Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B Harriprasad
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. B HarriprasadYour feedback matters!
I have facing a big problem. My problem is why very much gas is formed in my stomach. And mucous is formed for a light food also. I m fully disappointed for this. Give me some remedies.
What is the cause of pain in abdomen? there is also a weakness in legs can you tell me what is the best treatment of this?
Hi, My father is suffering from the below symptoms: 1. Belching continuously 2. Pain in liver 3. Back ache This is after having omelette and a cup of tea in the morning. Kindly suggest what is this and is this anything serious. How to heal this issue? Regards.
Good evening sir/mam, I am getting bleeding when I am going to motion 5 to 10 drops regularly can I know what is the problem and I am fear about it. I am 32 years old can I have a suggestion for this problem.
When I was of 12 years old. I am effected with acute pancreatitis. Now I am 16 years old. Till now its not cleared. When ever I met with pain I use to join in hospital and they use to treat mee. And again after going home. After some months same continues. And I am not an alcoholic. I won't smoke. And in my family no one have that problem. Please tell me some way so that I can cure my problem.
The anal area is a highly vascular area, and if not maintained hygienically, it can lead to health issues including infection. The anal canal can get infected quite easily and if these infected parts begin to discharge pus, it could leak through the anal canal. This is known as anal fistula, and can be caused due to:
- Unhygienic toilet habits leading to infected anal region, which can pass up the anal canal
- Can be caused due to excessive straining, which can be due to constipation
- Post-surgical effect, where an existing anal abscess was drained
- The fistula could be constantly draining pus or blood, producing a constant moist feeling in the anal region
- In some, it could be intermittent draining with full dry spells in between
- There could also be pain, which is constant and throbbing and worse with sitting
- Pus discharge can produce a foul smell
- The skin around the anus can be itchy and irritated
- Tenderness and swelling of the area
- Constipation and painful bowel movements
- Fever and chills, due to generic infection
Management: Prevention and treatment are both essential in managing anal fistula.
- Prevention is mainly achieved through healthy toilet hygiene habits, as this is the main cause for filstula formation
- Treatment would include para-surgical therapy ( non-invasive ), which should be followed by healthy toilet habits and good diet habits including fibrous meals to avoid constipation.
The following are two well-established surgical corrective measures.
- Ayurveda has a well-established technique known as ksharsutra wherein a medicated thread is used to drain the fistula and to prevent further fistula formation.
- A linen thread is smeared with latex, curcuma longa, and Apamarg Kshar which are known for their multiple healthy benefits – anti-hermorrhoidal, anti-inflammatory, and coagulatory properties.
- The linen thread is smeared with these herbs in layers and takes a few days to prepare.
- This thread is then allowed to stay in the fistula tract, which allows for healing and prevents pus accumulation and/or closure
- This is followed by a complete liquid diet, which is gradually moved to a semi-solid diet and if required sitz baths
Ayurvedic gugglu ksharsutra therapy:
Ayurveda is a thousands of years old system of holistic healing through herbs. It is not only based on drugs but a healthy diet, good lifestyle, staying happy and different Ayurvedic treatments which have no side effects and are absolutely safe to use. According to Ayurveda a body suffers from a disorder because of disparity in the 3 Doshas. Ayurveda deals with balancing the Doshas and healing the body. Synchronizing the body, lifestyle with nature and its paradigm.
The Doshas have to be balanced, one dominant or other ignored causes disorders, as a result the person falls sick. Here, we will talk about fistula in Ano and Ayurvedic treatments for fistula in Ano.
Anal Fistula is a two-sided canal. One end of tube opens up inside the anal canal and the other opening is near the anus on the skin. This leads to leakage of stool from the other opening, oozing of pus leading to discomfort, pain, and sometimes fever as well.
Ayurvedic herbs are especially known for keeping the digestive system in good shape by maintaining the right balance of the Pitta element that maintains the right balance of the digestive fire. According to Ayurvedic principles, any disorder in the body is a result of a faulty digestive fire that manages its functions. It is very important to restore the imbalance of digestive physiology to heal the anal fistulas.
Hey. Actually when I go to toilet for potty. There some blood coming when stool is passing. And sometimes it's coming like liquid type. I think it's piles pls suggest me the best medicine also advise me the food I have avoid? Best Regards Sanjay Rawat.
I have been suffering from ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease I do not know. There is mucus in stool and feel weak and chill. What should I do and can I be cured? please help.
I am vomiting almost everyday in the morning while brushing my teeth, its been 2 weeks , but today I saw blood in the vomit, I don have any kind of pain in the stomach.
A surprising large number of people suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a condition characterized by a combination of stomach pain, abdominal discomfort and abnormal bowel movement such as diarrhea or constipation. This condition is not life threatening, but can make you very uncomfortable and increase your risk of suffering from other colon problems. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating irritable bowel syndrome. Here are a few tips.
A healthy diet
Diet is one of the most important facets of Ayurveda. To prevent bowel difficulties eat plenty of fiber and easy to digest foods. Cumin seeds, pomegranate and buttermilk can also aid digestion and prevent this condition. Drinking warm water can also aid digestion. On the other hand, curd, junk food, acidic beverages and food that causes bloating and excessive gas production such as potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower should be reduced or removed from your daily diet.
Yoga works on the physical and psychological levels of a person. It also massages and strengthens a number of different organs. Stress is one of the biggest causes of irritable bowel syndrome. Yoga can help combat stress and alleviates anxiety and aids relaxation. A few basic yoga asanas that can help ease pain and treat this condition are:
- Downward facing dog
This is an Ayurvedic cleansing process that enhances the metabolic process and eliminates toxins from the body. Panchakarma literally means 5 techniques or forms of treatment. This includes vamana, virechana, basti, nasya and raktamokshana. These processes make the mind and body more receptive to food and medicines that treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- Probiotics: Probiotics supplement your natural gut bacteria and help break down complex foods. It can also help alleviate bloating, abdominal pain and regularize bowel movements. Probiotics can be found in oatmeal, whole grains and a number of fruits and vegetables like asparagus, onions and bananas.
- Herbs: Ayurveda also utilizes the properties of herbs to treat health conditions. Half a spoon of turmeric taken twice a day can help reduce intestinal inflammation and reduce bloating and abdominal pain. Drinking a concoction made by steeping spoonful of dried mint leaves or coriander seeds in hot water for ten minutes can also help deal with this condition. Equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, pepper and pippali can help regulate digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.