Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. BalamuruganYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from full body vibrating, sexual weakness also for last 2 years. I have taken many medicines recommended by the doctor but no relief as of now.
I am a 25 years healthy and fit male. On 26.10 2016 just after lunch I got a seizure attack and become unconscious for next half an hour. I was hospitalised and after ct scan and MRI doctors tald me that I had Neurocysticercosis problem. So please tell me what should I do now as doctors says that I have to take medicine fot next 3 months. What should I do.
During a febrile seizure, the body of a child may convulse, shake and contract, the eyes may roll, and he or she may moan or become unconscious. This type of seizure is usually for a few minutes, but in rare cases can last up to 15 minutes.
Febrile seizures stop on their own while the fever persists until treated. While some children may feel sleepy afterwards, others do not have lasting effects.
Seizures in toddlers may be caused due to the following factors
- Epilepsy - Epilepsy is defined categorically as two or more seizures without any acute cause. Epilepsy can occur at any age, but it is usually diagnosed in infants and young children.
- Body temperature - Body temperature may indicate a crisis in small children. High body temperatures or low body temperature can cause seizures in a toddler. These types of seizures occur only once or twice in children two years or younger, often after an illness. This type of seizure due to the fortification of the body temperature is considered a febrile convulsion.
- Dehydration - Febrile seizures can also occur due to dehydration. Dehydration is a direct result of previous illness that included sweating and fever.
- Physical condition - A child who is in poor physical condition can also be prone to seizures. Malnutrition or a body weakened by disease or illness makes small children more susceptible to crises.
- Family History - Family history can play a role in toddlers or children with seizures. If a family member suffered from the tendency or had convulsions, particularly febrile seizures as a child, this trait can be inherited.
Treating febrile seizures
If your child has a febrile seizure, stay calm and:
- Make sure your child is in a safe place and does not fall or hit something hard
- Place your child on his side to prevent choking
- Watch for signs of breathing difficulties, including any colour change in the face of your child
- If the seizure lasts more than a few minutes or your child turns blue, it may be a more serious type of seizure; connect with doctors immediately
Febrile seizures can be frightening to witness, but remember they are fairly common and are not usually a symptom of a serious disease, and in most cases does not lead to other health problems.
- Chronic headache is a common problem in today's life style people. Ayurveda differentiate various type of headache (shirishool) as per involvement of doshas like vata, pitta, kapha, ardhavabhedak, shankhak etc. In modern medicine also gives headache names as per cause like tention headache, migraine. But in general when people have headache call it migraine. As per last 27 years experience mainly two types patients are seen first patients who have acidity and feels head pain and gastritis and second patient who have more stressful life and feels headache in early morning.
- Ayurveda have very effective treatment of migraine and chronic headache by some oral medicines, panchakarma therapy and diet changes. Most of the patients treated by me got permanent relief. Ayurveda treatment beauty is that it not only cures headache but provide relaxation, detoxification and rejuvenation of the body.
I am suffering from migraine headache. There are some dark spots like pimple on my face and forehead after recovering from chickenpox.
My brother is 35 year old. He met with a bike accident and he has faced serious head injury (internal bleeding. It's almost been two months now he has recovered a little. But now he is getting fever frequently (along with frequent sweating. I would like to know what is the reason for fever and what treatment he should undergo.
I have continues headache from last 4 to 5 days. I have migraine problem from childhood what should I do please suggest me. When I go to sunlight it increases.
I am 22 I have taken intramuscular injection in that site I got numbness. Can I know y it happen and suggest me wt to do next.
I am 23 years old. Sometimes I do suffer from terrible headache. My scan report says I am suffering from migraine. Please tell me some curable tips.
My wife age 66 yrs having urine incontinence problem too much? her neurosurgery for brain tumor was done in 2007. She also having diabetes. taking treatment at Medicity Gurgaon but no improvement. Did catheretzatiom but she having pain in bladder What should do!
From the past 3 months he is having headache and sometimes the problem of migraine but he don't want to consult a doctor so please help.
Sir/mam, from past 2 days I am having pain in my nipples. I don't know the reason. It was 16th of July when I had last intercourse and had a 2 days delay period on 10 th aug. Which last for 7 long days. I was facing migraine problem from some days. What could be the reason of this pain. It's really annoying to have this much pain.
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate. The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting.
Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.