout. Since you have little or no control over your emotions and impulses during this interval of time, your behavior can be wildly unpredictable. Blackouts can last for a few minutes or up to a week after drinking. During this episode, you are unable to retain any memory. When others try to fill in the blanks, you are completely unable to recall any information.
Blackouts are usually caused by heavy drinking on an empty stomach. Binge drinking (more than 5-6 drinks in a span of few hours) makes your blood alcohol levels rise too rapidly, thus producing a blackout.
Other things you should know about blackouts:
Women are much more susceptible because of differences in how men and women metabolize alcohol. Females also may be more susceptible than males to milder forms of alcohol-induced memory impairments, even when men and women consume comparable amounts of alcohol.
Hence binge alcohol consumption warrants early medical intervention before it leads to permanent memory impairment.