Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepu RajkamalYour feedback matters!
R/Dr I suffer in acidity, back pain, upper chest pain& swollen Dr. suggest me lanol ER, tricaine, coral calcium, uprise D3 but I have continuous pain & my body swell. please help my why my body swell and m feeling pain? This is due to the acidity or because of other factor? please prescribe me or suggest me proper way.
Hello Sir, Meri age 28 hai mujhe pet me gas hai acidity bhi hoti hai or Maine bahut medicines try kiya but pet me gas thik nhi hua please mujhe medicine bataye.
I'm a 40 years old man suffering from hyper-acidity and other abdomen problem for the last couple of years. What should I do?
I am having congestion in nose n throat and I am having some indigestion problems wen it happens it's seems that l ll faint so what's the matter hw can I come over wen it happens it's gets me irritated and fear of that some thing gonna happen to me? please suggest.
My father's age is 55 He is getting pains at leg knee joints n he can't walk properly n got swollen at joints n he is using caps of RUMAFORM n also have gastric problem also n using ZINETAC 150MG Is it necessary n give some guidance n precautions for better health of my father..
I am. Suffering from Heavy gastritis how to control this endoscopy result show s GERD WITH fungal gastritis and doctor gives some tablets but till not working that tablets so how to control this My feelings Like Heart buns ,back pain, constipation problem. Pls give me best suggestion.
I constantly suffer from bloating, gastric problem and constipation. Also my weight is on the higher side. Please suggest some remedy.
I am 22 years old girl from 2-3 days I am feeling very low as whenever I consume food I need to go washroom instantly, instant stomach ache, and sometimes I feel like vomiting, so what should I do?
What might be the reasons behind persistent acidity for a prolonged period? Does drinking plenty of water help curing it? And is it recommended to stop the intake of any particular beverages? Also, what sort of foods can increase acidity?
Hi Sir, I have a problem with me digestion of daily meal, everyday I use to go toilet 3-4 time a day, but after that also I could not able to do properly toilet. Thanks.
My stomach has not accept ed milk. So how milk easy digest in stomach any complete ly solution. Which ingredients add in milk. After milk digest easy. And high calories and powerfully energy many more.
Dear Doctor I suffering any sexual movements in mind and late eat meals after my right indulgence, testicular,abdominal pains and back pain also at the time urine is right yellow colour, please tell reason and any feature problems?
I am 27 years old. Doctors said I have lac of fiber. Can it cause stiffness in the stomach? I feel stiffness when I press my entrails in both of the right and left side of my belly.
The stomach produces strong hydrochloric acid which plays a major role in the digestive process. This acid is contained within the stomach by the closing of a valve in the lower oesophagus. A higher-than-normal concentration of the acid is quite common and it could be due to various reasons that cause acidity, some common ones being obesity, eating large meals, certain acidic foods like citrus fruits, alcohol, smoking, pregnancy and aerated beverages.
The symptoms of acidity include heartburn, a bloated feeling in the stomach, burping, hiccups, nausea and weight loss. An important thing to notice is that acidity is not a disease, but a symptom of an underlying disease. Unless there are serious structural issues, most cases of acidity can be managed with dietary and lifestyle changes. Some of the best, yet simple and effective ways to deal with acidity are listed below.
- Habit of eating smaller, but frequent meals. Eating one large meal is one of the main causes of acidity. Eating smaller frequent meals gives the stomach time to digest the food and also avoid acidity.
- Avoid eating close to bedtime. When you go to bed with a stomach full of food, you are sure to end up with acidity. A minimum of 3 hours should lapse between the last meal and the bedtime. This gives sufficient time for the stomach to clear the contents.
- Sleep with the head of the bed slightly elevated. Raising the head of the bed ensures there is no regurgitation of food, thereby preventing acidity.
- Daytime nappers with acidity issues can try to sleep in a recliner or on a chair to prevent acidity attacks.
- Manage weight through weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Obesity is one of the main reasons for acidity, and managing weight can help control acidity.
- Smoking is a major cause of acidity. The negative pressure created during smoking helps regurgitation of acid, causing heartburn. Quitting smoking can help relieve long-term acidity symptoms.
- Alcohol is another substance that aggravates acidity, and reducing or quitting can help in relieving acidity.
- Baking soda, aloe juice, banana, chewing gum, mustard, almonds, and chamomile are some natural remedies to relieve acidity.
- Most people have certain foods which are the triggers for acidity. Identifying these and avoiding these can also be a good way to manage acidity.
- Acidity is a major concern during pregnancy. The bloated feeling is worsened by the acidity and the developing baby.
- Clothes which have tight belts or are tight around the waist can be another reason for acidity.
While acidity is a common issue, it also is something that can be easily managed. Try the above measures and see your heartburn reduce. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
If have digestion problem. My stomach is bloated. Not able to easily digest food like milk, egg etc. I have constipation. I am suffering from it for around 9 years. What should I do?
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.