Doctors in Abhijay Hospital Pvt Ltd
Weight Loss Treatment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment & Management of Stress
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Anxiety
Management of Abortion
Submit a review for Abhijay Hospital Pvt LtdYour feedback matters!
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression.
The chances of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
- Constant fear and worry
- Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
- Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
- Panic attacks
- Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.
Swollen ankles are very common among older people. Sometimes even young people suffer from this disease. There can be many possible reasons for swollen ankles. Some of the main and most relevant causes for swollen ankles are as follows:
- Injury on ankle
- Sprained ankle
- Venous insufficiency
- Lymph edema
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Some medications, including calcium channel blockers, steroids or even antidepressants
Homeopathic treatment for swollen ankles
The main treatment for swollen ankles actually requires a great deal of investigation in the field of homeopathic genre. Each and every case is investigated thoroughly and also analysed to a huge depth before prescribing any kind of homeopathic medication. The swollen ankles which are caused due to injury, sprain and arthritis can be independently handled by a homeopathic treatment. But in case of any other serious organ injury, homeopathic medicines are mainly used for treatment along with other kinds of advanced medications. Homeopathic medication should be considered only after consulting a good physician. Self-medication must be strictly avoided.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for treating swollen ankles include the following:
- Apis Mellifica and Apocynum: Apis Mellifica and Apocynum are considered to be the best medicines for dropsical swollen ankles, also referred to as edema. Here the swelling is caused due to excess water retention or even due to water accumulation in the tissues.
- Ledum Pal: If you are experiencing swollen ankles due to arthritis, Ledum Pal is your go-to homeopathic medicine. In such cases, the affected person usually experiences painful and hot swollen ankles.
- Arnica: Another medicine of all times, especially for swollen ankles, is Arnica. It is the most effective medicine for swollen ankles caused due to an injury. Arnica works in a wondrous way to reduce the pain and the swelling of the ankles from injury which are bruised and feel sore to touch.
- Ruta: Ruta is primarily prescribed for swollen ankles resulting from sprain. A sprain is defined as the overstretching of the ligaments, mainly in the area of joints.
- Hamamelis: This homeopathic medicine, which is highly effective in treating swollen ankles, primarily caused due to varicose veins or venous insufficiency, is Hamamelis. It is the best rated medicine among its category.
If you are suffering from a swollen ankle, neither be indifferent it to, nor delay its treatment for long. It is recommended that you consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner to get the best medicine for your condition.
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
To know more, take a private consultation today!
Constipation usually refers to the troublesome bowel movement. It is normally referred to a condition where you defecate less than normal. Most people usually experience this at some point, yet it is not considered very serious unless it becomes a persistent problem. Instead of immediately turning to some medicine or laxative, (which usually worsens the issue) attempt some basic home solutions to get rid of your inconvenience, and prevent it from returning. Some of the most effective home remedies to get relief from constipation are:
Oil: Start your day by taking 1 tablespoon of olive oil. It works best when you have an empty stomach, so have it before you eat anything else. In case that you forget, wait until later when you have not eaten for some time. You can blend it with a bit of lemon juice.
Lemon juice: The citrus extract in lemon juice acts as a stimulant for your digestive system and can flush out toxins and undigested material that may have developed along the walls of the intestine. Avoid blending the juice with water, as this may dilute the effect of the former.
Caffeine: Caffeine is a natural solution for the digestive system. One or two cups are fine, however, ensure you do not try too hard. Consuming a lot can have the reverse impact. Coffee is a diuretic and makes you urinate more frequently and as often as possible. Yet, it can have a negative impact too. In case that you drink it in excess, it can bring about blockage by dehydrating the body and drawing out water that would otherwise soften your stool for easy passage.
Fiber: Natural foods have a tendency to contain a huge amount of fiber. To put it plainly, fiber is a material that cannot be processed and it acts like a sponge. It draws water from its environment, making it swell, which makes the stool soft and adds bulk and mass to it, which helps it pass normally.
Aloe Vera: It is best to use aloe vera gel straight from the plant itself. The gel straight from the plant is more concentrated than processed aloe juice so do not use more than 2 tablespoons. In case that you do not have an aloe plant, then drinking aloe juice can accomplish similar results.
Baking soda: Baking soda lies at the heart of home cures. It is so flexible, and it practically does its work 95% of the time, as per many medical studies. It works well for constipation (and abdominal pain as a rule) since it is a bicarbonate. It will urge air to leave you somehow and calm pain from the pressure. It additionally re-alkalizes the stomach, killing the acid to some degree and helping waste pass through your gut.
Colon cancer is a medical condition where malignant cancerous growths mainly originate in the colon or the large intestine. Believed to be the sixth most common type of cancer prevalent in India (As per the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre), the colon cancer can metastasize and affect the other healthy body parts and organs.
The symptoms that may be indicative of colon cancer include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- A person may suffer from anemia (triggered by iron deficiency).
- Rapid and unexplained loss of body weight.
- There may be rectal bleeding (blood may also appear in the stool). There may also be pain and discomfort during the bowel movement.
- A person may experience extreme weakness and fatigue.
- Frequent diarrhea or constipation.
- A person may complain of abdominal pain and cramps.
- There may be a change in the consistency of the stool.
Unfortunately, in most cases, the symptoms associated with colon cancer may not appear in the initial stages, thus complicating the situation.
Prevention and management of Colon Cancer
A little alertness on your part can help to prevent colon cancer.
- Regular health checkups and screening: Whether the symptoms appear or not, health check-ups at regular intervals are a must. In addition to preventing colon cancer, regular health check-ups can also help to avert a host of other health complications. The screening tests for colon cancer are necessary for people who have a family history of colon cancer and also those who are above 50 years of age. The various screening tests for colon cancer include:
- Forget the unhealthy lifestyle habits: Smoking and drinking (excessive) can be the chief contributors triggering colon cancer. Limiting your alcohol intake and quitting smoking will not only keep you healthy but also keep colon cancer at bay.
- Shed the extra pounds: The harmful effects of obesity are known to all. Obesity is considered to be one of the underlying factors that can trigger a colon cancer. A healthy body weight can go a long way in preventing colon cancer and keep you fit and active. Minimum 30 minutes exercise daily is all that you need to stay fit and healthy.
- Make healthy changes in the diet: If you want to prevent colon cancer, make your diet as healthy as you can. Enrich it with fruits, vegetables and food items that are rich in fibers, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Dietary fats (red meat or any other processed meats) are a strict no. Choose whole grain products over refined ones.
When your doctor suspects of the presence of extra fluid in your lungs, you might be advised for a thoracic ultrasound. What is a thoracic ultrasound and why do you need it? With a thoracic ultrasound, your doctor will be able to look at everything in the thoracic cavity and can know if your lungs, heart, and other structures in the chest are working fine. The pulmonologists can efficiently determine the lung condition even in critically ill patients using a non-invasive ultrasound technique.
And, since the method is based on sound, there is no risk of exposure to potentially harmful ionizing radiation or nephron-toxic contrast dye in this case. Hence, a thoracic ultrasound has become the most preferred technique for conducting a preliminary examination or to further check and confirm a finding noted using other imaging techniques for thoracic diseases.
Reasons to have a chest ultrasound
- The doctor usually refer an ultrasound when he or she can feel that there is some extra amount of fluid in your chest. The ultrasound can tell the physician the reason behind the deposition of excess liquid.
- The ultrasound would help detect the type of fluid that is present in the chest, whether it is exudate that is caused due to inflammation, an infection, or lung cancer, or whether it is transudate that is a leakage from the lymph nodes or the blood vessel. It determines the movement of the diaphragm.
- Chest ultrasound can be done in conjunction with other examinations like CT scan, MRI to evaluate the condition of the chest.
- It has to be noted that, in certain circumstances such as severe obesity and barium in your esophagus, the procedure can give an inaccurate result. Hence, it is always advisable to talk with the health care provider and share your complete medical history before undergoing this procedure to prevent such occurrences.
After a Thoracic Ultrasound
- After the results of the ultrasound are received, the doctor can detect what the condition of your chest is at the moment. Your doctor will also confirm if the lungs have collapsed or if there is water in the lungs, or excess fluid has deposited into the lungs.
- Ultrasound can also reveal if you have pneumonia. A diagnosis like this does not take a long duration, and thus the ultrasound plays a significant role in expediting the treatment process.
- There are no hard and fast regulations to follow after the ultrasound. The physician may recommend few instructions depending on your situation. In typical cases, there is no special preparation like fasting is required and you need not be sedated during the ultrasound as well.
- A safe and painless method to detect the condition of the chest and the respiratory organs and the blood flow through the organs in your chest, a thoracic ultrasound is a preferred procedure that can help your doctor to diagnose your condition and decide upon the treatment method.
Ayurveda believes that the beauty of the skin is linked to your overall health. You can have a glowing skin only when your heart and other organs are working properly. The glow comes from within rather than by applying lotions and artificial creams for fairness and flawlessness. It has to be kept in mind that the nutrients and the toxins produced in the body circulates within via the bloodstream. Toxins produced due to vata, pitta and kapha doshas or imbalances are circulated by the circulating rasa dhatu in the body. These hamper the beauty of your skin and overall personality. The toxins damage or destroy the cells in the organs. Therefore, you must start bringing balance to the doshas to get back your natural beauty. Remember, your skin is vulnerable to the imbalances in the doshas. Excess pitta can leave your skin looking dull, pigmented and lusterless. If your skin is oily and the pores are clogged, you might have excess Kapha.
Here are some tips for staying beautiful naturally by addressing the dosha imbalances and flushing your system on time:
- You must drink plenty of water to keep your system clean and free from accumulation of toxins. According to American Journal of Nutrition women in their mid-age with sufficient amount of vitamin C had wrinkle-free skin. They looked young and vitamin. Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of collagen. It also catalyses collagen repairs. You can have food rich in vitamin C. Thus, you can eat leafy green vegetables and citrus fruits for best results on regular basis. It is always advisable to quit smoking in order to have younger and fairer spotless skin. Smoking is responsible for the release of an enzyme called metalloproteinases. This enzyme is responsible for damage to skin cells.You must not eat too much of sweet stuffs as they can cause beauty disaster. Excess sugar leads to the production of advanced glycation end products by attaching itself to lipids and proteins. This would hamper your skin and its collagen.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. It is important for you to exfoliate your skin daily. It removes the dead cells from the outer layer and allows the skin to breathe and look fresh.
- Make sure that you go for excretion on regular basis and have a proper bowel movement without any problem. You can have a cup of lukewarm water regularly early in the morning empty stomach to have a better bowel movement.
- There are certain herbs like neem, manjistha, turmeric and tulsi, which enhance your skin quality and improve circulation. You can apply them as face-packs. It is also a good practice to undertake regular warm oil massage. It improves circulation and nourishes the skin to a great extent.
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to your doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.
Sleep is the normal physiological process of our body which is as important as respiration and digestion. Sleep is vital for maintaining our physical and mental health. Normal adults require 8 hours of sleep every day, whereas it 14 to 15 hours of sleep is recommended for for infants and toddlers.
What are the different stages of Sleep
Every human has a natural circadian clock in their body, which is responsible for maintaining our sleep - wake homeostasis. The different stages of sleep include REM and NREM that is rapid eye movement sleep and non rapid eye movement sleep respectively. REM is the deep sleep stage in which it is very difficult to wake up the person as this stage includes the sensory inhibition and all voluntary muscles along with almost all interactions with the surroundings are inhibited. Therefore, a person’s physical stress and tiredness also gets relieved during this stage of sleep. NREM sleep is the stage between REM and awakening and here the person may have sensory connection with his or her surroundings, but may not respond.
Sleep and its benefits
Sleep and stress have a very strong connection with each other. The best way to relieve stress and any other mental disturbance is sleep. It is essential to have knowledge about sleep psychiatry for almost all physicians as they face many sleep deprived patients in their day to day practice.
- Sleep is not only responsible for relieving mental stress and depression, but has other benefits as well
- Sleep is also essential for the normal physiological growth in early infancy and it is vital for development of normal alertness, attention and knowledge
- It also relaxes our voluntary muscles and thereby, relieves us from physical stress
- Sleep disturbance may also aggravate diseases in our body. Sleep is also the state of recovery and healing.
Sleep psychiatry also insist on meditation and ensures that people have normal pattern of sleep, in order to maintain the mental health of the person in a normal state.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.