Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gowrishankar
Submit a review for Dr. GowrishankarYour feedback matters!
Am a diabetic and hypertension patient and under medication. As prescribed by cardiologist using CervinA 75 mg for more than 10 years. Recently it is diagnosed duodenal ulcer to me and doctor gastroenterologist advised medication with an advice to stop all citric contents, spicy food, chilli etc. But not reviewed other medication. One of my welwisher expressed to get a clarity that can I use CervinA 75 even after ulcer is traced. Request to advise me suitably. Regards Appi Reddy.
My wife have 11 mm Stone in gallbladder please guide me it is possible to remove Stone throw mouth by pipe or gallbladder is removed permanently.
My mother, 55 years, suffering from acidity problems from last 5-6 years. Every morning she complains'baicheni, ghabarahat, vomitting sensations'stomach pain. We tried multiple doctors. Currently she is only taking diet of salads, no mirchi boiled veggies n roti. But still in morning she has same problems. She is having weakness now. She has a basic nature of taking so much tension of nothing. please suggest some treatment.
I have some disorder in digestion. It started 3 months before. Whatever I eat I can not digest properly. Kindly help me out.
Digestive problem from 2 months, medicines and syrups didn't work all were prescribed by the doctors but nothing happened. What should i do now?
My sister has age of near 25 She has an problem related to stomach she has burn in stomach and also has problem in passing gas tell some medication or some home remedies.
One of the most common health problems people have is indigestion. As per ayurveda, the accumulation of Ama or toxins leads to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. And this is the rootcause for indigestion.
The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. Ayurveda relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the rootcause of ailments. Indigestion usually occurs because of bad daily habits & less physical activity.
There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top tips for the same:
- Timely intake of meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
- Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cure stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
- Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and yoga especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
- Aloe vera: An ounce of aloe vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
- Turmeric: Haldi or turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in ayurveda. This spice is a staple in indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked turmeric.
- Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
- Avoiding unhealthy food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
- Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.