Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Balamurugan
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalamuruganYour feedback matters!
I am 39 and have severe headache due to gas and migraine. The moment I move out of house my head starts paining.
I am 31 year female. I have female type of baldness. Now I was going under treatment to recover my hairs (6 months). My doctor suggests me for prp. I had old history of epilepsy (20 years). I took medicine nearly 15 years. Last 5 years I was not taking any medicine. Is it good to go prp treatment?
I, at times, forget the name of a person I very well know. Like in a party I want to introduce to my wife someone whom I know. I feel at a loss to find that the name of the person whom I want to introduce does not come to my mind. Like forgetting the name of a film actor while watching a film on the TV screen. Otherwise I have a sharp memory. I can mentally multiply or add/subtract numbers, do other calculations. Like I buy something. Before the shopkeeper calculates the amount I readily come out with the figure. Being a lawyer I can remember judgments and the ratios drawn from the judgments. But I forget the names. GENERALLY BAD IN REMEMBERING NAMES. Is it the onset of dementia like Alzheimer's?
Am suffering from migraine almost 5 years onwards .I can't eat anything n am not able stand at least 5 mins under sunlight.
I my fingers are shaking continuously. While doing routine task. Same thing had brother. What is my tremor. What should may I do.
Subject: Loose motion starts with low fever and shivering PRESENTING COMPLAINTS Complaints: loose motion at least 12 a day and 7, 8 in night yesterday was feeling chill with low fever. Motion is like water Current Treatment: noxgyl. And fever reducer. Flexon now using oflox tz since after noon today.
I am 18 years old. It is been 4 month before I fall asleep I jerk. My EEG was abnormal, but last year I did a Brain MRI it was normal, do I need another Brain MRI.
Hi, I am 29 I am suffering from epilepsy I am using valparin chrono 500 bd inderal 10 bd rivotril 0.5 my eeg normal doctor change dose what are symptoms.
Our body is composed of many elements that carry out emotional and physical functions that are usually in sync with one another. It is important for these organs and other elements to be in sync for good health. All nerves are connected to the brain and are responsible for sending important signals throughout your body. Therefore, even one pressed nerve may send you warning signals such as pain to the body. It is advisable not to overlook these signals. Damage from a pressed nerve might be minor or extreme. It might bring about persistent and chronic issues. Therefore, the sooner you get a treatment for nerve compression, the more relieving experience you will have. In a few cases, you cannot reverse the damage caused by a pressed nerve. However, treatment does relieve you from the pain in most cases.
Nerves are the most vulnerable at spots in your body where they go through narrow spaces and have very less tissue to protect them. These are the places they are more likely to get pinched. A number of the causes may include:
- If the nerve is pressed between tissues, for example, your tendon, ligament or bone.
- Nerve compression in your neck or arm may likewise bring pain in zones, for example, your elbow, hand, wrist or fingers.
- Aggravation or weight on a nerve root leaving the spine may bring about neck or low back pain.
- In case a disc tears, it is known as a herniated circle that can put weight on a spinal nerve.
Some of the common symptoms of pinched nerves are:
- Pain in the region of pressure, for example, the neck or low back
- Transmitting pain, for example, sciatica or radicular pain
- Blazing sensation
To what extent you are affected depends from individual to individual. Treatment fluctuates, based upon the seriousness and reason for the pinched nerve. You may find that you benefit from just resting the affected area and by maintaining distance from any exercises that may cause you harm. If side effects endure or torment is serious, it is best to see your specialist. You may require one or more types of treatment to contract swollen tissue around the nerve.
Treatment may include:
- NSAIDs - Non steroidal inflammation mitigating drugs (NSAIDs, for example, headache medicine, ibuprofen, or naproxen may diminish swelling).
- Oral corticosteroids - These are utilized to lessen swelling and agony.
- Opiates - These are utilized for brief periods to lessen extreme pain.
- Steroid infusions - These infusions may diminish swelling and allow the affected nerves to recover.
- Exercise based recuperation - This will extend and reinforce muscles.
- Brace - A prop or delicate neckline limits movement and permits muscles to rest for brief periods.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: They are the most cost effective and non invasive methods for pain relief as recommended by the WHO. Your pain will be taken care of by the interventional pain physician or the pain specialist.
- Surgery - Surgery might be required for more serious issues that do not react to different sorts of treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!