Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.Mohamad Jaan
Submit a review for Dr. A.Mohamad JaanYour feedback matters!
My friend is having problem of hyper acidity cos of which she cannot breathe properly and some times feel stomachache and unable to sit also.
I am 28 year male I have gastric problem, how to overcome from this? And explain me about food methodology?
Will ursodiol or chenodiol dissolve gallstones? Please help, I don't want to get operate. I don't want to loose my quality life.
I have pain while passing motion. I was told it may get alright by fissure operation. I normally ease with sitz bzth.
How to prevent the acidity? What are the simple household measures to be taken to prevent from the acidity?
I have gastric problem what can I do for that? And when I was in 8th std I have whiteheads on my face I concern other skin Dr. When I use regularly those creams which was suggested by doctors whiteheads did not rise up and when I stop using cream they will again come on my face. What can I do to stop those whiteheads growth permanently please suggest some treatment or creams?
My father was suffering from peptic ulcer, he consulted laparoscopic doctor and he made endoscopy and gave some medicines, syrup. But the result was not much better. So, please suggest different medicines and syrup.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.