Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. BalamuruganYour feedback matters!
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
Hi I fell and my head was hurt on the top backside of the head. I had got a bump for a few days. I do not experience any pain now. I'm fine. I hope there is no problem in the future. Am I right?
Sir mam I have a serious facial palsy and it will remain permanent bow should I live my life by having this type of face this is really troubling my face help me I am jusf 24 years old just .i will remain permanent sir help me .
I am 30 years old whenever I sit ideal my mind will go blank and suddenly a giddiness kind of thing strike my mind. I feel like falling down. It will be there for complete 2 mins. So what to do kindly help.
I am 50 years male, have neck pain for the last few months, of late I feeling numbness in my toes, is it cervical? how to get well?
My husband is suffering from traumatic Brain Injury (Diffuse axonal head injury. Since 23rd may 2014. Till date he in semi consious state. We reside in Dombivli (Mumbai). No neurologist is ready to visit home. He is on complete bed so its very difficult to move him.
Hi, I recently completed one year of treatment for Spinal TB with 100% Adherence to medicines. During the treatment, I never had any pain which initially existed and was able to lead a very normal life like others. Once I stopped medicine, I started feeling slight pain at the same place where it all started one year back. While the pain is not as bad as it was, I am just worried about why it still exists. I was advised to go for Physio and attended IFT sessions which considerably reduced paid but I still feel a pain like a pinch between my buttocks and lower spine. Any advice will be of great help. Let me know if I should see a Neuro to ensure my nerves are in good shape after being infected with TB bacteria.
My sister suffered by migraine, she consulted many doctors even she tried art of living but still she not satisfied with problem.
Sir I am suffering from Seizures, sir can you tell me about this and suffering from last 5yrs, please sir.
Hi doctor, my problem is, I have pain in lower back which is neither strong nor less, I do have a sitting job for maximum hours, because of that if I walk for say half an hour I feel fluctuating numbness in my cloves area (right side), please can you suggest me tablet or cream so that I can get rid of this. Many thanks - Minhajuddin.
I am a 71 year old man, healthy, active and strong. When having sex with wife, I prolong to make her reach her climax as she has circumcised her clitoris and labia minor. It takes time. But in the bargain, my corona becomes numb PERHAPS and do not reach climax, in the end! Please tell me whether it could be from Prostate, or else?
I am 23 one year back I have taken the treatment of migraine but still now also after travelling and expose to sun the comes back. Is there any permanent solution?
Sir. My hands, my body, my legs used to vibrate every time, whether I am holding anything or not. I am just 20, please help me out.
I had headache and vomiting, 3 month back. I consulted my family doctor and now I am fine but the company in which I am working are giving me night shift duty. I consulted my doc, he told me better to refuse as you had symptoms of migraine pain 3 months back. I need a reply from neurologist, what shall I do?
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.