Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Kamalakannan
Submit a review for Dr. K KamalakannanYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old male and my digestive system (pachan tantra) are not healthy or strong and effect- pimple on my face, hair fall and constipation. please any medicine and syrup suggest for my liver and digestive system healthy and strong. please plz suggest.
I have been suffering from constipation, terrible gas and bloating after eating anything or even after drinking water. Stomach bloats even after emptying my bowels. The distension and gas on waking up in the morning is really bad. Please advise.
I am hbsAg positive patient .andi was suffered from jaundice 4 month back.and I m having itching all over body and abdominal discomfort
Few calculi are seen in my gall bladder. My liver is great. 2 fatty. Right costophrenic angle is blunt and right sided pleural effusion. I want to know this is serious problem. What I have to do now for better treatment.
I am 29 year old. First Gastroenterologist diagnosed that I have Gastroesophageal reflux disease, so gave medicines which does not help, than he diagnosed that I have Irritable bowel syndrome. My symptoms are - 1) Hard Stool, Loosen only When I drink lot of Water 2) Changing stools 3) If I eat somethings which cannot be digested, it produces heat so much that My whole body burn. Now lately I have some other symptoms - 1. Constantly burning - My legs are burning, my stomach feels hot to touch, my eyes get hot, I get headache, I feel weak, tired,I have to drink 4-5 Litres of water per day to cool down my body, Sweating happens all the time, When I am sleeping In night, I get super hot, my whole body burns so much, I have to wake up, My eyes are red When I wake Up. Sometimes I have nightfall When I drink too much water to cool down my body I cannot sleep until I get cool down through drinking water. I do not know what is problem that I get when I am sleeping, I do burn all day but it keep on changing through sweating. Kindly tell me What is problem in my body. I need help as I have gone to many doctors, nobody understand the problem, they prescribe the medicine, they do not cure. I have taken thyroid test - it is normal, b12 test also, waiting results, If Gerd is problem, can stomach acid go in whole body.
I've a liver & pancreas problem, max times gas problems occurs, what to do with my problem suggest me?
Gas or flatulence is a condition where the microorganisms present in the intestines break down the food and release excessive gases such as carbon dioxide and methane, which is usually let out from the anus. It can lead to pain in the stomach and an uneasy feeling in the body.
1. When foods that are not digested properly are broken down
2. Lactose intolerance
3. Swallowing air
4. Certain foods not being absorbed properly in the digestive system
5. When a child does other activities, while eating, then it can cause gas to accumulate air in the intestines leading to gas
6. The sweeteners present in chewing gums can get trapped in the intestines and ferment into gas
7. Vegetables such as cauliflower and broccoli can cause gas
8. Soft drinks that cause phosphoric acid can also lead to gas
9. Some children are sensitive to fat and fiber, and consuming these nutrients can lead to gas
The symptoms of gas pain in children are cramps in the stomach region along with diarrhea. It can also lead to irregular eating, being fussy about food and pulling up the legs to the belly.
Treatments and preventive measures
1. Consuming food containing probiotics such as yoghurt and soy can help in treating gas
2. Eliminating vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower from your child's diet
3. Decreasing the amount of milk in the diet
4. Limiting consumption of chewing gums as they contain artificial sweeteners , which cause gas
5. A hot drink such as tea made from herbs like peppermint can help in easing the symptoms of gas
6. Encouraging your child to exercise can help in preventing gas
7. Getting your child to drink water in proper amounts
8. Consuming a healthy diet of vegetables and fruits
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!