Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Laksha HospitalYour feedback matters!
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
A mental condition that takes shape during early childhood, Autism is identified by characteristics like difficulty in communication, the use of language, understanding abstract concepts and building bonds with other people. This brain development disorder is also characterized by the performance of repetitive behaviors in the affected individual.
Homeopathy approach in treating Autism
Diagnosis of the condition by a homeopath requires the adoption of an extensive and intensive approach. From collecting detailed information about symptoms like a reaction to vaccines, thermal sensitivities and medical history of the family to understanding sleep postures; treatment of this condition requires an understanding of every vital factor associated with the condition. The hardcore approach is vital for understanding the stimulus/response connection of symptoms. This is because whenever an autistic child undergoes stressful situations, the reaction is a sign that a homeopath cannot ignore. By completely understanding the cycle of stress and reaction, a homeopath can only be able to suggest the right treatment program.
What about the remedies prescribed for treating the condition?
Being a holistic branch of medicine, homeopathy takes into account the complete physical as well as the mental makeup of the individual. Additionally, in this alternative medicine, the homeopath also takes into consideration the details of the disease while recommending remedies. Remedies like Carcinocin, Secretin and Thuja are favored the most for treating the condition. At the same time, the appropriate remedies are recommended after having a thorough understanding as to whether the individual falls within the constitutional makeup of the remedies considered.
Another essential aspect of this branch of medicine in the treatment of this brain development disorder is the practice of using LM potencies (homeopathic medicines on the last scale of potencies). These remedies are not only acted faster but are also gentler compared to others. They have been found to be very effective in preventing the individual from falling prey to the old symptoms and can be frequently repeated as well as used for a long time.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Dear Doctors, My age is 34 years old male and unmarried. I want to live life like a swan not like crows. I want to live the best life by achieving the best I can. I want good attitude with purity, patience, confidence and love. But my life is fully opposite. Low paid job, and unmarried. I never like my life and myself. I am very fearful, hesitant and depressed. I feel like committing suicide everyday. I always pray god that take me away from this life and cry inside everyday. Always fear and inactive. I started watching motivational movies and meditation. So I could be free of fear for sometime. Should I commit suicide? Or is it possible to achieve my dreams? I beg all doctors, please guide me.
Are indigestion - gas problems related with stiff neck and migraine (one-sided headaches)? I am a 22 years old Student and get these issues which has immensely troubled my attention and work. Also, should I do any Internal tests to review risks as I tend to get throbbing pain in my stomach. Kindly help.
My father is suffering from Parkinson's disease from last 4 years is there any permanent cure for this disease his right hand and right leg shaking too much please guide me.
I have migraine problem since last 7 years. I can not do anything and not able to tolerate. Can not concentrate properly on my work. Its trigger due to light, sundays, voice, noise, walking, etc. Having constipation also. It is trigger from early morning to night daily. Plzz suggest me what I should do. I have checked upon doctors but still no relief. I have taken alopathic, homeopathic, ayurvedic all type of medicine from last 7 years I am taking. But still suffering from chronic headache. Plzzz help me. thank you.
I'm 22 years old and having migraine and thyroid at high level of 7.5. My weight is 71 kg. What should I do to reduce all my problems? Please advice me as soon as possible.
Mere ko twitching hoti hai. Kabi legs me. Kabi arm me. Kabi abdomen me. Aab blood test thyriod profile, vitamen test normal hai. Kya kahi yeh alas toh nahi hai. Yeh 2015 november se ho raha hai. Tab doctor ne mere ko chest pain ke lie gabapentine dia tha 15 days ke lie. Jab se october 2015 me gabapentin 15 days baad stop kia toh tab se hi twitching ho rahi hai.
My left ear is completely numb, just the outside parts. My inner ear is fine. I had my ears cleaned out fairly recently. No pain, no rash and no other part of my body is numb. Please help.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera, asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.